WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

JAGS

Hooked
Totally sucks. This is the first time I've had sidewall damage on a Nitto and for it to be this bad especially when I was going slow and just ran over a branch, I can't say that I'm too happy about it.

See what happens when you drive SLOW. Total bummer on the tire though. 😢

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
See what happens when you drive SLOW. Total bummer on the tire though. 

LOL!! No kidding!! I literally was going so slow, I initially thought maybe I had ran over a snake. I just slowly went around a corner and all of a sudden - psssssssssss!!

kyleolson

Totally sucks. This is the first time I've had sidewall damage on a Nitto and for it to be this bad especially when I was going slow and just ran over a branch, I can't say that I'm too happy about it.

Wow!! That's some serious sidewall issue... :/

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! That's some serious sidewall issue... :/

I agree. The only time I've seen a failure like this is back when I was running MT/R's. I know that ttfhell has had a few sidewall failures too but I thought that it was just him :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree. The only time I've seen a failure like this is back when I was running MT/R's. I know that ttfhell has had a few sidewall failures too but I thought that it was just him :crazyeyes:

I have had two also. I think Russ and I are at 5 together. :bleh:

jhires

FWIW, every brand of tire I've had on my rigs over the years has wound up with a branch or tree root through the sidewall at some point. (Gotta love the PNW. :)

I'm not sure there are any tires out there that would be able to stand up to a direct puncture yet still have decent road manners and sidewall flex on the rocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, every brand of tire I've had on my rigs over the years has wound up with a branch or tree root through the sidewall at some point. (Gotta love the PNW. :)

I'm not sure there are any tires out there that would be able to stand up to a direct puncture yet still have decent road manners and sidewall flex on the rocks.

Honestly, we to have had failures like this on ever tire we've ever run EXCEPT for Toyo MT's. Granted, they do offer a bit rougher of a ride though due to there Range E rating.

Trail Bud

Hooked
WAYALIFE on the GO Photos!!

I have new ones but I want to get my $ worth with the cost of the new ones. I'll probably install them in the spring.

I had to type toyo 4 times to get it right. I hate spell correct most of the time.

Top Bottom