Trail Run In Iceland

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
It really is not that expensive, if you don't buy franchise stuff, like domino's, KFC and etc... Icelandic food is amazing and they have nice cabins to rent that are like 80 Us dollars for the weekend. We traveled all over Iceland in the three years I lived there. The people are awesome.

Brute

Hooked
Gonna be over there mid-June myself with the soon-to-be wife for our honeymoon. I hadn't even thought about renting a 4x4 and doing the glacier :doh:

Still trying to nail down more things to do while we're there and man, does that company look BADASS; little bit out of out my price range though :shock:

Looking forward to any pictures that make it back

I think if you are already spending the money on airfare and hotels, you should consider a day run on the glacier...when in the rest of your life will you have this opportunity?

Brute

Hooked
I was stationed at Keflavik Iceland for 3 Years. Definitely do the Golden Circle tour and the Blue Lagoon. Then hit the ring road and head up to Glacier bay, absolutely amazing. Here are so pictures of us offloading in Iceland and other photos. I can get you in touch with Oskar, he is Icelandik and lives in Keflavik and runs a tourist business. He has the Bronco on 44's.

Thanks for posting the pics...please pm me with his email contact info...I think I may be all set with my trip as far as glacier trip and heading into the uplands for fishing, but good to have a backup plan just in case...also, I may love it so much that I may return just for the fishing...

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
You want to book your fishing trip through the company Moby Dick. They also do a whale watching trip for 25 dollars

Brute

Hooked
Been doing some more research on the fishing and beginning to get totally amped...they catch browns over 10 lbs on a regular basis, and the artic char pretty damn big as well.

Iceland requires any fishing gear that has been used outside of Iceland get disinfected, usually at the airport. I'm going to buy all brand new lures prior to going and all drys, nymphs & streamer in Iceland my first day there (sorry honey, regulations require I buy new lures)...

The company I'm booking through has offered additional trail time up in the mountains...which I most likely will do

MTG

Caught the Bug
Been doing some more research on the fishing and beginning to get totally amped...they catch browns over 10 lbs on a regular basis, and the artic char pretty damn big as well.

Iceland requires any fishing gear that has been used outside of Iceland get disinfected, usually at the airport. I'm going to buy all brand new lures prior to going and all drys, nymphs & streamer in Iceland my first day there (sorry honey, regulations require I buy new lures)...

The company I'm booking through has offered additional trail time up in the mountains...which I most likely will do

Man, missed this earlier. This looks like a fun trip. I quickly looked at that company you posted earlier. Looks like a great time. I too am looking forward to pics and living vicariously through you in June. Iceland is definitely on our bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Man, missed this earlier. This looks like a fun trip. I quickly looked at that company you posted earlier. Looks like a great time. I too am looking forward to pics and living vicariously through you in June. Iceland is definitely on our bucket list.

I'm hoping that if it's as killer as I think it will be, this might be a recurring trip...perhaps a group outing may be in order.

aTX427

Sounds like an awesome trip. Iceland is definitely on my bucket list. If you are interested in checking it out, Top Gear American did an glacier wheeling episode in Iceland. Mildly entertaining, but should get you horned up for wheeling. You can probably find it on YouTube.

Brute

Hooked
I didn't realize you fly-fished. What kind of fish do they have out there?

I've recently taken up fly fishing again after a 42 year hiatus...

Iceland only has 5 species of freshwater fish...Atlantic salmon (which do not die after spawning like Pacific salmon), Artic char, brown trout, an eel and the stickleback (which is a rough forage fish)...I'm primarily targeting browns and artic char, both of which grow to 30" or more....

Top Bottom