WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run 2018 - SIGN UP

farrier

lol the list, both front steering joints (broke one and said screw it and replaced both since they were originals) rebuilt the front drive line since it was squeeking including the centering ball, replaced a tire that we pinched the sidewall on, moved both front seats back 3 inches, rewired the cb since the po used duct tape instead of electrical tape :idontknow: greased everything not replaced including dropping all the lower arms to get to the fittings on them, still need to clean the air cleaner

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
lol the list, both front steering joints (broke one and said screw it and replaced both since they were originals) rebuilt the front drive line since it was squeeking including the centering ball, replaced a tire that we pinched the sidewall on, moved both front seats back 3 inches, rewired the cb since the po used duct tape instead of electrical tape :idontknow: greased everything not replaced including dropping all the lower arms to get to the fittings on them, still need to clean the air cleaner

Holy cow - you got me beat! 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

Be careful of what you wish for - a little rain in the Mojave has a way of going a long way. :icon_crazy:

main.php

That’s a little rain?!?! I’m good with the weather we are having haha.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I programmed the offroad control head, it runs the ARB compressor, EVO air disco, light bars, heated seats, rear amber lights, air horns, Airel lights, rear flood lights, blue or white rocklights. It’ll also run the air lockers.

Attachments

• 84EA58DC-3A7F-4011-BDB8-3B15CA30E838.jpg
    84EA58DC-3A7F-4011-BDB8-3B15CA30E838.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 176

Moochie

Took a quick trip to the dealership yesterday for 2 safety recalls. A new clock spring and a passenger side airbag replacement.

Oil change and tire rotation. Air filter too since I've been spending nearly every weekend since march in our west desert. Installed new drag link (mine was still bent from being yanked out of the muck a few months back) also replaced my steering stabilizer for the same reason. Re-torqued everything for the rear tire carrier and front bumper/winch mounts. Still have a couple small things I want to do but don't need to do. I have some ATX chamber pros on order. If they show up before Thursday I will get them mounted but unlikely.

Vinnielax

So, Cindy and I spent the day cleaning up the front end of Moby and installing a new and much bigger transmission cooler.

View attachment 287985

The day before, we washed Moby and rotated his tires.

What I wanna know is, what have you been doing to get your Jeep ready for the WAYALIFE kick off run! :thumb:

I took the Jeep up to Gorman to Hungry Valley and bounced around a bit on Saturday. Mental note: Never go on a Saturday. The sheer number of idiots on ATVs and motorcycles gunning for a Darwin Award was amazing.

IMG_7658.JPG .

Installed Progrips. What a difference!!

Checked torque on track bar and control arms. Torqued all lug nuts so I don’t look like Overlander. Tomorrow will be an LOF and air filters service.

Can’t wait!!!

pop2tu

Trying to decide if I have time to install these. IMG_0487.JPG
But I have to weld in the C gussets and change ball joints out before install. Still have to finish front bumper so I can install tow points on front so 44s will probably have to wait, and 30 will have to survive another weekend!

Brute

Hooked
Checked fluids (beer & wine)...watched Chargers crush the Raiders at Stubhub field...checked fluids again...watch fireworks from balcony of our room at the Grand Californian Disney...check fluids again...I'm good to go

JeepFan

Hooked
Today I plan to go through Jeep and basically check everything! Of course washing it inside and out is high on the priority list. 😎

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Installed Progrips. What a difference!!

Checked torque on track bar and control arms. Torqued all lug nuts so I don’t look like Overlander. Tomorrow will be an LOF and air filters service.

Can’t wait!!!

Awesome upgrade. It is funny how people will discount ProGrips just because it doesn't come with the unnecessary stuff that more expensive kits come with.

Remember to put the wheels back on..

:cheesy:

Drove mine out of the garage and did some exploring. Need to change the oil and diffs after fording a lake today.

Looks like you guys had a fun time out in one of my favorite parts of the Mojave. Did you not get a pic of the water crossing?

Trying to decide if I have time to install these.
But I have to weld in the C gussets and change ball joints out before install. Still have to finish front bumper so I can install tow points on front so 44s will probably have to wait, and 30 will have to survive another weekend!

eh, it'll be find for this trip :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Checked fluids (beer & wine)...watched Chargers crush the Raiders at Stubhub field...checked fluids again...watch fireworks from balcony of our room at the Grand Californian Disney...check fluids again...I'm good to go

Awesome :thumb:

Today I plan to go through Jeep and basically check everything! Of course washing it inside and out is high on the priority list. 😎

Of course it is :D

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Awesome upgrade. It is funny how people will discount ProGrips just because it doesn't come with the unnecessary stuff that more expensive kits come with.

:cheesy:

Looks like you guys had a fun time out in one of my favorite parts of the Mojave. Did you not get a pic of the water crossing?

eh, it'll be find for this trip :yup:

Stephanie took some. I was more worried about my jeep sinking to the bottom of the lake lol

Top Bottom