To anyone still trying to decide on getting a Rubicon ...

I still haven't put my Rubicon Express quick discos back on since removing them to go wheeling back on New Years Day. Struggled with getting them on for about ten minutes because of the cold and mud, finally said "Eff it, I'll do it later." Still waiting for later [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've thought about leaving them off every single time after wheeling. And I probably would if I wasn't always driving home 3+ hours on the highway. I just need to find a take off Rubi bar, but they're freaking hard to come by!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have someone to help out, have them stand on your bumper and give your Jeep a bounce while you're reconnecting. Makes the job super easy and will even work on uneven surfaces.

ChiliDawg

If you have someone to help out, have them stand on your bumper and give your Jeep a bounce while you're reconnecting. Makes the job super easy and will even work on uneven surfaces.

Problem with mine Is the damn bushings won't squeeze in easily to let me put the pin in. I feel like the cold weather doesn't help.

Problem with mine Is the damn bushings won't squeeze in easily to let me put the pin in. I feel like the cold weather doesn't help.

Grease and an extra long screwdriver or pry bar are your best friends here. I'm seriously a pro at it now and probably as "quick" as I could possibly be. Also, try to take them off and put them back on in your driveway whenever you get a chance because the more you do, the easier it becomes...almost like you're wearing them in.

WJCO

Meme King
Grease and an extra long screwdriver or pry bar are your best friends here. I'm seriously a pro at it now and probably as "quick" as I could possibly be. Also, try to take them off and put them back on in your driveway whenever you get a chance because the more you do, the easier it becomes...almost like you're wearing them in.

We're still talking about the Jeep, right?

Jeepfan30

Honestly just save up for a rubi takeoff swaybar and add the no-limits.
Removes any of the issues you're currently having, and also removes the electronic issues they are so prone to.

A Rubi take off sway bar and EVO No Limits was one i of my best upgrades. So easy to disconnect, no fumbling around with quick disconnects in the mud with a hammer, or having to worry about uneven ground.

To be fair, you got a "Hard Rock" edition. Had you just gotten a Rubicon, I would still argue that it would be the way to go. In spite of all the upgrades I've done on my 2012, I still run the factory 4:1 transfer case, love the sway bar disco, still run the factory front locker, love my interior better than the old JKU X I used to have and like the fact that I was able to get it with NAV.

Again, I've done it both ways and when it came time to do it again, starting off with a Rubicon was the way to go or at least, for me anyway.

Yeah.... LOL.... I agree I did the Hard Rock but come on you gotta love the hood and that is the one piece that will never be swapped out.... However I could probably have purchased it separately and even with paint been cheaper than the difference in Rubi to Hard Rock... But I am still happy with the hood and I am still very happy with my Jeep.

It is not my first and for that matter I still have my original 94' YJ Sahara that I keep telling myself I will sell but still haven't.

Top Bottom