What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Sullivan

Broke an axle shaft and just figured out that it took out the rear ARB locker with it. Yea!!!
Dynatrac ball joints need rebuilding
RCV's are worn out so they need it too
Front axle seal is leaking
Other then those, it's a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I experianced the death wobble. A friend and I checked the front end. Turning the wheel side to side and you can definatley feel the drag link joint closes to drop pitman arm has side to side movement. I also raised the front tire off the ground a little and uses a prybar to move the front tires up and down. I could see barley little movment of the ball joints upper and lower. I did torq everything. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't do anything beacaues I modified the steering stabilizer location. Well then i went bolistic on them and basically from what I can gather they don't want the responsiblity if they can't get it right. They ending the conversation by saying we will replace the draglink but we can't promise anything and that I can't hold it to them. My thinking is let them replace it and by doing that they own the problem. My jeep is a 16 WW with 28,800 miles on it. The only thing I have done to the suspension is EVO leveling kit.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I experianced the death wobble. A friend and I checked the front end. Turning the wheel side to side and you can definatley feel the drag link joint closes to drop pitman arm has side to side movement. I also raised the front tire off the ground a little and uses a prybar to move the front tires up and down. I could see barley little movment of the ball joints upper and lower. I did torq everything. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't do anything beacaues I modified the steering stabilizer location. Well then i went bolistic on them and basically from what I can gather they don't want the responsiblity if they can't get it right. They ending the conversation by saying we will replace the draglink but we can't promise anything and that I can't hold it to them. My thinking is let them replace it and by doing that they own the problem. My jeep is a 16 WW with 28,800 miles on it. The only thing I have done to the suspension is EVO leveling kit.

Give this a read
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...s-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug

So..... your Jeep has a problem.... you took it to dealer.... dealer says they won't fix it because you modded it..... they agreed to replace parts for what I assume to be free after you threw a fit, but they can't promise to fix it..... but you're going to pin the problem on them when you get it back anyway?

That sounds like a great plan. :naw:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
So..... your Jeep has a problem.... you took it to dealer.... dealer says they won't fix it because you modded it..... they agreed to replace parts for what I assume to be free after you threw a fit, but they can't promise to fix it..... but you're going to pin the problem on them when you get it back anyway?

That sounds like a great plan. :naw:

I think the best thing to do is to trade the Jeep in and get a new one [emoji854]

Jackal01

Bolistic. Lol.

Ok, guy. Solid plan.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I think the best thing to do is to trade the Jeep in and get a new one [emoji854]

Trade it in, and then blame the dealer for the first Jeep having death wobble and forcing you to financially burden yourself with more debt causing your marriage to go to shit, you losing everything you own, you falling into a downward spiral of lots of crystal meth and cocaine.

All could have been prevented if the first Jeep didn't have death wobble!

Hahaha!! That was funny. I know its not the best plan. Just talking out load. If they don't fix it I will replace it with better parts myself. I just thought it was crap how they were going about it and wanted to point it out. Thought maybe someone would have advise how to deal with the dealer or if anyone had similar experience with the dealer. And yes it was a heated conversation with them. I'm not that experience with the issue.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Hahaha!! That was funny. I know its not the best plan. Just talking out load. If they don't fix it I will replace it with better parts myself. I just thought it was crap how they were going about it and wanted to point it out. Thought maybe someone would have advise how to deal with the dealer or if anyone had similar experience with the dealer. And yes it was a heated conversation with them. I'm not that experience with the issue.

So, do you really have "death wobble", or a vibration in the steering? Death wobble will make you never want to drive your Jeep again. Lots of people confuse it with a minor shimmy in the front end. Completely different things

So, do you really have "death wobble", or a vibration in the steering? Death wobble will make you never want to drive your Jeep again. Lots of people confuse it with a minor shimmy in the front end. Completely different things

Yes it went into full blown death wobble twice. The last time my friend was driving next to me and saw it first hand. He also had experience with death wobble in his jeep in the past.

jeffj

Caught the Bug

People like you is why they don't want to work on it. Its your jeep, own it.

Ddays

Hooked

Haha, just thinking out load here, but if you saw the problem why didn't you just replace the worn parts yourself in the first place? If I was the dealer I woulda told you to get bent. How are parts wearing because of modifications YOU made the dealers fault? And you're mad at the dealer even after you made a scene and he agreed to replace parts? :thinking:

Haha, just thinking out load here, but if you saw the problem why didn't you just replace the worn parts yourself in the first place? If I was the dealer I woulda told you to get bent. How are parts wearing because of modifications YOU made the dealers fault? And you're mad at the dealer even after you made a scene and he agreed to replace parts? :thinking:

So if a paticular part the wears out that I didn't motify your saying I should not have ask the dealer to fix under warranty? So changing the SS location that i did cause other parts to wear and cause death wobble. If thats the reason then i guess your right.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I do think something is wrong with your Jeep, no doubt about that. Do I think it's the drag link? No. Regardless, you shouldn't have the dealer replace one part and then blame them for other wrong parts.

It sounds like you installed a lift. Was it installed correctly? I would be more inclined to think the control arms, track bar, etc., are loose and/or installed wrong rather than the drag link. If the drag link were loose, you would have sloppy steering... but I don't think your axle would move around a lot.

I do think something is wrong with your Jeep, no doubt about that. Do I think it's the drag link? No. Regardless, you shouldn't have the dealer replace one part and then blame them for other wrong parts.

It sounds like you installed a lift. Was it installed correctly? I would be more inclined to think the control arms, track bar, etc., are loose and/or installed wrong rather than the drag link. If the drag link were loose, you would have sloppy steering... but I don't think your axle would move around a lot.

The drag link was the only thing that I could visibly see that had side to side movement. That's why I mention it to the dealer. The dealer still has the jeep. I brought it in for death wobble and told them what I had saw with the drag link and a little ball joint movement. I went in assuming they were going to tell me what's causing it. They came back and said they test drove it and nothing was wrong. So I took the dealer mechanic with me on a road that I knew will send it into death wobble and it it did about half way but he definitely got the picture and agreed there is something definitely wrong. The reason I got mad was after the test drive with the mechanic they first blamed my big tires. I said and they are the factory rubicon wheels and tires. Then they said it's because I modified the SS which I did. Now I did install the EVO Leveling kit front spring and spacer in the rear about a year ago and everything has been great up until now. I never disassembled anything as far as track bar or control arms when installing the spring. The jeep drove great. I checked torq and they seemed fine. Nothing ever bound up. Now I guess my question is with what I have done to the jeep so far I was wrong for taking it in for warranty on this issue? I took in because the dealer is the one that told me we only warranty the factory parts not aftermarket that I installed. I have no problem owning my own issue. I'm just confused now. I go to this dealer for all my oil changes and this is where I bought my jeep. Any advise would be appreciated? Thanks.

madstiles

The drag link was the only thing that I could visibly see that had side to side movement. That's why I mention it to the dealer. The dealer still has the jeep. I brought it in for death wobble and told them what I had saw with the drag link and a little ball joint movement. I went in assuming they were going to tell me what's causing it. They came back and said they test drove it and nothing was wrong. So I took the dealer mechanic with me on a road that I knew will send it into death wobble and it it did about half way but he definitely got the picture and agreed there is something definitely wrong. The reason I got mad was after the test drive with the mechanic they first blamed my big tires. I said and they are the factory rubicon wheels and tires. Then they said it's because I modified the SS which I did. Now I did install the EVO Leveling kit front spring and spacer in the rear about a year ago and everything has been great up until now. I never disassembled anything as far as track bar or control arms when installing the spring. The jeep drove great. I checked torq and they seemed fine. Nothing ever bound up. Now I guess my question is with what I have done to the jeep so far I was wrong for taking it in for warranty on this issue? I took in because the dealer is the one that told me we only warranty the factory parts not aftermarket that I installed. I have no problem owning my own issue. I'm just confused now. I go to this dealer for all my oil changes and this is where I bought my jeep. Any advise would be appreciated? Thanks.

Maybe take the aftermarket stuff off and if it still does it take it to them. Besides that a dealer is going to screw you the first chance they get in my experience. You might try a different dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jknikos

You said you put a lift and you didnt mess with trackbar or control arms. You should torque your CAs and tracbar to the new height and the correct torque. They should get untorqued and then retorque at the new sitting height.

Sent from my LG-D855 using WAYALIFE mobile app

FallonJeeper

IMG_20170904_120054.jpeg

After 7 years of off road race chase support, rock crawling, mud dragging, trail riding and daily driving,my springs have stretched to the point that my shackle collapses when I hit a good bump. New springs and shocks on the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom