What Auto Insurance Do You Have?

TC1201JK

State Farm for house and auto. As far as I’ve found, they’re one of only two companies in the area that don’t discriminate against having “pit bull” type dogs in my home. I’ve also never heard anyone say they’ve had a hard time filling a claim for home or auto. Fortunately after 15 years I haven’t had to [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rogerk93

I had State Farm for two years then this past October I had to use it for a no fault accident and it doubled. they drove me crazy with what I call the worse customer service out there, especially when the accident was declared 100% the other individuals fault, 7 months later and lost 1,000 so far I am still dealing with the headache. I since switched with progressive and they are cheaper.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
State Farm for house and auto. As far as I’ve found, they’re one of only two companies in the area that don’t discriminate against having “pit bull” type dogs in my home. I’ve also never heard anyone say they’ve had a hard time filling a claim for home or auto. Fortunately after 15 years I haven’t had to [emoji1303]

Talk to my dad. I guess you’ve never had to file a claim.

Brute

Hooked
Thread revival!

I'm looking into changing at least my auto insurance and possibly home if a bundle discount is available from Statefarm to another carrier. I currently have a reckless driving (non-alcohol) and speeding ticket so my monthly premium skyrocketed. I'm looking at Ameriprise Auto and Home Ins. (Costco). After the online quote I could be saving a truckload of money. If their quote is accurate I could be saving close to $3200 a year. I'm going to call and verify and if this is right I'm going to do it as saving $271 a month is more than my car payment. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Knowing Costco they wouldn't use an inferior company or product, but first hand experience is better. I've been extremely happy with Statefarm they are just so expensive given my circumstances. Thanks for everyone's help.

Keep in mind quotes are just that, it's not until they actually run your driving record that the real cost comes in. You may be ok but then they may run it and it could change. Just giving fair warning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Once they run your record, you will be paying about the same...sorry...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
We have Geico; because its cheap, and we don't use it. :dont_tell:

Having been HIT my others, I will say Progressive and State Farm will NEVER get a penny of my business... I wont support companies attempting to pinch pennies to fuck over other drivers when their customer is CLEARLY (AND documented) "at fault" :twocents:

Ddays

Hooked
It's really odd how many varied experiences folks have with the same companies. I've had State Farm for over 35 years and not had ANY issues with em EVER. Hell, when my Jeep was wrecked it was over $10k and they never batted an eye over any of the items replaced. Same with any time I've needed to use them. :thinking:
It's almost like these companies have a big ass sign that lights up like every 10th caller that says "fuck this guy over"..

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
It's almost like these companies have a big ass sign that lights up like every 10th caller that says "fuck this guy over"..

Luck of the draw... ha :clap2: guess I was "lucky" when their driver hit me in a parking lot...

And Progressive's guy rammed his corvette up my ass while I was stopped at a red light :crazyeyes: :naw:

OBVIOUSLY they BOTH had T9 equipped cellphones at the time... ;)

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
And Progressive's guy rammed his corvette up my ass while I was stopped at a red light :crazyeyes: :naw:

Progressive got all gator-armed on my claim even though I had several eye-witnesses give statements to the police that the other driver was 100% at fault. SF went to bat for me & worked everything out with no issues. That's what I mean about the randomness of customer service. :idontknow: As many people curse SF as do praise.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It's really odd how many varied experiences folks have with the same companies. I've had State Farm for over 35 years and not had ANY issues with em EVER. Hell, when my Jeep was wrecked it was over $10k and they never batted an eye over any of the items replaced. Same with any time I've needed to use them. :thinking:

No kidding, because it was like pulling teeth to get State Farm to pay here. My brother, Dad, & I have had claims with Progressive, with no issues at all. Maybe it’s a regional office thing.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
No kidding, because it was like pulling teeth to get State Farm to pay here. My brother, Dad, & I have had claims with Progressive, with no issues at all. Maybe it’s a regional office thing.

I would THINK that Customer Service would be the primary goal in insurance. IF I was dealing with "some insurance company" that I am not currently a customer of, and it was smooth as butter, and they REALLY took care of my claim... guess what? When my current policy ends, Guess who is at the top of the list for shopping??? :hmm:

It doesnt seem like rocket science to me, but then again, in this day and age, I guess I'ed be considered "old fashioned" in the way I want to see the world.
"who cares about tomorrow, our goal is to maximize profits TODAY" :crazyeyes:

fiend

Caught the Bug
I would THINK that Customer Service would be the primary goal in insurance. IF I was dealing with "some insurance company" that I am not currently a customer of, and it was smooth as butter, and they REALLY took care of my claim... guess what? When my current policy ends, Guess who is at the top of the list for shopping??? :hmm:

It doesnt seem like rocket science to me, but then again, in this day and age, I guess I'ed be considered "old fashioned" in the way I want to see the world.
"who cares about tomorrow, our goal is to maximize profits TODAY" :crazyeyes:

Actually the primary goal of insurance companies is to avoid paying claims. That’s how they make so much money.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Actually the primary goal of insurance companies is to avoid paying claims. That’s how they make so much money.

So... the goal is to try and "Maximize profits TODAY, and not worry about tomorrow"... :crazyeyes: say it isn't so! :thinking:

hookers-hookers-everywhere-jgfyhr.jpg

Last edited:

TC1201JK

Another big thing for me with StateFarm is that I can drive 2 blocks to my agents office and talk face to face. No sitting on hold, talking on the phone, or dealing with something like insurance online. I had Allstate years ago and they also had a local office. I think there’s a lot to be said for face to face interactions in any business.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
That little Australian speaking lizard covers the JLU and my wife's car. She had an accident and they covered everything except the deductible, and completely paid for a rental car for a few weeks during the repair. Pretty painless experience, really.
The CJ is on a Hagardy policy with agreed value collector car coverage. Haven't needed to file a claim with them but have heard they take care of you pretty good from my show car buddies.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I called Ameriprise and they won't cover the Jeep. I'd prefer to keep all my vehicles on one policy for simplicity so they are out. I received a quote from Progressive and they are a little cheaper. So I'll keep shopping and see what I can find. Thanks for everyone's input. As I mentioned I've been happy with state farm just not the price. With my accident last year they worked fast to file my uninsured motorist claim and refunded my deductible immediately. Plus as mentioned the office is only a few minutes from my house and its nice to talk to the ladies there when I have a question or need to make a change.

Gbint

Up here in BC, we only have ICBC. insurance commission of British Columbia. No other options. It’s a provincially run company. You pay based on driving record, and vehicle type. As an example , for complete coverage including 5 million in liabilities I pay about 1,100.00 annually.

Top Bottom