What happened guys?

devonn216

I find it funny that people have such extreme review about a forum. When I see another Jeep, I don't judge the person based on the stickers he has. BFD. I wave just the same.

I hear that! I'm the same way! I don't cast judgement on anything jeep related. I'm just that's cool man. Sweet jeep. Let's hit some trails.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I apologize for not PMing you first and having the conversation in private, but I didn't start this thread I just chimed in to show some support for the person that had the balls to start the thread knowing full well where this could go and turn on him.

You'll forgive me but it wouldn't have taken "balls" for David to contact me directly by PM to express his concerns. I am after all the only one who has control over how this forum is run and if I wanted, I could even turn it off on all of you right this second.

I like all of the people here, there is a wealth of valuable information available and some great advice, I just don't want to see it go downhill as I'm sure you don't as well.

LOL!! Just because you choose to believe that my forum is going downhill doesn't mean that it is. But, even if it were, I think you've confused me with someone who'd care. I started this forum for myself because I wanted a place on the internet where I could share what I have learned. For those who don't like what I have to say, they don't have to be here. :yup:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The irony in this thread is palpable. Apparently it is perfectly acceptable for one's given group of friends to give an opinion about a sticker and what that means about the owner but completely unacceptable for a moderator to give an opinion about a product...interesting.

I generally try not bash anyone for a particular product they run: their jeep, their money, their choice. That said, I have no problem pointing out what I see as problems with a particular product if I have personal experience with it, especially when someone claims it is the best thing since sliced bread or it is just as good as some of the other alternatives. Are the moderators, myself included, not allowed to have opinions on products simply because we are moderators? That seems pretty stupid to me (wait, can I say stupid or is that another one of those words that is going to hurt someone's feelings?).

Are there times when the kid gloves have to come off? Of course. Nine times out of ten though, it is because someone has completely gone off the deep end.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thoroughly enjoy the information on this forum. Very great place to find quality information. However, just yesterday a fellow keeper in my unit came up to me and said "a Wayalife sticker? Really? You know they are the tools of the jeep community right" I responded with "there are great people and great information on the form, but I have seen where people have responded more harshly than necessary" I didn't like the opinion he had about Wayalife, but he's entitled to it. I would of course like it better if there wasn't that stereotype out there.

Funny thing is, if you ever travel abroad, I can tell you that America has it's fair share of haters and I don't just mean the ISIS types. You'll actually have people come up to you and give you grief for being an American - for being so wasteful, for not having good health care, for not being caring enough, for being so arrogant, for being so ignorant, etc. What's really sad is that there are so many here in America who agree with the "constructive criticism" and actively try to change the way we do things.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Funny thing is, if you ever travel abroad, I can tell you that America has it's fair share of haters and I don't just mean the ISIS types. You'll actually have people come up to you and give you grief for being an American.

LOL This is so true. May favorite was the French man that kept yelling, "France is best country you bastard Americans!"

devonn216

Funny thing is, if you ever travel abroad, I can tell you that America has it's fair share of haters and I don't just mean the ISIS types. You'll actually have people come up to you and give you grief for being an American - for being so wasteful, for not having good health care, for not being caring enough, for being so arrogant, for being so ignorant, etc. What's really sad is that there are so many here in America who agree with the "constructive criticism" and actively try to change the way we do things.

There's always going to be people who like you and people who don't. Some people abroad treat you like royalty and other spit on you. It is what it is.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Hot damn. Hit the nail on the head.
No matter where you go what you do, right or wrong. there shall always be someone with a negative opinion or comment. That's just life.

stweasel

I love that Eddie and the Mods bring criticism to the forefront, they don't hide when someone calls them on something, they don't delete threads when people accuse them of stuff. They are extremely helpful to everyone and if you ask for an opinion they give it. When I had an issue with my Jeep, Overlander responded quickly with an answer to diagnose my issue. We need more people like them who are helpful and not necessarily PC. If they recommend a product over another because of build quality to save you more money down the road it's all the better. You may feel like everyone is leaving, or is angry, as this is a community and like any community you stay or you get tired and move somewhere else. When I look at the numbers Wayalife has added nearly 3000 new members since the beginning of the year so obviously plenty of people are still moving in and WAL is growing so Eddie must be doing something right.:thinking:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
:yawn37::yawn37:

If Eddie wanted things run differently he would. What's the point of arguing hurt feelings and perceptions? I don't get it folks.

thardy

Banned
The irony in this thread is palpable. Apparently it is perfectly acceptable for one's given group of friends to give an opinion about a sticker and what that means about the owner but completely unacceptable for a moderator to give an opinion about a product...interesting.

I generally try not bash anyone for a particular product they run: their jeep, their money, their choice. That said, I have no problem pointing out what I see as problems with a particular product if I have personal experience with it, especially when someone claims it is the best thing since sliced bread or it is just as good as some of the other alternatives. Are the moderators, myself included, not allowed to have opinions on products simply because we are moderators? That seems pretty stupid to me (wait, can I say stupid or is that another one of those words that is going to hurt someone's feelings?).

Are there times when the kid gloves have to come off? Of course. Nine times out of ten though, it is because someone has completely gone off the deep end.

You are so right. It really is amazing how people get so butt hurt when others don't agree with their opinion.

It seems like the last few that have gone off the deep end act like Eddie and the other moderators are supposed to keep their opinions to themselves. Simply crazy.

JAGS

Hooked
:yawn37::yawn37:

If Eddie wanted things run differently he would. What's the point of arguing hurt feelings and perceptions? I don't get it folks.

Some people are overly sensitive, right. :cheesy:

Like you said, no point in arguing. :thumb: Issues can easily be resolved in PM form. To me, boils down to this....Don't like the forum, take a break or leave. Don't like a particular thread, don't read it or respond in it.

JK BLK

I've only been a member of this forum for the past 4 months maybe? I've only had my Jeep for 6 months and joined this forum after I saw the Rubicon videos. I read often and while I don't post a lot, I have gained a ton of knowledge here that I didn't get on a different forum. When I do get the Lift/tires/accessories I want, it'll be based on what I've seen (Eddies videos) not just what somebody says. Heck, if you followed one of the other forums, we would all have Grade 8 bolt kits and nobody would use the stock tire carrier!

To the OP's original post, most of the threads where I've seen people get upset is when they come here as say "I'm thinking about Brand x but what do you think about Brand Y?" It seems they have already decided to go with Brand X and then when Eddie (or some of the very experienced members) come back and refute Brand X, then they get confrontational and then it progresses to the"everybody else was right, this forum, blah, blah, blah. I'm watching and learning based on what I see and I see that Eddie KNOWS his stuff. When he or some of the other guys here recommend something, you can bet it's been proven. I'm going to be ordering a windshield decal and some fender decals for my rig soon and I'll proudly display them. And if someone asks me about them I'll tell them if you want the best No nonsense advice (as well as some funny stuff, too) this forum is the real deal. My :twocents:!

David1tontj

Fair enough but, being that this is really a matter of me and how I choose to run my forum, I do find it amusing that you chose to make this a thread rather than share your concerns directly by PM. Just keeping it real.

LOL!! Hang on, let's be brutally honest here for a sec. Just because you don't like what I may have to say about a product doesn't mean it's "trash talking" but even if it is, what do you or anyone really care? I mean, unless you have some kind of vested interest in the company in question, why would you care what anyone thinks about what you've chosen to buy and run on your Jeep? It's your money - your Jeep. :naw:

Please forgive the delayed responses today- I try to catch up on my breaks.

I seriously considered a pm. The only reason I didn't was that you have made it very clear that this is an open forum where things stay out for everyone to see. Also- it wasn't directly to you- more the forum as a whole. People tend to jump on the bandwagon and "take a few swings". I'm just letting people know where I stand on that. If this would have been better as a pm, my apologies. You could even lock the thread and give me a call. I'm not angry, and won't come unglued. Again- that's not what this thread was intended for.

As far as parts that I have vested interest in..... My jeep doesn't have real parts. Haha. It's ..... Well- you've seen it- "homemade" 😁

Top Bottom