unofficial Hidden Falls run Sept 30-Oct 2

Jackal01

My parents are driving in to visit for my Birthday this weekend... So I'll have to bow out for this one otherwise I would be all over it! :sigh:

My neck of the woods but I have my boys birthday party on Saturday. There are some trails off the service roads.

We are playing with Sunday as well. If yall wanna do that instead. Not dead set on a day or time since it is so close to us...and even closer for Tom! :rock:

PROJKUR

What remains to be completed? New brake lines...

And driveshaft. Just a matter of if the new crawler conceptz hinge mounts fit this time. They are supposed to be here tomorrow so I can check.

Is an in-lbs torque wrench really needed for the brake line install?

Jackal01

And driveshaft. Just a matter of if the new crawler conceptz hinge mounts fit this time. They are supposed to be here tomorrow so I can check.

Easy enough to get done. I haven't done DS but it seems simple and quick enough.

Not to say it is fine to not use a torque wrench for brake lines but I didn't use one and I haven't had problems.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Easy enough to get done. I haven't done DS but it seems simple and quick enough.

Not to say it is fine to not use a torque wrench for brake lines but I didn't use one and I haven't had problems.

Use a torque wrench. :doh: 23 ft-lbs. No you do not need in-lbs wrench, use a standard ft-lbs torque wrench... You too Charlie!

Out of ALL the times Ive seen it happy, it even made A JKX Video!

Last edited:

Kyle7R

I actually just watched a video on YouTube of a guy changing the driveshafts on a JK, it didn't seem too overly complicated but they did suggest a few specialty tools to make it go smoothly. I will see if I can dig up the video and shoot it over to you.

tdougherty81

I actually just watched a video on YouTube of a guy changing the driveshafts on a JK, it didn't seem too overly complicated but they did suggest a few specialty tools to make it go smoothly. I will see if I can dig up the video and shoot it over to you.

Drive shafts were easy, except for the this piece that was stuck in the yoke flange. Took a bit to break it free.

Attachments

• 1470769927236.jpg
    1470769927236.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 53

PROJKUR

Use a torque wrench. :doh: 23 ft-lbs. No you do not need in-lbs wrench, use a standard ft-lbs torque wrench... You too Charlie!

Easy enough! I am going to see if I can get it all buttoned up by the weekend!

Jackal01

I have watched that video 50+ plus times. I know it is the "right way" to do it but I like to gamble...at times. I'll get a set of torque wrenches soon enough.

Angry Aussie

Count me in for both trips! Even though Texas Nick is now on 35s I still should be there to tow him out of all the hairy situations he puts himself in!

Top Bottom