What problems does your Jeep have this week?

BaddestCross

I was crossing the Tank Trap at Ocotillo Wells 4X4 playground. I high centered on the tall pipe, and tried harder than I should have to get out.
Turned full lock right, reverse, and it was twisting like I might make it, then the right front caught a rock, causing the telltale "snap".

After I broke, I winched out, drove the 1/4 mile to camp, and swapped my spare axle in.

If I was on a trail, I would have winched or jacked my way out without trying so hard, hopefully way before then.

That said, I'm considering a fuel tank skid plate. Mine is concave, and instead of sliding across an obstacle, I seem to get hung with the rock nestled in the crater in the center.
Glad you had a spare! 👍

Was it a factory shaft that broke or what were you running?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Sorry I don't have pictures. After installing my SwitchPros module to my fire wall behind the battery on my 2011 JKU, I notice a grounding wire hanging down. (It's about 12" long with a ring terminal on each end, like flat braided with no insulation) One end attached to fire wall behind the battery . Anybody know where it might of come loose from? I was thinking maybe the engine block or frame ? But not sure where. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks

Bump.. Sorry I realize this might be in the wrong thread. Been searching around the forum and the web with no luck. Anybody know where I might find a good diagram for a 2011 JKU grounding or wiring? Thanks

Moochie

Sorry I don't have pictures. After installing my SwitchPros module to my fire wall behind the battery on my 2011 JKU, I notice a grounding wire hanging down. (It's about 12" long with a ring terminal on each end, like flat braided with no insulation) One end attached to fire wall behind the battery . Anybody know where it might of come loose from? I was thinking maybe the engine block or frame ? But not sure where. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks

On mine there used to be a ground strap connected to the hood from the firewall. I don’t have one anymore.

longarmwj

Battery light came on yesterday morning then went off. Came back on this morning and the windshield wipers were moving slower than normal. Yay. Gonna check the terminals when I get home after work. Make sure one isn’t loose.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not Ready for prime time
Failed my emissions test due to a couple sensors “not ready”. I had just fixed a evap leak and removed the neg terminal on the battery to clear the code. I didn’t know that would cause a problem. They gave me a 9 step process drive cycle that’s pretty funny, includes “drive 20 to 25 mph for 22 minutes. I thought I was on candid camera. Does anyone know the 2011 JK specific drive cycle?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Not Ready for prime time
Failed my emissions test due to a couple sensors “not ready”. I had just fixed a evap leak and removed the neg terminal on the battery to clear the code. I didn’t know that would cause a problem. They gave me a 9 step process drive cycle that’s pretty funny, includes “drive 20 to 25 mph for 22 minutes. I thought I was on candid camera. Does anyone know the 2011 JK specific drive cycle?

This happened to me after replacing the engine in my WJ. I went back 3 times after driving it about 150 miles with no luck. It kept saying 'monitors not ready.'

However, they were only doing the obdii test because I had 35inch tires and they couldn't run it on their rollers. After the 3rd time, I went home and put my wife's 33s on and then went back. They drove it on their rollers and it passed fine.

Are they giving you the same test because of larger tires? If so, see if you can find a cheap set or borrow some to temporarily swap. Or see if there is an emissions testing facility that will allow for a driving rack for larger tires. We have one but it's about 45 minutes away from me.

This happened to me after replacing the engine in my WJ. I went back 3 times after driving it about 150 miles with no luck. It kept saying 'monitors not ready.'

However, they were only doing the obdii test because I had 35inch tires and they couldn't run it on their rollers. After the 3rd time, I went home and put my wife's 33s on and then went back. They drove it on their rollers and it passed fine.

Are they giving you the same test because of larger tires? If so, see if you can find a cheap set or borrow some to temporarily swap. Or see if there is an emissions testing facility that will allow for a driving rack for larger tires. We have one but it's about 45 minutes away from me.

Thanks! I wouldn’t have thought of that. They were doing the test without getting on the rollers. I found a list of drive cycles to get the sensors “Ready”. I’ll give that a shot and if it works I’ll post them up. If not I’ll borrow some tires.

Turbo21

Tore out the front driveshaft while wheeling. Was the stock shaft. New one will be here next week.

IMG_6557.jpg
IMG_6554.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom