Thoughts on sliders (EVO, LOD, RockHard)

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Oh, it can be done and it won't effect anything. In fact, I've racked my Jeep from them before. The problem comes from really big hits from playing on really big rocks. In fact, if you run a CB antenna on your bumper and have a coax cable coming out from under your quarter panel, a big enough hit will cause the body to move enough to cut the cable between your bumper. Trust me, I have done it and have seen it happen countless times as well.

Wow. I probably won't bang it that hard, but you never know. Good to know that the design is good, though! [emoji106]🏻

LarryG

I installed my LOD sliders a few weeks ago. So far.....I am NOT impressed with the Powder Coating. I paid the extra $98 for the two stage zinc, hoping for a good long lasting finish. It is not good at all. Little stuff scuffs it up, and it is FAR inferior to any of the other coatings on the other aftermarket stuff. NOT impressed with the finish.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I installed my LOD sliders a few weeks ago. So far.....I am NOT impressed with the Powder Coating. I paid the extra $98 for the two stage zinc, hoping for a good long lasting finish. It is not good at all. Little stuff scuffs it up, and it is FAR inferior to any of the other coatings on the other aftermarket stuff. NOT impressed with the finish.

Maybe you should contact LOD. The ones I saw looked great.

Tkelly5

I have the LOD sliders and love them. They have only been on for a month and have taken a few hits. Like Larry said the finish did come off on some spots with the hits, but I figured it was just from rock rash.

DeltaCharlie45

I've got the rock hard 4x4 patriot sliders. Easy install; no welding or drilling. Sticks out far enough for a step and high enough not to compromise clearance.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just making sure - were your EVO sliders the normal angle on your Granite Crystal build?

Correct, I had the regular angle sliders that fit close to the body. The low angle EVO sliders move the top tube out quite a ways from what I have seen.
I know there are a few sliders out there that have a dedicated 'step', like LOD and TNT, but I'm still considering the EVO sliders because they are tough as nails and look great.
For me, it's all going to come down to what works best for the wife (5'3"), and the kids. Right now, the factory sliders are doing well as a step, but not nearly as tough as I would like. Also, I need to consider how high up the 'step' part of the slider is going to move up when it's on 35s.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the Evo sliders with the low angle step. I love em! I was also debating getting the LOD but I just liked the look of the Evo more at the time. Here is a couple pics of them
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470824268.151184.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470824361.964618.jpg .

Journeyman

Hey guys are those low angle Evo sliders a custom order? I haven't been able to locate them on the Evo site or any other website.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey guys are those low angle Evo sliders a custom order? I haven't been able to locate them on the Evo site or any other website.

Yes. If you order them thru off road evolution you can ask in the comment box for the low angle version. They will take longer to get as they are really only made when ordered but worth the wait. I think I waited about 6 weeks for mine to build, powder, and ship from Cali to PA

Journeyman

whats going on in your profile pic? cool jeep

Avatar pic is from an auto art tour near my home out in Borrego Springs, Ca. A local family has built and installed metal art all over the desert. It's quite amazing what they've planted out there. Everything from a jeep to a giant 300' dragon sand worm creature that the hwy passes through.

Journeyman

Yes. If you order them thru off road evolution you can ask in the comment box for the low angle version. They will take longer to get as they are really only made when ordered but worth the wait. I think I waited about 6 weeks for mine to build, powder, and ship from Cali to PA

Awesome! Thanks cozdude.

r2fasani

Correct, I had the regular angle sliders that fit close to the body.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

I'm still considering the EVO sliders because they are tough as nails and look great.

I 100% agree. You know you're getting great quality with EVO and I actually prefer the look over LOD, but just by a little. I do like that you can bolt the LOD sliders on and still have a solid setup because I would be able to install them at home. But I'm not sure that's enough to put them ahead of EVO in my build plans.

For me, it's all going to come down to what works best for the wife (5'3"), and the kids. Right now, the factory sliders are doing well as a step, but not nearly as tough as I would like.

I'm in the same boat. Wife is 5'3" too and my girls are all younger than 8yrs. I have the HR factory sliders, so I can move the EVO sliders down the priority list, but ultimately the factory sliders aren't as tough I would like long-term.

Top Bottom