Value on a 2015 jeep rubicon hardrock with dtd, axles, ect

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I think to the average guy you are correct. But the average guy isn't probably looking to spend 80k on a jeep rather it be its already built or looking to build it. This jeep would only appeal to a guy that has a ton of money and has no idea what it has aka a starwood customer or its the guy thats like some of us that know what they want, and they know what it cost to get it there. Its going to take someone wanting new everything with top of the line parts. Maybe a dime a dozen maybe a needle in the hay stack. I know there are jeeps selling out there for the same amount of money with much cheaper parts.

If I had $80k, I'd buy some acreage somewhere in the sticks, hunt and fish on it for 10 years, then sell it for $100k. Jeeps hold their value, but they're not an investment. Wish you luck, but let us know when you find a sucker to buy it for $80k, or even $70k

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
My advice... Keep it, wheel it, enjoy the hell out of it. If you're hell bent on selling it, prepare yourself to lose your ass on it. Food for thought...If I didn't just buy a new 2015, I'd offer you 55K for it. :yup:

Tony swore! You know shit is serious !

JeepFan

Hooked
Tony swore! You know shit is serious !

:cheesy::cheesy: That ain't no bull. I'd be all over this if I didn't just buy the 2015. Last I heard you need a new Jeep so you can go wheeling with good friends again. WTF you thinking selling your JK. Ok, maybe I've had a few drinks. :beer:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
:cheesy::cheesy: That ain't no bull. I'd be all over this if I didn't just buy the 2015. Last I heard you need a new Jeep so you can go wheeling with good friends again. WTF you thinking selling your JK. Ok, maybe I've had a few drinks. :beer:

I don't know either! But it's gone! Just waiting the for right one to come up for sale 😉

Armydog

It has been my experience that adding aftermarket parts or modifying a vehicle usually depreciates it's value not increase it. The only time this doesn't hold true is when you find that needle-in-a-haystack of a buyer.

GLWTS

^^^^^this. Sad but true!

Brent McCartney

There's a 2014 jk8 conversion here locally, evo this evo that new diesel motor setting on 40's, sweet looking ride, says has over 120k into it trying to get 49k last time I saw the listing.

mackey

Stay positive and cross your fingers for the right buyer. When I sold my 2012 JKUR, I had a total of $50k (jeep + extras) into it. I listed it for $55 thinking no way and a nice old man bought it for $48k. I was very happy.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
There's a 2014 jk8 conversion here locally, evo this evo that new diesel motor setting on 40's, sweet looking ride, says has over 120k into it trying to get 49k last time I saw the listing.

Most jk8's are at 40k plus. But the ones I see have been for sale for a long time.

Diesel in Cal .. Nope!

Top Bottom