What did Brown Santa show up with today..

jeeeep

Hooked
parts are starting to show up View attachment 402130 View attachment 402131 View attachment 402132
Rugged ridge door entry guards ( they cover more of the sill) and Synergy Drag link. Just waiting for the Synergy tie rod before installing
Show the Rugged Ridge after you install them, I'm looking at a set for the JT.
From what photo's I've found, they seem to wrap over the outer edge where all others leave about a 1/4-1/2" exposed; IMO it's the edge that gets the most wear.

parts are starting to show up View attachment 402130 View attachment 402131 View attachment 402132
Rugged ridge door entry guards ( they cover more of the sill) and Synergy Drag link. Just waiting for the Synergy tie rod before installing
You’re gonna love those bars. Here’s a few tips, make sure you have the washers for the bolts, if not, buy some. Use anti-sieze the adjustment sleeves and the studs in the sleeves. Do not use an impact on those nuts! Don’t ask me how I know. 😂

Show the Rugged Ridge after you install them, I'm looking at a set for the JT.
From what photo's I've found, they seem to wrap over the outer edge where all others leave about a 1/4-1/2" exposed; IMO it's the edge that gets the most wear.
If you are driving through deep water, and the water comes up to the sills, then it seems like anything which breaks the smooth edge makes it more likely for water to get past the weather stripping. More water might get in.

Thoughts?

GP NOIR

Hooked
If you are driving through deep water, and the water comes up to the sills, then it seems like anything which breaks the smooth edge makes it more likely for water to get past the weather stripping. More water might get in.

Thoughts?
I dunno about the potential water intrusion. On my JK, I used grip tape in that area for better traction.

jeeeep

Hooked

Thoughts?
they don't go over the weather stripping, the appear to go over the outer edge which what I have from mopar and others I've seen do not protect.

They also appeared channeled to let the water flow so more likely blocking how easily water enters in that area.

But from my own experiences, if you're in water past the sills it's likely to seep in.

they don't go over the weather stripping, the appear to go over the outer edge which what I have from mopar and others I've seen do not protect.

They also appeared channeled to let the water flow so more likely blocking how easily water enters in that area.

But from my own experiences, if you're in water past the sills it's likely to seep in.
The weather stripping is on the door, not the sills. So if the sills now have plastic added, that is a point that water could enter, at the edges of the plastic. Even if the weather stripping still seals perfectly, there is now a potential entry path under the plastic.

jeeeep

Hooked
The weather stripping is on the door, not the sills. So if the sills now have plastic added, that is a point that water could enter, at the edges of the plastic. Even if the weather stripping still seals perfectly, there is now a potential entry path under the plastic.
How often are you in water deep enough to be above the sill that it's a concern?

I've never crossed any water that deep... hell, I get more water in the Jeep when it rains LOL

How often are you in water deep enough to be above the sill that it's a concern?

I've never crossed any water that deep... hell, I get more water in the Jeep when it rains LOL
Never been in water that deep yet. But I still worry about the first time.

Some people install water-tight snorkel systems due to concern about exceptionally deep water. Compared with that, worrying about preserving the seal on the sill seems insignificant. 😄

Dale72

Hooked
Brown Santa will be delivering a couple of goodies from the Wayalife store. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for the fast shipping. Ordered it Sunday and within a hour had the tracking number. It will be delivered on Thursday

DaJudge

No pictures, but I have a pile of Synergy, Rancho, and one AEV box (a temporary solution) waiting in the garage. JKS box should get here today.
Hopefully I can get the Gladiator lifted before March is over!

Dale72

Hooked
Just checked the tracking on the package of things that I ordered from Eddie and Cindy. It was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but it's on the truck for delivery today.

Top Bottom