Unlimited Sport or Rubicon

bkac

Caught the Bug
We walked out last week with a new 2014 jkur loaded out the door for $36000 even even got lifetime oil changes and 1.75% for 72 months. msrp $43500. No state tax in Oregon. I was extremely happy. It took some haggling between a few dealers. Actually left and they called into the way home. Hard work pays off. $7500 off :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

2me's JK

I had to make the same decision.
I ended up getting a sport.
If I had gotten a Rubi, I knew I was still going to want better suspension and still replacing a lot of parts.
So I'm using the "extra" money that would have gone into the Rubi and upgrading my wheels, tires and suspension.
I know most of the take off parts from the Sport don't have much value compared to the Rubi's parts.
Either way you will enjoy your Jeep, I just wish I had bought one decades ago...

JT

scooter k

How can the one I looked at be loaded for 46K and then someone else posted theirs too is loaded and 3000 dollar lower priced MSRP?

spinuck

dealer mark up. Check out cars.com or something and research the invoice price. that'll give you an idea of how low you might be able to get them to go. mine was about 35K with many options (no dual tops or painted top/fenders).

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Also if you can somehow get the friends and family discount. I got a discount with my employer. But on the paper work it shows as f&f discount. We ordered our 14 rubicon x and got it for 39k.

I got mine which was fully loaded with everything for 38k otd. Sticker was 42k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

scooter k

The one they have is in transit. I can look at the invoice online and it's 46K. So that's not the MSRP right from Jeep? Every dealer around that I've looked at is 45-46. If the MSRP is less I'd think it doesn't have the same options.

spinuck

I'm assuming you're looking at the "window sticker". That is the MSRP. According to cars.com the invoice price of that would be $43k. So the price you were quoted isn't too bad. I've seen some people post they were able to get below invoice price, which it sounds like you are. If you can get anymore off that price, it's icing on the cake. Personally, I'd probably go with a few less options like the painted fenders and hard top. Good luck and post up pics of whatever you do get.

scooter k

I'm assuming you're looking at the "window sticker". That is the MSRP. According to cars.com the invoice price of that would be $43k. So the price you were quoted isn't too bad. I've seen some people post they were able to get below invoice price, which it sounds like you are. If you can get anymore off that price, it's icing on the cake. Personally, I'd probably go with a few less options like the painted fenders and hard top. Good luck and post up pics of whatever you do get.

What should I pay for it? I can try and make an offer if I have an idea of what I should be paying.

spinuck

try to get em down to 40k, who knows maybe they'll take another thousand off, based on the invoice price, I think that'd be a good deal.

bkac

Caught the Bug
When i say loaded not ads loaded ads the one you are looking at but not stripped. I'm just saying you should be able to get it near or right under $40k if they want you sell it. Mine is a 14 JKRU 4.10, hardtop black, black fenders, 730n radio, remote start, leather, tow, heated seats, Auto, auto temp ac, copperhead color. That's what i mean when i say loaded.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a sport and wish I started with a rubicon. It would have been cheaper and easier to go bigger from the beginning.

jesse3638

Hooked
I used the tread lightly discount and it got me 1% below invoice. All I wanted was the connectivity group and tow package with power windows and mirrors. Love my JKUR and wouldn't have gone any other way. I did get roped into getting the lifetime warranty so we'll see if they honor it in 12 years if my engine lets go...haha

bkac

Caught the Bug
You can do much better than 1% below. 10% off msrp is a great place to start negotiating. Just find a dealer that wants to sell. Find another and work against each other. They can trade between dealers to get you the jeep you want. Near the end of the month is a great time to buy.

mtnjp

Go Rubicon. I looked last December and got my 2014 JKUR hardtop, auto, nav. for for 33k flat before tax and license. I was looking at Sports for around 35k so glad I waited.

Attachments

• IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 176

Rideski

Shop near the end of the month when they are trying to hit their quotas. They tend to be far more flexible in my experience.

This! I managed to get my 2013 JKU Sahara for 32 when the sticker price was 42k. It was the end of the month and they wanted to hit their sales target to get a Chrysler bonus. Worked out well for me.

xkid

Go Rubicon. I looked last December and got my 2014 JKUR hardtop, auto, nav. for for 33k flat before tax and license. I was looking at Sports for around 35k so glad I waited.

Did the same. Was 45. Got it for 37.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom