Value on a 2015 jeep rubicon hardrock with dtd, axles, ect

jeeper52

LOSER
Stay positive and cross your fingers for the right buyer. When I sold my 2012 JKUR, I had a total of $50k (jeep + extras) into it. I listed it for $55 thinking no way and a nice old man bought it for $48k. I was very happy.

Nice im glad to hear that worked out for you. Im not definitely selling my jeep. Like i said earlier i will be happy either way. It would be fun though to build jeeps for a hobby and be able to sell them to make a little profit.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nice im glad to hear that worked out for you. Im not definitely selling my jeep. Like i said earlier i will be happy either way. It would be fun though to build jeeps for a hobby and be able to sell them to make a little profit.

Don't you think if that were possible everyone on here would do it?

jeeper52

LOSER
Don't you think if that were possible everyone on here would do it?

No i dont. You have to be setup halfway decent to be able to do all the work. I will say this, i will probably never install a dtd again unless i have a shop with a lift. It worked ok the way i did it and i saved a lot of money but it wasn't easy. Not only thay but this is my busy season and i picked the wrong time to start this project.

Tree Frog

So I have read all 7 pages of this thread so far and I cant help but asking, why?

I have followed your thread on the build and as I am doing a Double D Pro myself right now in my garage with no lift I know just about what you are going through.
(I think the DTD looks a lot harder with more brackets and not as much stuff to index from)
I don't have the headroom you got and my Jeep is right up against the ceiling with 30inch jack stand's under it.
The big bitch is getting up and down all the time. laying on your back and welding brackets on kinda sucks too.

Working on the property I live at is nice as I get an hour or so in the morning before work, about 45 minutes at lunch and a few hours every evening to work on it.
It had still taken me about two months now. I am picky and rush all dang day long at work so I am trying to take it slow and do everything right.
I am sure I read someplace how you only had Saturdays to work on it. So you must have worked your ass off or got some help because you made real good time on the install.

I agree with you that I would love to build real Jeeps for a living. Plenty of experience as a mechanic, many years as a welder/ fabricator.

So why? Why sell your baby now.

I know if you really wanted to disclose the answer you would have a long time ago.

My best guess is that you saw that dang Viper commercial huh?

Good luck to you what ever way its goes down.

JAGS

Hooked
No i dont. You have to be setup halfway decent to be able to do all the work. I will say this, i will probably never install a dtd again unless i have a shop with a lift. It worked ok the way i did it and i saved a lot of money but it wasn't easy. Not only thay but this is my busy season and i picked the wrong time to start this project.

No offense, but is exactly why I wouldn't buy something like this...hypothetical or not. To spend 80k on an install that "worked ok and saved you a lot of money" is not worth it to me.

Also, someone spending 48k versus the 80k you are seeking is vastly different.

Anyways, we've belabored the points to death. Still not understanding why you'd want to sell, but I guess good luck to ya if you do.

Top Bottom