VIDEO : GETTIN READY for the NITTO JKX - Part 2

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Found this on YouTube this morning. I’m always over at JlWrangler but wanted to drop in here and comment. Moby is getting some love again.

I have the 9.5xp, but I love how nice looking the Zeon 10s is that I put on my sisters JK. I want to upgrade to synthetic on mine. The new contol box looks nicer (when the label is on straight). I would love to switch that to a contactor style.

What’s the inside of the Jeep looking like? Curious just how much stuff is necessary to bring on a trip like this and how you keep it locked down when wheeling

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What’s the inside of the Jeep looking like? Curious just how much stuff is necessary to bring on a trip like this and how you keep it locked down when wheeling

He has posted pictures before trips a lot in the past. It usually is the same for all the trips he goes on I’m pretty sure. Some things change like welder or no welder but basically it’s the same.

At least from what I’ve seen during all the times we’ve worked on jeeps on the trails. It’ll probably be a while before he can respond.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He has posted pictures before trips a lot in the past. It usually is the same for all the trips he goes on I’m pretty sure. Some things change like welder or no welder but basically it’s the same.

At least from what I’ve seen during all the times we’ve worked on jeeps on the trails. It’ll probably be a while before he can respond.

Yup - this ^^^^^

I’ll see if I can’t get a pic up soon

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like I know the type of tools and things that are carried. I’m more curious how it’s packed in there and kept from making its way up to the passengers when hitting bumps or going down steep inclines and whatever else gets thrown at ya.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do those decks have to be run with a rear seat? I took my seats out of porky and am not in a hurry to put them back in. Looking at decks among 500 other things but can't really tell.

No there is a backing plate for the deck. Nothing mounts to the seat.

The ARB drawer is super nice but it’s $1,000. If you don’t plan to put the seats in I would build something custom to make it all flat.

Ddays

Hooked
No there is a backing plate for the deck. Nothing mounts to the seat.

The ARB drawer is super nice but it’s $1,000. If you don’t plan to put the seats in I would build something custom to make it all flat.

Thanks.
Yeah, for sure making the foot wells level with the deck is in the works. Nothing fits in there correctly. Some of those "Overlanding" solutions for floors are pretty damn spendy. I plan on making my own.

SLO

Did you not have to balance the tires?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wondered the same

I remember Eddie saying he typically doesn’t balance his 40’s so I’m guessing he didn’t. I tried running my KMC Machete’s with 40” Coopers without balancing them and I couldn’t stand it. I especially noticed it when I would turn the wheel at freeway speeds. Balancing made a huge difference for me. A lot of guys on here don’t bother balancing with 40’s. Personal preference, I guess.

Top Bottom