Trektop NX question

Hack12

Just installed mine the other day in 65 degree weather in about an hour and a half. After extensive reading, I was ready for a nightmare solo install. On the contrary, I didn't even open the instruction manual once. I used this youtube video made by one of the NX designers.
http://youtu.be/SiHjRyVdtqU

Followed step by step, this video guided me through the install with absolutely no hiccups. I could not believe how easy even the rear zippers were to close. Turns out I didn't need to use my OEM tailgate bar and clips either. Bestop apparently listened to all of the previous complaints about their poor tailgate bar/clip design and now send ones that are almost identical to the OEM ones.

I love this top. Sold my hardtop the day after, worked out perfectly. Cheers to Bestop for an awesome top! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365730623.286502.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365730631.482823.jpg
Now if I could only find a place I would like to move my extinguishers to!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365730753.666025.jpg

Hack12

Have you looked at Quick Fist mounts for inside the rear gate. I picked up the $40ish kit and looks to be pretty solid.

Quick Fists

Funny you should mention that, I just ordered a few different Quick Fist mounts last week for my new tailgate panel. Maybe I'll think about going that route, I may have to take some stuff off though.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365731360.132742.jpg
I just hate the thought of not being able to utilize my Poison Spyder extinguisher mounts!

Beyrgut

Well you could relocate the Sharpies and not sure what is next to them to the center console or glovebox to mount the extinguisher. I'm not privvy to how the PS mounts work but is it possible to rotate them 180 to the forward side of the bar? Either way nice tailgate setup you have.

Hack12

Well you could relocate the Sharpies and not sure what is next to them to the center console or glovebox to mount the extinguisher. I'm not privvy to how the PS mounts work but is it possible to rotate them 180 to the forward side of the bar?

Lol, yeah the Sharpies aren't really essential I suppose. I could certainly rig something to make the PS mounts work fine. They are only velcro roll bar mounts, nothing fancy, I just really like them for some reason.

SGTGunner

The sun didnt do enough for me when I first installed mine. I started the Jeep and cranked the heat to full blast with the top as closed up as i could. Took about 10mins and all closed up nicely.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom