WAYALIFE Rubicon Run 2013

JAGS

Hooked
Awesome shots!! :clap2: :thumb:

For number 1, you just find a tree or rock. For number 2, you need to use a WAG bag or, use one of the new toilets long the trail. There is one at the trail head, one at Ellis Creek, two at the Little Sluice, one at Buck Island Lake (or, last I saw) and then a bunch at Rubicon Springs.

EDIT: or what those guys said :D

So you can drop a deuce at sluice? :cheesy: 😂😂😂

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cool that these are avail on the trail. I guess I was more concerned about my wife and daughter than myself when it came to privacy. Additionally I wanted to make sure I was prepared and didn't look like a newbe

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

With the exception of the trailhead and Rubicon Springs, all the other porta-potties are new. For the ladies, if they use TP on the trail, they need to dispose haul it out as well. A lot of gals use small bags to pack it out in. Everything is granite out there and TP on the trail had always been a big problem.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Pretty cool that these are avail on the trail. I guess I was more concerned about my wife and daughter than myself when it came to privacy. Additionally I wanted to make sure I was prepared and didn't look like a newbe

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr

It's safe to say your wife wouldn't NOT like the bathrooms on the trail unless she stands up to do her thing. :thumb:

Rccrwlr

With the exception of the trailhead and Rubicon Springs, all the other porta-potties are new. For the ladies, if they use TP on the trail, they need to dispose haul it out as well. A lot of gals use small bags to pack it out in. Everything is granite out there and TP on the trail had always been a big problem.

Moved to keep your topic on track
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=10478

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr

Last edited by a moderator:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Coming up the ledges

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377364620.307293.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377364638.591200.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377364648.356492.jpg

Construction at Ellis Creek (they were making it easier for the group that was going the week after us :cheesy: )

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377364658.442697.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377364702.485821.jpg

A blurry long exposure I took. Didn't have my tripod so it was a little blurry

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377364733.323993.jpg

JK1

Sure, why not. Just keep in touch with me.

well if your taking request i think my jeep is about ready and will be next year for sure for a epic trip like this....:yup:

Awesome pics as always......:beer:

Last edited:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
An incredible adventure with fantastic people and friends. It doesn't get any better. Thanks to the crew and our Hosts Eddie and Cindy:rock:

CaliCrusher

Is there a forum link to something like "Rubicon bare essentials?" I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I would need to run the trail next year. Thanks!

jason08JK

Great stuff! We ran the trail the week before you guys between It was a great time! The construction was kind of odd to see. :eek:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
dont know how i missed this one, would love to make it out and wheel with you guys if i can figure out an economical ish way to get my jeep out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a forum link to something like "Rubicon bare essentials?" I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I would need to run the trail next year. Thanks!

Bare essentials? Make sure you go with at least one other rig and both equipped with tow points front and rear, rocker guards and recovery gear. That's the bare minimum. To have a good time, I would recommend that you also have at least 2.5" of lift and 35's as well.

dont know how i missed this one, would love to make it out and wheel with you guys if i can figure out an economical ish way to get my jeep out there.

Well, if you do ever make it out, let us know :yup:

CaliCrusher

Bare essentials? Make sure you go with at least one other rig and both equipped with tow points front and rear, rocker guards and recovery gear. That's the bare minimum. To have a good time, I would recommend that you also have at least 2.5" of lift and 35's

Ok, that's basically what I was wondering.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jelliott076

The trip wasn't too expensive coming up from SoCal. I think I did 4ish refills on the way there (not full tanks) and same on the way back (and of course the run itself). The hotel is cheap enough and you really can't do without it if you're stripping doors and tops. Great time and worth every penny.

jelliott076

The trip wasn't too expensive coming up from SoCal. I think I did 4ish refills on the way there (not full tanks) and same on the way back (and of course the run itself). The hotel is cheap enough and you really can't do without it if you're stripping doors and tops. Great time and worth every penny.

:doh: Cancel my whole cost statement brother! I just noticed you're coming from PA. That will be a pricey but really fun drive.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug

Yea let me know too if you start to plan a trip out. I would definitely like to repay the hospitality you guys shown me at Rausch Creek! :yup:

Top Bottom