What Auto Insurance Do You Have?

desertrunner

I'm just curious, how do insurance companies handle mis-haps that occur on the trail, say a blown radiator because you hit a tree?
Believe it or not USAA covered me under "flood damage" when I hydro locked my engine. Found a donor engine with only 15k miles and payed for the swap in full at the shop of my choice all just for my comprehensive deductible. Totally my fault I drove it way to fast into some deeper than I thought it was water. And I didn't exactly fudge the truth either and they still covered me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

xxJWPxx

I have Geico as well. They have been pretty easy to work with and have the best rates on my Jeep and motorcycle by far. I haven't had any claims so I don't have any feedback on their claims service and/or what they'd actually cover in event of a total loss. I made a ton of calls when I started modding my Jeep trying to find a carrier that would agree to cover all my mods in case of a total loss to the Jeep. Still haven't found a carrier that will agree to that, which makes me wonder what all you Jeepers with seriously modded Jeeps do for insurance. Geico has basically agreed to cover around $5k worth of modifications to my Jeep. And only cover my tinted windows (weird but ok), lift, shocks, tires and wheels. I haven't contacted them since I added my front and rear bumpers to see if we can add those on. I went through item by item with them of everything on my Jeep and most of it was not covered (exhaust, gearing, headlights/taillights etc.). Most carriers I spoke with would only offer a maximum of a few thousand dollars of mod's to the policy and nothing was covered during off road use.

JeepJeep75

I'm just curious, how do insurance companies handle mis-haps that occur on the trail, say a blown radiator because you hit a tree?

I asked my company about this. They say I'm covered anywhere I go. Even off-road, and on private property. If any damage occurs, I would have to make a claim and pay my deductible. Of course, this will make my policy price go up a bit, or not, depends on frequency and size of claim(s).

Hot94Z28

You get American Family your way? I have my home and auto through them. I had good dealing with them on a auto clam but I have never dealt with them for home. They have been the cheapest too and my sister works for State Farm and she could not get me a better rate.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hot94Z28

I will add I have had them since I could drive and that was 17 years ago. I have check a few times over the years and with bundling together it has been cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

We've been with Farmers for thirty + years and bundle every thing we own which is the house, property, a small life policy and about four vehicles, and no one can come close on the rates anytime we do a check with some other companies. We've never had any big claims... so Eddie you might want to check with Farmer if you're thinking about bundling.

pop2tu

Another for USAA, have had them for about 20 years now. At one time had two policies, one for Germany and one for U.S., they called me and told me I had been paying for two road side assistant policies. They informed me that one policy would cover both places and asked if they could credit the overpayments to my account. Honesty like that in an insurance company was unexpected. I have auto and home with them, and had claims on both, they have always been great to deal with.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I have Progressive for now. Still wanting to shop around also. I had MetLife for 9 years and had a clean record and I accidentally hit an older car and they doubled my insurance. The claim wasn't even large. I'm not some young driver and had no accidents but things happen. Met doubled my premiums over this claim which caused no damage to my vehicle at all. I switched to Progressive, nothing to write home about, I'm finally back to where I was since I have a clean record.

Last edited:
State Farm. They took great care of me when my Jeep was stolen. We have our home, 5 cars and an RV through them. My insurance guy was the best to work with too!!! My flat bed was stolen too. I didn't have a policy on it, and State Farm would only cover it if it was taken while on my property. My agent took care of me!

Top Bottom