WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

WJCO

Meme King
This was actually the rear shaft. About half way down to SoCal, we noticed it was starting to sound like angry squirrels. I pulled it and dropped it off at my old driveline shop before heading to EVO. The double cardan was fried. Decided to have the whole thing rebuilt/balanced.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Gotcha. I assumed you had to shorten the front one for the new axle. So you drove to socal in FWD? Or you waited for the repair before continuing?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gotcha. I assumed you had to shorten the front one for the new axle. So you drove to socal in FWD? Or you waited for the repair before continuing?

Got the shaft shortened a while ago - before picking up Rubicat from Dynatrac.

I pulled the rear shaft as soon as I got to SoCal this time around and drove around in FWD while we waited to get the shaft back. Maybe racked up about 200 miles in FWD [emoji16]

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Journeyman

I pulled the rear shaft as soon as I got to SoCal this time around and drove around in FWD while we waited to get the shaft back. Maybe racked up about 200 miles in FWD [emoji16]

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Well that's one way to break things in up front 🤤

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
This was actually the rear shaft. About half way down to SoCal, we noticed it was starting to sound like angry squirrels. I pulled it and dropped it off at my old driveline shop before heading to EVO. The double cardan was fried. Decided to have the whole thing rebuilt/balanced.

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs
Hey I remember doing that in your garage before heading home after the Rockin Rubicon last year. Mine was the front though.

As for a blanket I carry and old Army wool blanket. It was my dad's who knows how old it is..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs
Well at least I know it can go a while in FWD now lol. Glad you got Rubi up and running again

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Here are a couple of closer shots of the grab handles.

20170405203246-e86d040b.jpg

One thing I can say in my opinion of the evo is it has the cleanest look in terms of the windshield plastics. They are eliminated on the sides and covered with the forward supports. Obviously this is where some of the better visibility comes from, but it also looks more finished. Even the Rock Hard requires trimming and not everyone gets it right. The grab handle placement is, IMO, better than any of the rest of the popular brands.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I was wondering if RubiCat would still be around after the JLs come out. Something tells me Yes!

I've been more worried about Moby, but then again I don't think Eddie is at a place in his life that he needs to get rid of one ride to get another. He'll find the room.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Taking a break along the shores of Walker Lake. Thanks to the wet and snowy winter we've had, the Lake level is up a little over 4 feet just since the beginning of the year !
final.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom