Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

Kumar

Are we meeting in town for dinner fri night and again for breakfast sun morn? Or do i need to grab breakfast food as well? Trying to figure out what all i need to pack as far as food

I'm not sure what time everyone is planning on leaving, but right now I'm planning breakfast at HF and a little Sunday morning wheeling. Then maybe lunch in town before heading home.

Jackal01

Are we meeting in town for dinner fri night and again for breakfast sun morn? Or do i need to grab breakfast food as well? Trying to figure out what all i need to pack as far as food

Not sure if the first post answers your question:
"Between 4PM-5PM, We will be meeting at the Marble Falls Walmart supercenter parking lot...At about 5pm we will be departing Walmart heading over to "Holy Smokes! BBQ" for our welcome dinner...

At about 6PM-6:30PM, We will then convoy to Hidden falls where everyone can pay park entrance fees and we can set up camp..."

I am planning on Sat breakfast for the park, backpacking food. We normally eat backpacking food when we camp even when we don't backpack because it is simple and mess-free. But lunch I think we are bringing sandwich stuff and dinner silver turtles. Tom is bringing his grill. I am bringing charcoal. Sun breakfast backpacking food. I wanna say we are gonna be out of the park before noon. We plan on going to the capitol Sunday before we head back to Houston.

Last edited:

jpat30

My son and I will be staying Saturday night as well and then probably shoot over to Enchanted Rock for the day and then on to the house.

daverawr

Just a heads up guys, there will be a cold front moving in this weekend. with friday and saturday having highs of 90 and the lows of high 50's on friday and 61 on saturday for those staying saturday night. So i advise for those tent camping to pack accordingly. Atleast a jacket of some sort etc. Especially if we will decide to run the trails for a little friday night. Just a heads up for those who are not aware of this!

Last edited:

BobbyGTX

Just a heads up guys, there will be a cold front moving in this weekend. with friday and saturday having highs of 90 and the lows of high 58 on friday and 61 on saturday for those staying saturday night. So i advise for those tent camping to pack accordingly. Atleast a jacket of some sort etc. Especially if we will decide to run the trails for a little friday night. Just a heads up for those who are not aware of this!

Thanks for the heads up!

daverawr

Lol thanks Brad! I mean, leaving them in jeep or what?

Edit: fair warning: my dog will bark and make a scene on leash. She's very friendly, but VERY protective ON leash

Same with my Lab. But I don't trust him off the leash. He likes to run off on his own. So we're only brining the boxer and possibly the puppy now that there is a cold front. But I will tie them up to the shackle on the jeep or have them next to me. They both listen pretty good.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Same with my Lab. But I don't trust him off the leash. He likes to run off on his own. So we're only brining the boxer and possibly the puppy now that there is a cold front. But I will tie them up to the shackle on the jeep or have them next to me. They both listen pretty good.

I USUALLY let her off the leash, she is just SO much easier to handle without it. She's 7 years old now, so I don't think she will EVER calm down on a lead... lol she sticks by my side like glue (GSD'S are notoriously loyal, and she is no exception)

daverawr

I USUALLY let her off the leash, she is just SO much easier to handle without it. She's 7 years old now, so I don't think she will EVER calm down on a lead... lol she sticks by my side like glue (GSD'S are notoriously loyal, and she is no exception)

Well our boxer is extremely loyal. Listens to everything. But lazy [emoji23] so he's usually always off the leash. The puppy malamute how ever is on leash quite a bit at home when walking etc just to get him used to walking on a leash but off leash he's pretty good. But be warned he loves to play with other dogs[emoji23] like LOVES lol. But it will be nice to get him around others so they put him in check if anything cause the lab kinda lets him walk over him so he needs to learn to chill out sometimes

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Well our boxer is extremely loyal. Listens to everything. But lazy [emoji23] so he's usually always off the leash. The puppy malamute how ever is on leash quite a bit at home when walking etc just to get him used to walking on a leash but off leash he's pretty good. But be warned he loves to play with other dogs[emoji23] like LOVES lol. But it will be nice to get him around others so they put him in check if anything cause the lab kinda lets him walk over him so he needs to learn to chill out sometimes

Lol, good. They should be good friends then. :yep:

iRonin

Sup folks; sorry to have disappeared there for a while but work got stupid busy and I've been up at the shop lots lately :) Here is my current plan seeing as how I took Friday off
and live 45 min from the park:

Fri morning I'll be packing up and heading to the park to do another pre-run just to confirm the route one last time and check conditions.

Will also try to loiter around on our designated channel and babble incoherently on it every so often to discourage others from taking it.

Then I plan on leaving to meet up with y'all in Marble Falls for the welcoming dinner and then tag along to whatever camp area y'all decide to pitch at. I will not have my wife with me so flying solo (and a smaller footprint since I can rock the little tent).

One thing I was thinking about was maybe having some pre-workshops that night once we're in camp if any folks want to learn specifics about their jeep or have questions/topics they want to see covered in a bit more detail. That way the morning drivers' meeting will just focus on reiterating the basics and we can get a move on. Sound cool?

On the learning front- if there are any particular topics you would want to see covered but don't feel comfortable pitching them while we're there; shoot me a PM with them and I will make a note to cover it. No such thing as a silly question!

Anyhow; looking forward to seeing/meeting y'all and huge thanks for usmc for holding it down :)

Exodus 4x4

Sup folks; sorry to have disappeared there for a while but work got stupid busy and I've been up at the shop lots lately :) Here is my current plan seeing as how I took Friday off

Fri morning I'll be packing up and heading to the park to do another pre-run just to confirm the route one last time and check conditions.

Will also try to loiter around on our designated channel and babble incoherently on it every so often to discourage others from taking it.

Then I plan on leaving to meet up with y'all in Marble Falls for the welcoming dinner and then tag along to whatever camp area y'all decide to pitch at. I will not have my wife with me so flying solo (and a smaller footprint since I can rock the little tent).

One thing I was thinking about was maybe having some pre-workshops that night once we're in camp if any folks want to learn specifics about their jeep or have questions/topics they want to see covered in a bit more detail. That way the morning drivers' meeting will just focus on reiterating the basics and we can get a move on. Sound cool?

On the learning front- if there are any particular topics you would want to see covered but don't feel comfortable pitching them while we're there; shoot me a PM with them and I will make a note to cover it. No such thing as a silly question!

Anyhow; looking forward to seeing/meeting y'all and huge thanks for usmc for holding it down :)

Sounds great! I should be there around noon as well, so maybe I'll babble incoherently with you.

drafh

Sounds good. I'm so excited about this trip.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

fcjsakdndnfjn adksjfal jfakdjafopf mnkfaoefam

Seriously, had a good laugh when I read this. :thumb:

Top Bottom