Using off road light for evil

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Who cares about anything other then a JK/TJ. That's what everyone who commented has so nothing else matters. You CANNOT, ill say it again in case I'm not clear, CANNOT shift into reverse while going forward. Your jeep's reverse lights WILL NOT, again ill say it twice, WILL NOT turn on unless you are fully in reverse.

Atch

Who cares about anything other then a JK/TJ. That's what everyone who commented has so nothing else matters. You CANNOT, ill say it again in case I'm not clear, CANNOT shift into reverse while going forward. Your jeep's reverse lights WILL NOT, again ill say it twice, WILL NOT turn on unless you are fully in reverse.

So you're saying you CAN shift into reverse while going forward, correct? 😎

David1tontj

Let's just all install auxiliary switches for our reverse lights and get even with the tailgaters! 'Nuff said

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

MTG

Caught the Bug
Can I shift into 1st while going in reverse? And if so will my blinkers turn on?

JAGS

Hooked
Can I shift into 1st while going in reverse? And if so will my blinkers turn on?

Only if you push AABB Up Down Down Up while holding the restart button.

As for the blinker...Yes. So long as your blinker fluid reservoir in not below 22.275%. Ask me how I know. 😉

- Jason

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
never had to do this yet, but I'm sure time will tell. I do get a lot of people tailgating me tho even in the "slow" lane so I think Im going to add some bright reverse lights in soon. I miss that my one audi used to have dual rear fogs that got peoples attention very fast since they thought I was slamming on the brakes.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
never had to do this yet, but I'm sure time will tell. I do get a lot of people tailgating me tho even in the "slow" lane so I think Im going to add some bright reverse lights in soon. I miss that my one audi used to have dual rear fogs that got peoples attention very fast since they thought I was slamming on the brakes.

Lol! Now that's an idea. Might have to install some red one's.

Shad0w

Used Mine

Can't really call it evil, but I've used my Windshield Long Range KCs on people that had their highs coming at me. Never fails.

Cajun JK

I noticed around here more and more idiots are driving with high beams on. It's getting to be a real pain

StrizzyChris

1. If its a Prius or some other version of a fuel saver they are probably some "Protect the environment" nut mentioned earlier in this thread. By "tailgating", as you call it, they are trying to get as close to you so they can utilize your slip stream to even further their fuel mileage, thus lessening their carbon foot print.

My problem is less with their tailgating (because they are a gnat compared to my bumper/tires), but rather their claim for fuel savings bt hitting 60mph in 5.2sec only to slam on their very thick carbon producing brakes to hit the next red light that we can clearly see from the red light we are currently departing from. All the while gaining 38mpg in their 48mpg capable car :doh::sigh:

2. If its a non-fuel saver they are protecting their space. You know how many vehicles can squeeze into the space created by the standard 4 second following distance. Those extra vehicles means its going to take 3.78 seconds longer to get to their destination.

NO ONE in the bay will allow you to merge. I love the gas peddle reaction and cramming up behind the next car to reject any possible mergers. :mad:

3. If you feel you are getting tailgated look out your windshield. If you are in the "Fast lane" but not traveling "fast" they are simply reminding you of your mistake. So kindly get out of their way because in CA you are entitled to go as fast as I want regardless of the posted speed limit. Plus its safe to assume several vehicles got into their space therefore are trying to make up that 3.78 seconds I mentioned earlier.

This also amuses me...the thought of the right lane being "the fast lane". Go to Europe and learn how to drive people! The right lane is the PASSING lane. No one....NO ONE should just be in that lane no matt4er how damn fast your driving. If ya aint passing, get over! While we are at it how about the right lane...If ya aint exiting or merging, ya shouldn't be there either! But I agree, that if someone is camped out in the Left lane, thats the only time I will tailgate some idiot.

4. Finally if the said tailgater doesn't fall into one of the previous categories he/she is just a plain A**hole! This is where the large horizontal rectangular pedal next to the vertical skinny pedal, or in the case of a manual trans the middle pedal comes into play if you do not have aux reverse lights. Simply step on this as hard as you can while looking into your rear view mirror. Duration depends on the result you are looking for. *Warning!* Depressing the pedal too long my result in damage to your vehicle, unless you have an after market bumper them it may be simply cosmetic.

Now we're talkin! I don't slam on my 14mpg JK gas peddle, but I sure do get redneck on that brake peddle when I have some jerk in a BMW on my ass in the #2 lane of a 5 lane highway. :asshat:

PS I like your list Jesse :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked
My problem is less with their tailgating (because they are a gnat compared to my bumper/tires), but rather their claim for fuel savings bt hitting 60mph in 5.2sec only to slam on their very thick carbon producing brakes to hit the next red light that we can clearly see from the red light we are currently departing from. All the while gaining 38mpg in their 48mpg capable car :doh::sigh:

NO ONE in the bay will allow you to merge. I love the gas peddle reaction and cramming up behind the next car to reject any possible mergers. :mad:

Yes I've had the pleasure of driving in the Bay area several times and learned quickly that if you need to merge or change lanes you just do it. Otherwise they aren't going to let you. A bit of information I learned in Boston this year is that drivers don't typically signal when making lane changes or merging. This is because it provides a warning of their intent and gives other drivers the opportunity to prevent said lane change or merge. I bet this bit of driving technique would work well in the Bay area...haha

This also amuses me...the thought of the right lane being "the fast lane". Go to Europe and learn how to drive people! The right lane is the PASSING lane. No one....NO ONE should just be in that lane no matt4er how damn fast your driving. If ya aint passing, get over! While we are at it how about the right lane...If ya aint exiting or merging, ya shouldn't be there either! But I agree, that if someone is camped out in the Left lane, thats the only time I will tailgate some idiot.

I totally agree once you get into Nor-Cal and out of state this rule is pretty much in affect. My mother and sister in law were driving to TX and got pulled over in NM for simply just driving in that lane. Maybe the CHP should start pulling people and writing tickets for this infraction. Wait a minute......I think I just solved CA's budget problems...haha

Now we're talkin! I don't slam on my 14mpg JK gas peddle, but I sure do get redneck on that brake peddle when I have some jerk in a BMW on my ass in the #2 lane of a 5 lane highway. :asshat:

I wish my Jeep had the feature my fire engine does. I can prime the fire pump from inside the cab and when doing so it dumps a lot of water on the ground under the engine. When I have a tailgater behind the engine simply press this button and its like a James Bond smoke screen at 55mph going down the road. This puts the windshield washer sprayers to shame. They usually quickly back off...haha

PS I like your list Jesse :yup:

In addition to the information and insight my list was intending to provide, I hope you found some entertainment in it as well....;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom