Trailless Build Thread

trailless

Caught the Bug
Sweet! Can't wait to see them on your rig! Gunna look awesome! You've brought it along nicely bro!

Those look fantastic!

Thanks, I can't wait to get them on my jeep.

Got a few more parts today.

4.88 gears, ball joints, Evo gate plate. There were too many packing peanuts in the evo package... I didn't want to deal with that right now.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474512270.705965.jpg

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Well I mounted all my tires onto the wheels but I wasn't able to actually get the beads to seat onto the wheels. I don't have an air compressor and I also live in the 12th floor... So it would be a lot of work to bring these tires/wheels downstairs...

So I was able to get the tires to seat on the wheels with a bicycle pump. It worked out and it only took me about 35-50 pumps each on a bicycle pump to get all the tires seated... All I did was set the tire/wheel onto a 5gallon bucket and start pumping, no soap or water.

(BTW, I can't get my phone to upload pictures)

Last edited:

swampdog

Well I mounted all my tires onto the wheels but I wasn't able to actually get the beads to seat onto the wheels. I don't have an air compressor and I also live in the 12th floor... So it would be a lot of work to bring these tires/wheels downstairs...

So I was able to get the tires to seat on the wheels with a bicycle pump. It worked out and it only took me about 35-50 pumps each on a bicycle pump to get all the tires seated... All I did was set the tire/wheel onto a 5gallon bucket and start pumping, no soap or water.

(BTW, I can't get my phone to upload pictures)

Making die with what you've got...I love that mentality. Way to go for figuring this out. Pumped to see them mounted up on the jeep.

Draconianwinter

Your ride is looking great. And like yourself and many others I know the pain of doing these builds slowly. It sucks when you want to have things for your jeep but can't get them as fast as you would like.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
Your ride is looking great. And like yourself and many others I know the pain of doing these builds slowly. It sucks when you want to have things for your jeep but can't get them as fast as you would like.

For sure. The biggest problem for me is I don't have any place to work on my Jeep... My next place WILL have a garage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

For sure. The biggest problem for me is I don't have any place to work on my Jeep... My next place WILL have a garage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Sadly while I have a garage which is where my jeep stays while I am working out here on the road, also have my brothers jku and my sister's Volvo so no where to really do the work myself, what little I can do myself. Am learning that these new vehicles are a little bit out of my knowledge range. Lol. Wish I could have kept my old cj and this one. But only room for one and I have never owned a new vehicle so I sold my old cj and got my 2016 rubi. Don't regret getting it one bit, just wish I could have kept both lol

Top Bottom