Trailless Build Thread

trailless

Caught the Bug
Don't think so. It's seems to be coming from further up.

Last time they changed the rear main seal. I'm hoping they don't try and deny warranty because of the 37s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Last time they changed the rear main seal. I'm hoping they don't try and deny warranty because of the 37s.

Damn, that sucks. RMS is a common leak for sure. I hope your dealership takes care of you like they should.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hot damn! Totally missed that you got 37s and Slabs! Sorry to see that you've got an oil leak, I hope its an easy fix.

jkwebbie

The way my warranty worked is if my mods caused the damage or the quick wearing out of the parts, then it wasn't under warranty. I don't think they could blame an oil leak on bigger tires lol. But I think its just up to the dealership. So if one rejects you, try another and see what they say

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
Damn, that sucks. RMS is a common leak for sure. I hope your dealership takes care of you like they should.

I just got a call from the service adviser. He said that the RMS is leaking BUT that it looks like there's mud under the Jeep. He went on to say that if they find mud to be the reason for the leak, that I'd be responsible for the bill... I told him no. He said he'd talk it over with the manager and give me a call back. :naw:

The way my warranty worked is if my mods caused the damage or the quick wearing out of the parts, then it wasn't under warranty. I don't think they could blame an oil leak on bigger tires lol. But I think its just up to the dealership. So if one rejects you, try another and see what they say

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just got a call back and they didn't seem to care about the tires at all. They seem to care more about some mud under the Jeep...

WJCO

Meme King
I just got a call from the service adviser. He said that the RMS is leaking BUT that it looks like there's mud under the Jeep. He went on to say that if they find mud to be the reason for the leak, that I'd be responsible for the bill... I told him no. He said he'd talk it over with the manager and give me a call back. :naw:

Just got a call back and they didn't seem to care about the tires at all. They seem to care more about some mud under the Jeep...

If they can prove mud got into the bell-housing all the way up to the rear main seal and caused the oil leak (not to mention it's a common failure as is), it better be Johnny Cochran that calls you back and explains it to you.

trailless

Caught the Bug
If they can prove mud got into the bell-housing all the way up to the rear main seal and caused the oil leak (not to mention it's a common failure as is), it better be Johnny Cochran that calls you back and explains it to you.

Well, they're looking into it now. How would mud get into the bell-housing if I haven't been through anything more than a foot deep? Also, does $1,700 to replace a rear main seal sound right to you?

Top Bottom