Thoughts on sliders (EVO, LOD, RockHard)

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
That's what I thought. Thanks!

I 100% agree. You know you're getting great quality with EVO and I actually prefer the look over LOD, but just by a little. I do like that you can bolt the LOD sliders on and still have a solid setup because I would be able to install them at home. But I'm not sure that's enough to put them ahead of EVO in my build plans.

I'm in the same boat. Wife is 5'3" too and my girls are all younger than 8yrs. I have the HR factory sliders, so I can move the EVO sliders down the priority list, but ultimately the factory sliders aren't as tough I would like long-term.

If my wife were taller, I wouldn't have even started the thread. I would have ordered low angle EVO sliders, but LOD was my #2 choice as far as looks go. I really wanted to know if LOD was an effective slider and not just a step. If they are good enough for Moby, they are good enough for me. [emoji106]🏻

Robertcrav

Eddie,

You also mentioned Shrockworks, what was your opinion of them in comparison to LOD?

Those two are on my short list for frame mounted sliders...

Kaylinator

Has anybody seen the new Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers in person yet? They're made to be a step, but I'm a little concerned that they appear to only provide the step aspect, not the angled "slider" portion that the LOD have.

Robertcrav

Has anybody seen the new Poison Spyder Ricochet Rockers in person yet? They're made to be a step, but I'm a little concerned that they appear to only provide the step aspect, not the angled "slider" portion that the LOD have.
Just pics online...I like those as well aesthetically anyway... based on another thread on here about them I sent an email to PS asking them to confirm if they are made here or over seas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

LeighP

I had VKS frame mounted Pre-Runner sliders noted down on my "to do" list...mainly due to the frame mounting and the similar steps as the pictured LOD sliders. Just another option to consider.

LeighP

Is that the company that rips off designs?

I've no idea...I don't know anything about them, just saw them on line in a search a while back and noted them down as I needed a step top and wanted frame mounting (two things that aren't common to a lot of designs out there)......fairly generic piece of gear when you think about it, but I suppose they could be a copy of someone else's?

The LoD's seem to offer the same combination.......which is nice to know.....now that I've seen them in detail.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm a little late to the party Clay, but I have LODs, I don't recall if you saw them last time at the Motel6 or not... but they are still going strong and i would buy them again... tapatalk_1475541766853.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Here's a couple of shots of Moby back when he was still running LoD sliders.

main.php

main.php
And this is why I went LOD... IMO this right here is just about as sexy as a jeep gets... :thumb:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I am digging the LOD's. Do they come in different angles?

Does anyone have any pics of the EVO's at an even lower angle?

Top Bottom