Wayalife jk-forum

Hightower

Both forums I feel are unique to other forums I have been apart of there is much more of a family feel to both of them.

Eddie I thought once a poster or posty hit the spacial tag they won Moby?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Oh boy, this thread is making Eddie and Cindy feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :blush:

:friends: So, Eddie and Cindy please pull up a couch. and Tell me how does this make you feel? :yup:

Last edited:

gouacats

I think of JKForum as a resource while Wayalife is a community.

This is similar to how I think. I "hang out" here...when I'm researching mods or what is and isn't considered a mod :), I'll generally look over there.

I'm here a lot more than over there.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I like both forums myself. I've learned alot from them as well as Project-JK. I am a member of other forums, but I am here and JK on a daily basis. My experience meeting other forum members has been awesome as well. As with Eddie and Cindy, my wife and I like to travel and have found ourselves off the beaten path in our civic on roads not meant for a civic. Prompted us to purchase a Jeep for such travels. We basically run logging roads or service roads. There is nothing like driving your Jeep naked on a secluded road...that's one thing I like about this forum. I can be myself and really express my thoughts and feelings. I don't feel I can do this at other forums. So, anybody up for a road trip?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I like both forums myself. I've learned alot from them as well as Project-JK. I am a member of other forums, but I am here and JK on a daily basis. My experience meeting other forum members has been awesome as well. As with Eddie and Cindy, my wife and I like to travel and have found ourselves off the beaten path in our civic on roads not meant for a civic. Prompted us to purchase a Jeep for such travels. We basically run logging roads or service roads. There is nothing like driving your Jeep naked on a secluded road...that's one thing I like about this forum. I can be myself and really express my thoughts and feelings. I don't feel I can do this at other forums. So, anybody up for a road trip?

I was just telling my wife tonight I want to plan a road trip. I want to travel through the southern states to start. Perhaps a Route 66 trip....

catahoula

Caught the Bug
That would be an Epic trip. I really enjoyed Eddie and Cindy's photo trip when they were driving Happy's Jeep to Cali.

Gibbo

I started this thread because I Google'd 37" tires one day, and a thread from JK-Forum came up, and who was answering a question? it was Wayolife back in 2010. I thought Wayolife-Wayalife is there a connection?, and there was. Very good we sorted that out. Now I've read all the posts it brings me to why I'm on this forum, and it's for the same reason some of you posted, "I can be myself" came up a few times. That's it "I can be myself", and build my Jeep to suit my life style, and my needs, no questions asked. You see, some time ago on the forum in this country ( I think there's only one ) I posted a proud pic of my JK with its new lift kit, and got abused!:shock: "that suspension's shit", "your Jeep sucks", on my very first post! How could a Jeeper treat another fellow Jeeper like that. I hate to say it, but they still don't get it here. Seems that forum's tied up with one of the retailers here, and if you use something other than what they sell, you suck. Now I've been here a while now,( same suspension ) and have not been abused once, and for that I thank you.:thumb:

Jersey_Devil

I started this thread because I Google'd 37" tires one day, and a thread from JK-Forum came up, and who was answering a question? it was Wayolife back in 2010. I thought Wayolife-Wayalife is there a connection?, and there was. Very good we sorted that out. Now I've read all the posts it brings me to why I'm on this forum, and it's for the same reason some of you posted, "I can be myself" came up a few times. That's it "I can be myself", and build my Jeep to suit my life style, and my needs, no questions asked. You see, some time ago on the forum in this country ( I think there's only one ) I posted a proud pic of my JK with its new lift kit, and got abused!:shock: "that suspension's shit", "your Jeep sucks", on my very first post! How could a Jeeper treat another fellow Jeeper like that. I hate to say it, but they still don't get it here. Seems that forum's tied up with one of the retailers here, and if you use something other than what they sell, you suck. Now I've been here a while now,( same suspension ) and have not been abused once, and for that I thank you.:thumb:

I've never received no abuse over there like that, I have seen it happening on threads on jkf tho unfortunately. I have experienced this on another forum unrelated to jkf or wal and also I noticed that ppl ignore my wave or give a dirty look after I put a project jk windshield banner on.... I still smile and wave tho.

JAGS

Hooked

I've never received no abuse over there like that, I have seen it happening on threads on jkf tho unfortunately. I have experienced this on another forum unrelated to jkf or wal and also I noticed that ppl ignore my wave or give a dirty look after I put a project jk windshield banner on.... I still smile and wave tho.

If people blast on WAYALIFE, they pretty much get blasted right back. Other forums it's really about the mods and here it isn't so much like that. Just a bunch of guys and gals hanging out, enjoying good times and long (or in my case, new) found love of Jeepn'. There are no stupid questions and people here think it's cool you like Jeep, regardless of where your build process is at.

LSM

If people blast on WAYALIFE, they pretty much get blasted right back. Other forums it's really about the mods and here it isn't so much like that. Just a bunch of guys and gals hanging out, enjoying good times and long (or in my case, new) found love of Jeepn'. There are no stupid questions and people here think it's cool you like Jeep, regardless of where your build process is at.

I agree. The only mod I have is a leveling kit right now because we are expecting our first baby next month and so the funds aren't there right now and so I guess I kinda feel "out of place" on JK-forum but I still love some of the advice and info you can get over there. Overall though I really love them both.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I agree. The only mod I have is a leveling kit right now because we are expecting our first baby next month and so the funds aren't there right now and so I guess I kinda feel "out of place" on JK-forum but I still love some of the advice and info you can get over there. Overall though I really love them both.

All I have is stock 4 Dr components from a Rubi with Spidertrax spacers. I'm tight and trying to modify my rig on da cheep. I have never felt out of place here or at JK-Forum. I've posted several times over there. I've given and received advice and have no problems. I've meet several members. Just because you don't have much on your rig don't feel like that. There are some bad apples out there. I've experienced that on other forums. Heck I just got off of another forum and this guy was being an ass to a member and giving him a rash of shit when all he was looking for was some help with his rig. I do agree with you though I love both forums.

GCM 2

......The only mod I have is a leveling kit right now.

....All I have is stock 4 Dr components from a Rubi with Spidertrax spacers.

Actually, I am always a little jealous of stock jeeps. Might sound a little crazy, but vehicles are only stock once in their entire life and that's actually a really cool thing. I have always wished I could afford a new jeep, not do a thing to it, just park it and let it age gracefully in a garage so one day it could be the barn find!

Stock or not, both of you guys have pretty good looking jeeps :rock:

Prime8

Oh, BTW, without even looking, your suspension sucks, it's Shit.

Haha, I had to...

But everyone is right, this forum has a cozy feel to it, whereas JK feels more like a textbook, with tons of errors and opinions! Haha.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Oh, BTW, without even looking, your suspension sucks, it's Shit.

Haha, I had to...

But everyone is right, this forum has a cozy feel to it, whereas JK feels more like a textbook, with tons of errors and opinions! Haha.

Oh yeah? Well...well....at least we get better gas mileage!:cheesy:

jesse3638

Hooked
I haven't had a bad experience at JKF but I do feel its now different seeing how WOL isn't as much a key player there. I still use it for a lot of good info but as mentioned I feel this forum is more of a community and have found myself frequenting this forum more than the other. I attended my first SNG when my JK was bone stock, except for my project-jk stickers, and 200 miles on it. I got there a bit late and ended up parking on the other side of the food truck. As I oogled the monster jeeps that packed the parking lot as what I aspired mine to become. I found myself talking to a lot of different people and when asked wherei is mine I proudly pointed to my 2012 behind the food truck. Once it was noticed it was a 2012 I soon had a small crowd gathered around my "little" JKU Rubicon hood open people looking it inside and out as I believe it was the only 2012 there that night. As the night wound down and I was walking towards my jeep I passed Moby and Eddie and Mel were talking with another member. The conversation caught my attention so I eves dropped and next thing I knew I was in the conversation and Eddie demonstrated how the ORE no limits manual disconnect worked. He asked what my plans were for mods and gave me some advice on things. I felt welcome in the jeep world and that's when I knew what the "wayalife" was. As its been a year now since I've been a proud jeep owner and I'm looking at starting a local SNG Eddie said sure post it here and to let him know if I needed help. Just wanted to say thanks and once I know a date I look forward to seeing him at the High Desert Suds n Grub...:wink:. Thanks Eddie for both forums and thanks to all the other moderators and members for good advice and good times. I look forward to many more.

bl17z90

I don't spend a lot of time on JKF because this forum just pulls my attention more. Like everyone else it seems more personal. To me, it is just more inviting. :yup:

Also we have the American Honey smiley :honey:

Oh and theres nothing wrong with having 37's and coilovers....or in my case, wanting 37's and coilovers :bleh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom