What problems does your Jeep have this week?

madstiles

Is that the rear? There are some good weld on replacements out there, the JKS one I used wraps clear around the axle tube to the front. You can grind out that crack and weld it then the JKS uses it for position.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
It's the front and I was able to bugger weld it don't know how long it will hold though lol I've been looking at options but haven't decided yet because I would feel more comfortable cutting all the old crap off and starting over. Every weld was cracked also the plating...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
So I've been having two issues which may be related. First problem is my front driver brake caliper is sticking. Second problem is that I'm getting slop in my steering. Not sure if they're related and I haven't checked my ball joints yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dhughes16

My driver seatbelt sensor won’t register when it’s buckled. I know it’s the sensor because when I buckle up it flickers off then on when I get it in the “sweet spot” then comes back off when I let it catch. From what I’ve looked up I’d have to replace the whole mechanism. Anyone have a similar issue before?

TrailHunter

Hooked
My driver seatbelt sensor won’t register when it’s buckled. I know it’s the sensor because when I buckle up it flickers off then on when I get it in the “sweet spot” then comes back off when I let it catch. From what I’ve looked up I’d have to replace the whole mechanism. Anyone have a similar issue before?

If you are getting the unbuckled chime as well, you can shut that off.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Did it happen after moderate or hard wheeling? Likely a bent housing. Hard to say for sure.
Thought I replied and was going to follow up but don't see my reply... Oops. It did happen after a day of moderate wheeling.. I ended up taking it to the dealership and they covered it under warranty. They just replaced the seals and all seems well.... It's not leaking, I guess it'll hold out. Do you think they would have caught a bent housing?

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Traction control turning on.. fixed axle shaft, rear abs and one unit bearing. Replacing the other one soon.. should be replacing tie rod ends today.

WJCO

Meme King
Thought I replied and was going to follow up but don't see my reply... Oops. It did happen after a day of moderate wheeling.. I ended up taking it to the dealership and they covered it under warranty. They just replaced the seals and all seems well.... It's not leaking, I guess it'll hold out. Do you think they would have caught a bent housing?

From everyone I've seen that did have a bent housing, it wasn't really visible, so I would hope that the seals fixed it and you're good to go.

Breer

Caught the Bug
From everyone I've seen that did have a bent housing, it wasn't really visible, so I would hope that the seals fixed it and you're good to go.
Already saving for the PR44... Just might need to get a little more aggressive with the piggy bank then. Thanks for the reply!

RedPool

Had a minor oil leak coming down back of oil pan on the JK. Had pan gasket and, GASP!, RMS replaced. Glad it is still under coverage.

Edit: Also found a rattle coming from the back area of the JKU, Pinpointed to the gate latch area. No detectable wiggle in the hinges (still on stock wheels/tires and carrier). Will need to check all components of the latch itself.

Last edited:

Sahara_Maverick

Weird stuff on my 07 JKU. Either the transmission or the engine have some kind of hiccup at 1500 rpm if I'm on a slight slope going up and sometimes even flat. It could be either the engine misfiring or the tranny struggling to shift.
If I push the trottle and rpm goes up it appears that it shifts and everything is fine. However, the engine tents to lower the rpm again and it starts the hiccups again.
I'll see if there are error codes during the weekend.
Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

HoosierWolf

Clicking ball joints. Looks like upgrading them just moved up the list. Guy I know is trying to talk me into Moogs. I'm considering biting the bullet and getting Dynatracs. Either one will be a big upgrade over stock.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Looks like oil pressure sensor is dead. 20171110_082353[1].jpg
Does anyone know exactly what P06DD is? Best I could gather is the oil pump is stuck in low pressure mode. That at least explains the Limp Mode.

Top Bottom