Value on a 2015 jeep rubicon hardrock with dtd, axles, ect

I dont understand how you sink a shit load of time and money just to say ehhh, i dont think i want it...

jeeper52

LOSER
Money > brains

Im not going to get in a pissing match with everyone. Infact i dont have anything to prove to anyone. Money doesn't grow on trees for me and i dont have more money than sense. Things chance, circumstances change. If it happens that i keep mine i will be extremely blessed and happy that im able to do so because i built in mind if keeping it for a long time. If it happens that i am able to sell it and recuperate my cost than thats great too. Thanks for the feed back i think were done here.

jeeper52

LOSER
Confused now.

I dont remember who made the statement but someone said something along the lines of being able to build my jeep the same way for the same cost. The reason my cost is where it is is because ive done all the work. And if someone buys a jeep and elects to have the work done for them they will have the same cost i do plus laybor.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I dont remember who made the statement but someone said something along the lines of being able to build my jeep the same way for the same cost. The reason my cost is where it is is because ive done all the work. And if someone buts a jeep and elects to have the work done for them they will have the same cost i do plus laybor.

Yes but you can't factor in a cost you didn't pay for or a cost they may not need to pay for. Labor has no factor in the selling price of a vehicle.

jeeper52

LOSER
Yes but you can't factor in a cost you didn't pay for or a cost they may not need to pay for. Labor has no factor in the selling price of a vehicle.

Your right. However if i would have found a jeep with everything i wanted and it was cheaper to buy it done rather than to pay to have a stock one built the same way for more i would choose the one that is already done if i saved money. Plus you have no wait time and you can hit the trails now.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
You sound like a customer we had at our shop recently...spent $4k putting a reman engine in his 1997 V6 mustang (car is clean, but still a V6 mustang). Now it's on Craigslist for $6k. "But it's got a new motor" is what he's telling everyone. In the buyers eyes, it a 1997 V6 mustang. My point is that people are only gonna offer you what 2015 Rockhard JKU is worth, maybe a little more for some of the mods you have done, nothing more. GLWS, but my guess is you came here for guidance to help your decision. IMO, keep it for a year or two, enjoy it, and sell it for what it's worth at that time. At least list it at a premium and keep lowering your price until you get some bites on it.

Your right. However if i would have found a jeep with everything i wanted and it was cheaper to buy it done rather than to pay to have a stock one built the same way for more i would choose the one that is already done if i saved money. Plus you have no wait time and you can hit the trails now.

What are you going to do different on the next build?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If I bought another Jeep knowing what I know now, I'd buy a used one with low miles and tasteful mods already done because it'd be as capable or more capable than mine for a fraction of what I have in mine.

jeeper52

LOSER
You sound like a customer we had at our shop recently...spent $4k putting a reman engine in his 1997 V6 mustang (car is clean, but still a V6 mustang). Now it's on Craigslist for $6k. "But it's got a new motor" is what he's telling everyone. In the buyers eyes, it a 1997 V6 mustang. My point is that people are only gonna offer you what 2015 Rockhard JKU is worth, maybe a little more for some of the mods you have done, nothing more. GLWS, but my guess is you came here for guidance to help your decision. IMO, keep it for a year or two, enjoy it, and sell it for what it's worth at that time. At least list it at a premium and keep lowering your price until you get some bites on it.

I think to the average guy you are correct. But the average guy isn't probably looking to spend 80k on a jeep rather it be its already built or looking to build it. This jeep would only appeal to a guy that has a ton of money and has no idea what it has aka a starwood customer or its the guy thats like some of us that know what they want, and they know what it cost to get it there. Its going to take someone wanting new everything with top of the line parts. Maybe a dime a dozen maybe a needle in the hay stack. I know there are jeeps selling out there for the same amount of money with much cheaper parts.

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
My advice... Keep it, wheel it, enjoy the hell out of it. If you're hell bent on selling it, prepare yourself to lose your ass on it. Food for thought...If I didn't just buy a new 2015, I'd offer you 55K for it. :yup:

Top Bottom