VIDEO : GETTIN READY for the NITTO JKX - Part 2

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I remember Eddie saying he typically doesn’t balance his 40’s so I’m guessing he didn’t. I tried running my KMC Machete’s with 40” Coopers without balancing them and I couldn’t stand it. I especially noticed it when I would turn the wheel at freeway speeds. Balancing made a huge difference for me. A lot of guys on here don’t bother balancing with 40’s. Personal preference, I guess.

Ah makes sense then. My 37” Coopers got balanced every time they were rotated other wise I’d notice. My 37” Nittos didn’t Takeuchi weight so I might not have noticed if they were 40s

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I remember Eddie saying he typically doesn’t balance his 40’s so I’m guessing he didn’t. I tried running my KMC Machete’s with 40” Coopers without balancing them and I couldn’t stand it. I especially noticed it when I would turn the wheel at freeway speeds. Balancing made a huge difference for me. A lot of guys on here don’t bother balancing with 40’s. Personal preference, I guess.

I have run 37 and 40 Nittos with KMC Machetes and neither required balancing. Even at 80 (down hill with a tail wind) there was no issues.

benatc1

Hooked
I think you have to give some credit to the wheel itself. In my experience, I've had nitto and coopers on ATX slabs and didn't have to balance either. While both of those tires (not same set) need all kinds of weight with pro comp wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I think you have to give some credit to the wheel itself. In my experience, I've had nitto and coopers on ATX slabs and didn't have to balance either. While both of those tires (not same set) need all kinds of weight with pro comp wheels.

This is a good point. Especially considering I’m still running the dang Pro comps that where on it when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

AZVAJKU

Hooked

Great point. The Machetes have impressed me, super beefy with excellent fit and finish. They drain water well which is important in Virginia and the design of the lock ring fasteners avoid the issues I had with my previous AEV beadlocks.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’m late to the party, and getting caught up on videos. I like the new Warn. I’m a fan of that 9.5 and the M8000, also. Old school and still getting the job done. It also looks really clean, on the front of Moby.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom