What problems does your Jeep have this week?

JKbrick

I have had death wobble a week ago so I tightened all the bolts and haven't had it come back but the last couple of days once in awhile when I turn left I hear a pop. Last night I found this? Should I just sand it to bare metal and weld it?
View attachment 270058 View attachment 270059

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_1040.JPG
Honestly this bracket is probably why your mount broke. You should remove the bracket and get your mount welded. It puts too much leverage on the mount when you lower it. But by removing this mount you may need to raise the other end, can't see the whole front end steering system

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly this bracket is probably why your mount broke. You should remove the bracket and get your mount welded. It puts too much leverage on the mount when you lower it. But by removing this mount you may need to raise the other end, can't see the whole front end steering system

Agreed! Real common break and cause of death wobble. The drop bracket creates way too much leverage and should be removed in place of a good axle side relocation bracket that gets welded on. The frame side bracket can be welded back together but I might add a bit of extra metal for reinforcement.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Oops. Took a bad line in a rush and tagged my driveshaft. Needed a new one anyway so not to upset. Glad I didn't make this mistake with the new driveshaft in place.

IMG_5876.jpg

MrEmmDubya

I have had my tires balanced 4 times and they still can't get it right. Each time they balance them they tell me each one is off. The last time I asked that they strip off all the weights and balance them. 2 times at one place and the last at another. The last place road force balanced them. Arggggg, the tires only have 7000 miles on them. They tell me they balance fine.....DRIVING ME ABSOLUTLY NUTS....

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have had my tires balanced 4 times and they still can't get it right. Each time they balance them they tell me each one is off. The last time I asked that they strip off all the weights and balance them. 2 times at one place and the last at another. The last place road force balanced them. Arggggg, the tires only have 7000 miles on them. They tell me they balance fine.....DRIVING ME ABSOLUTLY NUTS....

What's your symptoms. Does your steering wheel wobble sided to side? It could be something esle that's loose in your suspension.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I feel it in the floor and the steering wheel. Starts about 51mph. Shimmy back and forth. The Jeep only has 18000 on it.

I had a pretty bad shimmy when my factory ball joints were worn out. I could be a number of things. If you feel vibration, it could be caused by something in the drive line also, like a drive shaft, or bad u joint somewhere. I had problems with unbalanced balanced tires before , good shop should be able to get it done right, usually discount tires guys are pretty good.
Give this a read as well
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...s-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it

MrEmmDubya

Doesn't feel like anything is loose in the front end, but then again I'm not sure I could tell unless it was really loose. I'm throwing in the towel and going to take it to the dealership. The trouble with that is unless something is obvious they will go right for a tire balance, I'm afraid I'm going to be In for several visits where they do all the initial things before we get down to what's up.....

Sahara_Maverick

My passenger seat belt light is on. Cannot figure out why.
It's like when we have something not heavy enough on the seat to activate the system and the light turns on.
Unless there's a heavy ghost there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

Thinking about changing my order to a 1310 Adams instead of the 1350? I will be staying on 35's and stock ruby 44. Am I making the right decision here? About $180 difference.

So I'm running a 1310 Adams driveshaft in my jkur on 37s. I haven't had any issues yet and just wheeled in Colorado and moab to finally get to put it to the real test so I'm not upset with my choice.
That's my .02, might not be what you want or need though so just something to mull over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OhNoTheJiggies

I did shear off 2 bolt heads on my raceline beadlock, bent one of my wheels on the inner lip, blew the little airline coming out of my viar tank mid airing up, my breaker for my switch system failed completely and won't reset, rear locker started sticking(fixed temporarily with flathead through fill port), pinch seam wasn't trimmed enough so I cut up my rear tires a little(then fixed it with a BFH)

CharlesC

So I'm running a 1310 Adams driveshaft in my jkur on 37s. I haven't had any issues yet and just wheeled in Colorado and moab to finally get to put it to the real test so I'm not upset with my choice.
That's my .02, might not be what you want or need though so just something to mull over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Appreciate the feed back, I was just pissed on my mistake on the TF bandage and newbie mistake. I impulsed ordered biggest baddest sumbitch out there 1350!! (W/Beer in hand)...24 hrs later, I have No intentions on different lift or tire size, so I think 1310 is the way to go! -Order on hold - Not saying I wouldn't like 40's and a set of bad ass axels, she deserves it! But...

Also, thanks supercell for the "it's enough" comment yesterday. Point taken! lol [emoji109]WAL[emoji109]

Last edited:
Top Bottom