What Auto Insurance Do You Have?

wjtstudios

Hooked
The other big key to check with your agent about is whether or not all of the accessories that we have all added are covered. Most policies only cover the cost or replacement of the year of that jk. Additional costs like lifts, armor. etc are not covered unless you add a rider to cover them. And they may not let you salvage anything either. Just double check with you agent prior to needing it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

lidless07X

See if you have Haggerty in your state for the classics.

USAA is excellent.

Geico is cheap but you'll get what you pay for. Hope you never have to make a claim

Erie is good but will drop you for an accident

Desertman

QIC as they have police officers who will issue accident reports based in their office. Also only company who offer online insurance and a call centre open until 10:00 pm. I had an uninsured driver hit my Pajero and they did resolve the issue. That's life here in Qatar

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

I have New Jersey Manufacturers...but it's only available in NJ and parts of PA, and can be difficult to get, depending on who you work for. Great customer service, low premiums and a dividend check every year.

My fiancé's father has worked for State Farm for 25+ years...from a company standpoint they seem to take care of him pretty well. While I cannot personally attest to their effectiveness or pricing for insurance, that's at least the first call I'd make if I branched out from NJM.

Perhaps there's another agent who you could contact?

Last edited:

sitruc

AAA for me. Cheapest rate and all cars and house bundled together. Just have to find the right agent. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, for anyone who's interested, I've made a lot of calls and tried to see if anyone could help me out by bundling my home and auto insurance and.... I came up with higher rates. My State Farm home owners insurance has great coverage and at a low price but if I bundle it with auto, I get less coverage there and end up paying quite a bit more. My AAA auto insurance is really good and at a great price, especially being that I own 7 Jeeps but if I were to add my home and with the exact same coverage, I again end up paying quite a bit more. So, for now, I guess I'm just going to stick with what I've got. :crazyeyes:

Petzl88

So, for anyone who's interested, I've made a lot of calls and tried to see if anyone could help me out by bundling my home and auto insurance and.... I came up with higher rates. My State Farm home owners insurance has great coverage and at a low price but if I bundle it with auto, I get less coverage there and end up paying quite a bit more. My AAA auto insurance is really good and at a great price, especially being that I own 7 Jeeps but if I were to add my home and with the exact same coverage, I again end up paying quite a bit more. So, for now, I guess I'm just going to stick with what I've got. :crazyeyes:

7 Jeeps. That's so funny [emoji23]

Jackal01

We have Amica for home and auto. They have been great so far. All the mods and accessories are covered. I just need to provide receipts and photos and it is covered. With homeowners at the end of the year we get a dividend check that is a few hundred bucks. They operate similar to REI so it is owned by policyholders. We have yet to have an issue with them. Going on 4 years I believe.

Onefin

Chubb for homeowners and the jeep.
Jeep Coverage is replacement value @$65k....this was sort of an issue to get dialed in with the agent.
Wife's x5 is still on USAA because it is way cheaper (50%) than Chubb for the same coverage.
I despise USAA customer service and claims department.

I'd prefer State Farm for all, but they won't cover our condo flood insurance.

I've found that sitting down with a real live agent/broker always gets the best coverage at the best rate.
Then review policy as issued to verify you got what they sold you.

mo0s3

When I spoke with a Statefarm agent that works with a lot of my family members he informed me they would cover trail damage . To me that is almost worth me paying a extra 50 a month on my Jeep but I'm still a little sceptical lol
I was going to look into a stated value policy as well but I'd have to be sure it covers trail damage like a rollover for instance.
My current agent told me if I do suffer a rollover to just get it to the road and make a claim. This is disturbing they would basically tell me to commit insurance fraud lol

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

Eddy, that would be the best for now. I can give you a little bit of insider information regarding insurance in Nevada. I am sad to say that ALL insurance premiums across the board for ALL insurance companies are going up. You can thank the friendly plaintiff's attorneys in Las Vegas. Each claimant that is represented by an attorney and each case that enters into litigation contains the claim for future medical treatment that many times claims surgery. Every claimant. It is amazing.

We have Amica for home and auto. They have been great so far. All the mods and accessories are covered. I just need to provide receipts and photos and it is covered. With homeowners at the end of the year we get a dividend check that is a few hundred bucks. They operate similar to REI so it is owned by policyholders. We have yet to have an issue with them. Going on 4 years I believe.

Amica is what is called a mutual insurance company, which is the same with StateFarm. It is pretty simply, the policy holders pretty much own the company.

When I spoke with a Statefarm agent that works with a lot of my family members he informed me they would cover trail damage . To me that is almost worth me paying a extra 50 a month on my Jeep but I'm still a little sceptical lol
I was going to look into a stated value policy as well but I'd have to be sure it covers trail damage like a rollover for instance.
My current agent told me if I do suffer a rollover to just get it to the road and make a claim. This is disturbing they would basically tell me to commit insurance fraud lol WAYALIFE mobile app

All first party Collision coverage will take care of "trail damage". I have never seen an exclusion or endorsement that would exclude collision damages that did not take place on the roadway. Please note that each state is different, but for any insurance company to get approval for such an exclusion, they have to get the okay from that state's Department of Insurance.

One thing to remember is that insurance premiums for Jeep Wranglers is pretty low. This is pretty much from an actuarial standpoint as the incident rate is very low (not a lot of Wranglers speed) and the occupants are afforded more protection than most vehicles. Unfortunately, the older the Jeep model, the more expensive the insurance becomes. This is because the highest amount paid out on these policies is in bodily injury, and any safety device that the Jeep contains, reduces the costs for bodily injury claims. My 2016 Wrangler had a lower rate than my 2011 VW Tiguan and a much lower rate than my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

mo0s3

Another one for USAA. But civilians can't get it. But a good amount of my Jeep buddies have Geicko and like them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Geico does stand for Government Employee Insurance CO
They do have really low rates, almost $70 less then Statefarm but that said, with Statefarm they just need pics of mods with no receipts and they do cover trail damage as long as your not racing the vehicle off-road.

jkwebbie

Geico does stand for Government Employee Insurance CO
They do have really low rates, almost $70 less then Statefarm but that said, with Statefarm they just need pics of mods with no receipts and they do cover trail damage as long as your not racing the vehicle off-road.

I was talking about USAA where civilians can't get it. Not GEICO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My current agent told me if I do suffer a rollover to just get it to the road and make a claim. This is disturbing they would basically tell me to commit insurance fraud lol

$50 a month EXTRA?! Jesus! That's almost what I pay monthly for full coverage on my jeep.

Top Bottom