Upgrade Brake Kits? Leaning toward ProGrip....Suggestions?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Has anyone run AEV Saltas with the Pro Grips? I was hoping the template would be a final check before install instead of making this project a two off days affair. The bs is .6” over their posted maximum and the guy I spoke to at Dynatrac thought it would be no problem but naturally recommend the template. Excellent service there btw. I called at 8am on my commute to work and the guy who answered the phone had answers to all my questions without having to “check”. Definitely not a call center.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ran them with my AEV pintlers. They were tight, but the fit. The Salta should be the same inner diameter. Make sure that your balancing weights don’t line up with the calipers or the will hit. It’s that tight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kimochou

I ran them with my AEV pintlers. They were tight, but the fit. The Salta should be the same inner diameter. Make sure that your balancing weights don’t line up with the calipers or the will hit. It’s that tight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you sir. Just what I was hoping to hear. The two wheels have the same specs so I’m going in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skitime

I have been running Teraflex Big Brake Kit on the front and Rear big rotor kit on my 2015 JKU Hard Rock for a year now. I am running 35/12.5/17 tires. I did not change the master cylinder. Braking is awesome and balanced with no dipping. Install was very easy. What I have read on this tread is complaints about bleeding the new front rotors. That for me was the easiest part of the install. I simply used gravity bleeding. Open the top bleeder and wait for all the bubbles to exit while filling the master cylinder as needed. Shut bleeder. Repeat the other side. I never touched the brake pedal during the process. Brake pedal is rock solid.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 167

RazerX

wWVdCMw.jpg

XzJ30wT.jpg

maskale

I have the Terraflex front with calipers and the larger rear rotors. Also added the bigger Mopar booster and MC. I went from stock to 37s and the BBK at the same time. Even with the bigger tires the braking was better then stock. Im sure others will provide similar results, piont being it is certainly worth doing.

Top Bottom