What I love about commuting in a lifted Jeep...

jesse3638

Hooked
When I pull right behind someone in my lifted truck and I see it lights up their cab and mirrors... I shut them off. Then back on as we start to roll. I get thumbs up & waves all the time.... I’ll show the same courtesy when I lift my Jeep.
I do the same in drive thrus or in traffic. Honestly I don't think most people realize it's bright in their. Just like the people who insist on driving behind someone with their high beams on.
Sometimes you need just a little bit more ....

View attachment 284589
Reminds me of the opening sequence of Back to the Future...haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I do the same in drive thrus or in traffic. Honestly I don't think most people realize it's bright in their. Just like the people who insist on driving behind someone with their high beams on.

Reminds me of the opening sequence of Back to the Future...haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_3691.JPG

Rent this next movie night.

SJCJK

You guess that makes that person an asshole? I've ended up parked upside down over a guardrail in a jeep before because someone cut me off. It makes that person an asshole in my book.

I've never gave anyone the brights but I have no problem with people letting bad drivers know that they are endangering their and possibly their families welfare.

I tend to agree. I leave a good 1-2 second gap... because, well big tires, heavy car, physics. And then someone hops in there. I have never brighted, but yea it’s not the safest spot for them to be.

I do like the idea of turning off my lights at a stop light. Will keep that in mind.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
door dings are non-existent, unless it is from another lifted vehicle all they will hit is tire or slider.

JohnnyBanks

Translation: Hey, I bought all of these lights so I have to show how much of a badass I am. Why do people with multiple unnecessary light bars turn an innocent hi-beam flash into a "my dick is bigger than yours" contest? Its gay.
Lololol it was on the jeep when I got it and meh it Stuck. At least I'm not rolling on stock gears n axles[emoji41] [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rich-dastardly

Since we are on the topic of flashing light bars, I'll share a little story. On my way to work last year I always pass a long straight stretch of road just outside of town. It was still dark for my drive so I had my brights on, at the far end of the straight was another vehicle so I dimmed my lights, they did not return the favor. So a few seconds pass and I turned my brights back on, then they dimmed thier lights, only to turn them back on after a few more seconds pass. This is when I decided it was time to bust out the big guns, I flashed my light bar few just a second, and I could see that the oncoming car was a Charger with a light bar of his own, except when he turned his on it was red and blue!
It is not a good idea to be an asshole.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Since we are on the topic of flashing light bars, I'll share a little story. On my way to work last year I always pass a long straight stretch of road just outside of town. It was still dark for my drive so I had my brights on, at the far end of the straight was another vehicle so I dimmed my lights, they did not return the favor. So a few seconds pass and I turned my brights back on, then they dimmed thier lights, only to turn them back on after a few more seconds pass. This is when I decided it was time to bust out the big guns, I flashed my light bar few just a second, and I could see that the oncoming car was a Charger with a light bar of his own, except when he turned his on it was red and blue!

Lol, that’s funny. How much did that set you back?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

HAHA! That's awesome.

I had something similar, but instead of flashing oncoming traffic for blinding me, I gave the customary quick-flash to signal a cop ahead. Unfortunately, the 3rd guy I did that to was another cop! He didn't appreciate my warning

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately, I don't have a commute to work but one of the best parts about driving a lifted Jeep in traffic is being able to see over everyone and see what's coming your way... even if it's the same ol' shit :rolleyes2:

20171202140944-fd17fac9-me.jpg

Top Bottom