Towing a trailer....

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I do not undestand why the max load is so little for jeeps in america.

In my manual that come with my 2012 saharah 4 doors( live in sweden so it is a export jeep with the unbeliable ugly front bumper ) the 4 door rubicon has the highest load capability. All 2 doors are only good for 1000 kg exept the rubi with six speed manuel that is alowed to tow 2000 kg. The rubicon automatic with pentastar is allowed to tow 3500 kg and that is about 7700 pounds. with diesel it is only 2500 kg with manuel six speed and ionly 2200 kg with automatic.

Rubi 4 door with six speed manual and pentastar is only allowed to tow 2000 kg instead of 3500 kg. So in this case the automatic can take much more.

the saharh with manuel or automatic and 3,73 is allowed to tow 2000 kg. a saharah and rubicon with pentastar and automatic shhould be the same car in terms of tow capacity but it still differ 1500 kg. that must be because of 3,73 vs 4,10 axle ratio.

anyway the rubi with 4,10 axle ratio and 4 doors with pentastar and automatic can according to the book tow most of them all and that is 3500 kg which is about 7 700 punds. Numbers that seems not to be ok in the states but ok here. I wonder why.

I also wonder why my saharh is only good for 2000 kg ( 4 400 punds ) because the only diggerence is 3,73 vs 4,10. is 4,10 so much stronger?

It is so different due to the way trailer tow ratings are done. In the states SAE test procedure is much more demanding than what it is in Europe. What drives the jk rating down in the states is cooling requirements to pass the Davis Dam portion of the test.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Sorry can't tell you that part. Just knew it existed as I was looking at changing my boat trailer from surge brakes to electric. Decided to leave the surge brakes since I dont really tow it that much

Soupman

Mopar trailer wiring

I just installed the 7-pin wiring on my 2013 JKU Sport. It was a simple plug and play affair. The instructions suck, but it was easy. Works great with my pop up.

Top Bottom