Time for my Gladiator to Evolve: My '20 Billet Silver JT Rubicon Build

Exodus 4x4

So far the lift kit parts have been on schedule. UPS has changed the delivery date for my tires 4 times now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Some love UPS, but I have more issues with them than FedEx. Should’ve hit me up on the wheels and tires, I may have been able to get them to you faster and for the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Tires and last box or parts for the Evo suspension got here today. I didn’t waste any time after the kids went down for bed. Started mounting the tires, got two done tonight. Tomorrow I’ll finish mounting the tires, get the spare mounted and balanced (I’m using the stock steel wheel), and hopefully get all the suspension stuff installed.

IMG_4111.jpg

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
That wheel and tire combo looks great! Can’t wait to see it under the Jeep!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Slowly making progress. I got the last two tires mounted. Fought with the bolts. One batch was a weird set of bolts. Probably manufactured by a Bangladeshi kid in a sweat shop. None of my allen sockets would fit the bolts properly. Almost done with the front.

IMG_4112.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Slowly making progress. I got the last two tires mounted. Fought with the bolts. One batch was a weird set of bolts. Probably manufactured by a Bangladeshi kid in a sweat shop. None of my allen sockets would fit the bolts properly. Almost done with the front.

View attachment 339371

How is it working on those tiles? Comfortable?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
How is it working on those tiles? Comfortable?

It’s not bad. They are hard plastic, so it’s like kneeling on concrete. I have a nice snap-on creeper that I’m rolling around on.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Mostly done. Just need to center the steering wheel, check the alignment, and head to Lowe’s to buy some rear sway bar link bolts that weren’t in the hardware bag. I also need to replace the brake lines, the Evo suspension came with new ones. I’m too burnt out to do it this week though. This thing looks killer! I love it!

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
One thing I noticed on a quick test drive: the rear suspension bounce when hitting bumps with the stick suspension is gone with the Evo 2.5” springs. I’m still running the stick Rubicon Fox shocks with shock extenders on this Jeep. So it seems that bounce is due to the stock springs in the Gladiator.

Lookin real good :thumb:

The JT Looks awesome!

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King

Looks fantastic. Nice combo.

One thing I noticed on a quick test drive: the rear suspension bounce when hitting bumps with the stick suspension is gone with the Evo 2.5” springs. I’m still running the stick Rubicon Fox shocks with shock extenders on this Jeep. So it seems that bounce is due to the stock springs in the Gladiator.

Good to hear. I know the exact bounce you're referring to. Even with lower tire pressure it's still there on mine a little. Glad to hear you found what it was.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Looks fantastic. Nice combo.

Good to hear. I know the exact bounce you're referring to. Even with lower tire pressure it's still there on mine a little. Glad to hear you found what it was.

Thanks! The ride quality on this thing is amazing now. I have 26psi in the tires. I’d have to say these are the smoothest coil springs I’ve had in any Jeep. I like the stock Fox Rubicon shocks enough that I wish I could get them in a longer length and eliminate the extension brackets. These shocks pair nice with the Evo springs.

Moriarty

Very nice rig! I had the same bounce feeling in the rear until the rack, awning and RTT was installed. Great to here that the EVO springs fixed the bounce.

Top Bottom