Unlimited Sport or Rubicon

jeeeep

Hooked
look for dealer add-ons and ask yourself if you really need them...when I bought mine I had them remove non-essential to me add-ons, swapped out the NAV system (the same Nav system didn't work so well in my GC so I didn't want it) and some other dealer add-ons, negotiated on the new price without the add-ons and saved myself $$$ from the original listed price.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Do you care if the odometer reads 0 or that the drivers seat has never been used before? If not look at used 2013 Rubicons with less than 10k on the clock, they will come in at less than the 2014 Sport with the same spec add-ons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

From what I have seen they dont depreciate nearly that much....

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I got my brand new 2014 Rubicon for about the same price as most 2013 Rubicons I had found and they had 20k miles roughly. Bank wouldn't do as good of a deal on used compared to new when financing also, got 3.75% APR compared to 9 something on used one.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I went from a 09 sport to a 14 Rubicon. Couldn't be happier:D. A budget boost and 35s can make it pretty capable.

2014 JKUR

utiadam

LOSER
I bought my '13 JKUR in April of 2013. It had leather and black hardtop with dealer add ons of tint and auto butler. MSRP was 39k but I used a SAMs club auto program which made it 35k. After tax, title, licensing I was back at 39k. I put 4k down and financed 35k. The dealer wanted to give me 5.99% but I called my bank and got 1.99% a few min later. I chose to do 72 month financing and my payment is 522.

scooter k

Damn! You people actually reply on this forum! That's awesome. I haven't actually gone to the dealer yet but looked a lot online about pricing. They don't show any incentives on anything. Do they try and sell them for sticker price or is there room to negotiate?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Damn! You people actually reply on this forum! That's awesome. I haven't actually gone to the dealer yet but looked a lot online about pricing. They don't show any incentives on anything. Do they try and sell them for sticker price or is there room to negotiate?

Not too many rebates on wranglers. I did get a 500 dollar one in the mail.

utiadam

LOSER

There is room to negotiate just like any other car. Are you a Costco or SAMs club member? They have set pricing which is discounted so there is no hassle.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Personal experience, my second dealership, the one I bought the jeep from was willing to negotiate. A sticker price of 41 I walk out paying 36 no counting tags and taxes. The first dealership refused to budge... deff shop around if you multiple dealers in your area

2014 JKUR

SteelBadger

Shop near the end of the month when they are trying to hit their quotas. They tend to be far more flexible in my experience.

t8er

There's no rebates on wranglers because they sell everyone the make for the most part. A lot of people I have met go with tread lightly for their discount. Depending on the model there is room but dealers may not budge much on certain models like the Rubicon X. I will say from having this same conversation with a friend that after we priced out gear swaps, going to 32" tires, lockers, 4 to 1 transfer case, sway bar disconnects plus swapping to a Dana 44 front that the difference is price is pretty well justified.

jeeeep

Hooked

They always try to sell at sticker price, gives them the biggest commission but there is always room to negotiate, I've bought many jeeps over the years and found a working range $4k-$6k unless they really need to move cars then they'll deal more.

Usually you'll see a base price and total price (all the extras) - I had the dealer remove extras I didn't need nor want, then negotiated on the price after all the non-essentials were removed. I still managed to negotiate a lower than base price. The longer the car sits on the lot the more they are willing to deal.

Since Jeeps are popular now, they may hold hard on price if it's a new arrival. Just don't show too much excitement or they'll hammer you hard on creative financing that'll bite you in the ass if not careful - in other words, don't be in a hurry to buy if you have that option.

TheStick

My 2 pennies.

I ordered my Jeep and did all the negations through email. IMHO, this is the only way to fly these days. It slows it down, you are able to easily state facts, and there is none of that salesmany bull s.

I was able to get roughly 2% under invoice. Definitely have them give you the sheet which shows invoice, FF discount etc. Those should be your negotiation numbers, not sticker.

Treat it like a business transaction and you'll do well.

My JKUR cost just over $35k, with nav, hardtop and auto with 4.10s.

scooter k

My 2 pennies.

I ordered my Jeep and did all the negations through email. IMHO, this is the only way to fly these days. It slows it down, you are able to easily state facts, and there is none of that salesmany bull s.

I was able to get roughly 2% under invoice. Definitely have them give you the sheet which shows invoice, FF discount etc. Those should be your negotiation numbers, not sticker.

Treat it like a business transaction and you'll do well.

My JKUR cost just over $35k, with nav, hardtop and auto with 4.10s.

I'm emailing with them right now...We will see how this goes today!

scooter k

MSRP on one that I like is 46255. They will sell it for 43313 plus an additional 1000 dollars because my wife has a lease vehicle. So 42313 is the selling price. You think they can do better? That's almost 4000 off.

spinuck

MSRP on one that I like is 46255. They will sell it for 43313 plus an additional 1000 dollars because my wife has a lease vehicle. So 42313 is the selling price. You think they can do better? That's almost 4000 off.

Seems rather high. My JKUR is almost 2 years old, so maybe they're charging more now. Did you try to go to cars.com and build the same JK you're looking at and see what the invoice price is?

Top Bottom