Tie rod

CREEPR

WAL I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on Metalcloak tie rods. I dig the look, hoping you have some positive things to say about there performance.

bsimon187

WAL I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on Metalcloak tie rods. I dig the look, hoping you have some positive things to say about there performance.

I ran the MC tie rod for about a year. Put a good bend in it on a trail one day. I had the version before they made some changes, so not sure about the ones from the last year or so.

metalic

Sorry for being MIA, I had to go wheeling and just got back off the trail.

Again, "quality product" is YOUR OPINION and one that you have yet to back up. To this day, I still don't know where their tie-rod ends are made but I do know their ball joints are made in China so I can only be left to assume that's where all their joints are made. I've yet to see anything of quality come out of China but, that's just me.

LOL!! I just love how butthurt fanboys like you get over me disagreeing with the products you've been sold on by your retailer of choice. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean I'm "hating" on a product and even if I was - what do you really care? It's just my opinion. That being said, I find it funny how all I ever said is that the OP should set his toe and run the FACTORY tie-rod which costs NOTHING AT ALL. You were the one who suggested he buy a cheaper alternative to a Currie tie rod. To that, I am just suggesting that IF you're going to spend ANY money at all, it should be for something that is really worth it. Of course, that's just my opinion and really, what do I know.

I totally disagree. You ASSUME I was interested in an LS1 or an LSX or the like. I got the motor I wanted and would have gotten it as a crate motor IF I wasn't able to find a salvaged one. Comparing a NEW TeraFlex 60 to a used Dynatrac ProRock 60 is an APPLES TO APPLES comparison. The same could be said about a WARN winch vs. a Smittybilt or Dyantrac ProSteers vs. Chinese made Synergy ball joints. But really, I digress. Clearly, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

I wouldn't disagree with you at all especially being that TeraFlex is made in China. But really, that is just my opinion and based on what I have SEEN. The same can be said about EVERYTHING I recommend including a Currie tie-rod being BETTER than a Synergy. Unlike you, I prefer to recommend what I feel is the BEST product rather than something that is just cheaper. Otherwise, sticking with factory parts is an option that I recommend all the time. But again, that's just me.

I've heard nothing but good things about the currie. Mine is barely tweaked and will keep running it until it needs changed. I like to buy once cry once.

And thanks for rubbing it in about wheeling since I've been working. Lol

TheStick

I ran the MC tie rod for about a year. Put a good bend in it on a trail one day. I had the version before they made some changes, so not sure about the ones from the last year or so.

I haven't heard of a redesign since they acknowledged a flaw in their design. Even if, I have a hard time seeing it worth the risk.

bsimon187

I haven't heard of a redesign since they acknowledged a flaw in their design. Even if, I have a hard time seeing it worth the risk.

Not sure it was a redesign. Just heard they fixed the issues with a stronger metal or something. But then again not everything I read on the interwebs is true. :).
I just know mine bent and I switched it with something stronger and beefier.

CREEPR

That's what I had heard as well was that they changed it up. Only reason I wanted to know. I really like the look but function over form.

Spudcannons

Sorry for being MIA, I had to go wheeling and just got back off the trail.

Again, "quality product" is YOUR OPINION and one that you have yet to back up. To this day, I still don't know where their tie-rod ends are made but I do know their ball joints are made in China so I can only be left to assume that's where all their joints are made. I've yet to see anything of quality come out of China but, that's just me.

LOL!! I just love how butthurt fanboys like you get over me disagreeing with the products you've been sold on by your retailer of choice. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean I'm "hating" on a product and even if I was - what do you really care? It's just my opinion. That being said, I find it funny how all I ever said is that the OP should set his toe and run the FACTORY tie-rod which costs NOTHING AT ALL. You were the one who suggested he buy a cheaper alternative to a Currie tie rod. To that, I am just suggesting that IF you're going to spend ANY money at all, it should be for something that is really worth it. Of course, that's just my opinion and really, what do I know.

I totally disagree. You ASSUME I was interested in an LS1 or an LSX or the like or could have chosen anything different than what I got. I got the motor I wanted and needed based on what Motech said I needed and couldn't have gotten it as a crate motor being that I was trying to do a CA smog legal swap. I did what I "NEEDED" to do. But really, none of this is even remotely an apples to apples comparison. Comparing a NEW TeraFlex 60 to a "used" Dynatrac ProRock 60 is an APPLES TO APPLES comparison. The same could be said about a WARN winch vs. a Smittybilt or Dyantrac ProSteers vs. Chinese made Synergy ball joints. But really, I digress. Clearly, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

I wouldn't disagree with you at all especially being that TeraFlex is made in China. But really, that is just my opinion and based on what I have SEEN. The same can be said about EVERYTHING I recommend including a Currie tie-rod being BETTER than a Synergy. Unlike you, I prefer to recommend what I feel is the BEST product rather than something that is just cheaper. Otherwise, sticking with factory parts is an option that I recommend all the time. But again, that's just me.

Currie joints are made in China. I found this out when I called them and several suspension manufactures looking for johnny joints that happened to be on a container ship stuck off the Pacific coast. Currie and Clayton told me this, Northridge as well. No opinion just fact.

I have seen a synergy tie rod take a hard hit after the driver climbed a ledge with too much gas at the top and hit a rock with the tie rod and it held up with no damage. You also seem to have missed that I have said that the Currie is the best. I have no loyalty to synergy and am in no way "butt hurt" over the product I purchased after seeing it preform and having Northridge 4x4 recommend it as well as local shops. I just find it odd you would give me a hard time over recommending an alternative that was a good choice if the OP did not wish to spend as much.

Why do you seem to dislike the synergy more than the rock krawler, Carolina metal master's or other alternatives mentioned here?

If you're happy with the ls you chose, great. I just have a different preference in Chevy engines and will go a different root.

mackey

What I have learned from talking to so many experienced Jeepers, including Eddie is this: do it right the first time. Chances are your Currie tie rod will last longer. The synergy isn't a bad product, but why not get the best one and be done with it. Again I just did the Rubicon trip and talked to several people who bought the less expensive tie rods and ended up bending them and bought another one. For the same cost, why not get the Currie and be done with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Currie joints are made in China. I found this out when I called them and several suspension manufactures looking for johnny joints that happened to be on a container ship stuck off the Pacific coast. Currie and Clayton told me this, Northridge as well. No opinion just fact.

When I took this photo of the very first Currie tie-rod in California, I was told they made it here in the USA.

main.php

If things have changed since then, it's news to me. That is not to say that other products they make aren't made in China.

I have seen a synergy tie rod take a hard hit after the driver climbed a ledge with too much gas at the top and hit a rock with the tie rod and it held up with no damage.

Let me guess, you saw this at Rauch Creek? :yawn37:
You'll forgive me if I'm not impressed. :rolleyes2:

You also seem to have missed that I have said that the Currie is the best.

And, to that, I find it funny that you wouldn't recommend it the way I ALWAYS SEE YOU recommending something like Dynatrac for being the best instead of G2 or TeraFlex. I just figured it's odd that you would recommend one product for being the best and not another.

I have no loyalty to synergy and am in no way "butt hurt" over the product I purchased after seeing it preform and having Northridge 4x4 recommend it as well as local shops.

Fair enough, apparently you only recommend what you've been sold on by vendors. And really, that's cool. Me, I only recommend what I have found to be the BEST as I hate having to buy something twice and would hate for others to have to do the same. Unlike your vendors that you trust so much, I DON'T MAKE A DIME on anything I recommend but hey, if you trust them - more power to you. After all, who am I but a mall crawler with a forum :yup:

I just find it odd you would give me a hard time over recommending an alternative that was a good choice if the OP did not wish to spend as much.

LOL!! I know you were a bit too butthurt to see the irony but I was just giving you a little shit for always recommending something like Dynatrac for being the best (which it really is) and then recommending something that's just cheaper because a bunch of vendors sold you on the idea that it's what you should buy.

Why do you seem to dislike the synergy more than the rock krawler, Carolina metal master's or other alternatives mentioned here?

Why do you seem to think that I dislike anything just because I choose to recommend what I personally think is the best? Just because you don't like what I have to recommend doesn't mean I "dislike" anything. And really, unless you use the products you choose to buy to measure manhood, who gives a shit what I think or recommend? :naw:

If you're happy with the ls you chose, great. I just have a different preference in Chevy engines and will go a different root.

Ummm, good for you :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard nothing but good things about the currie. Mine is barely tweaked and will keep running it until it needs changed. I like to buy once cry once.

And thanks for rubbing it in about wheeling since I've been working. Lol

And, that's why I had said to just set your toe and call it a day. Honestly, if you don't have to spend ANY money, I would recommend that you don't. IF and when you decide to upgrade to something better, I personally would recommend Currie but honestly, it's your Jeep, your money and you can buy whatever you want. I honestly couldn't care less :yup:

As others have posted up, I'm not really a fan and for the reasons given. But, that's just me.

What I have learned from talking to so many experienced Jeepers, including Eddie is this: do it right the first time. Chances are your Currie tie rod will last longer. The synergy isn't a bad product, but why not get the best one and be done with it. Again I just did the Rubicon trip and talked to several people who bought the less expensive tie rods and ended up bending them and bought another one. For the same cost, why not get the Currie and be done with it.

And really, when someone ask for an opinion, all I can do is give mine. If people don't like it, they don't have to take it. After all, what do I know. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Why do you seem to think that I dislike anything just because I choose to recommend what I personally think is the best? Just because you don't like what I have to recommend doesn't mean I "dislike" anything. And really, unless you use the products you choose to buy to measure manhood, who gives a shit what I think or recommend? :naw:

You need to keep this post in your cut and paste arsenal. Best honest response! 👍👍

Spudcannons

When I took this photo of the very first Currie tie-rod in California, I was told they made it here in the USA.

main.php

If things have changed since then, it's news to me. That is not to say that other products they make aren't made in China.

Let me guess, you saw this at Rauch Creek? :yawn37:
You'll forgive me if I'm not impressed. :rolleyes2:

And, to that, I find it funny that you wouldn't recommend it the way I ALWAYS SEE YOU recommending something like Dynatrac for being the best instead of G2 or TeraFlex. I just figured it's odd that you would recommend one product for being the best and not another.

Fair enough, apparently you only recommend what you've been sold on by vendors. And really, that's cool. Me, I only recommend what I have found to be the BEST as I hate having to buy something twice and would hate for others to have to do the same. Unlike your vendors that you trust so much, I DON'T MAKE A DIME on anything I recommend but hey, if you trust them - more power to you. After all, who am I but a mall crawler with a forum :yup:

LOL!! I know you were a bit too butthurt to see the irony but I was just giving you a little shit for always recommending something like Dynatrac for being the best (which it really is) and then recommending something that's just cheaper because a bunch of vendors sold you on the idea that it's what you should buy.

Ummm, good for you :thinking:

My fault for taking the friendly ribbing wrong way.

I do consider your input to be useful and helpful I just misinterpreted the comment as saying they had a bad product.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My fault for taking the friendly ribbing wrong way.

:cheesy: But WHY would you have taken it the wrong way? I'm always willing to go there with anyone who wants to take it there but really, NO HARM was intended when I made my very first response to you on this thread.

I do consider your input to be useful and helpful I just misinterpreted the comment as saying they had a bad product.

But really, EVEN IF I HAD said they had a "bad product" (which I DID NOT), who the hell cares! It's just MY opinion :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! What's sad is that this response of mine should be a GIVEN!

Hey, don't YELL at me or I'm taking off my Wayalife stickers. 😂😂😂

It is sad actually. Why should you be different than anyone else giving an opinion. I don't mean that in a bad way, but you know what I mean. 👍👍

Top Bottom