What problems does your Jeep have this week?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I had the right of way on a right hand turn, when some idiot came flying in on a left turn in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, and barely missed him. Since we didn't hit, I kept driving. A mile down the road, as I approached backed up rush hour traffic, I realized my brakes were out. I managed to clutch brake my way into a sports bar parking lot (hey, there're worse places to break down...) and got out. Sure enough, the front passenger brake hose blew. Had to have it towed home. Just ordered some Omix front hoses, since the drivers side is pretty corroded too. I'll likely have to do the rears soon, also.
As annoyed as i am, I'm glad it happened in a way which ended safely. Had that line blown a couple months from now, it would be on a frozen road, and the outcome would likely be much worse. View attachment 314070

I just had the same thing just happen last weekend on my 2010, only it was the drivers side that blew. View attachment 314142

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do you guys do maintenance once in a vehicles lifetime? Holy shit.

jdofmemi

Oops.
Testing the warranty on the 10 Factory front axles

Attachments

• IMG_20181028_073910.jpg
    IMG_20181028_073910.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20181028_073855.jpg
    IMG_20181028_073855.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 122

WJCO

Meme King
Looks to me like that line was rusting for awhile. Then when you hit the brakes hard, the pressure overcame an area that was probably rusted deeper and the line just breached.

Rear diff needs to get entirely rebuilt. Bearing went followed by the internals. My hunch is it was a preexisting problem that wasn’t noticeable until I replaced the driveshaft. Spent a solid 2 hours just trying to pull the stock from the yoke and even with a puller another hour getting that off. Also mention of something possibly being elongated but no clue what that could be about...

jdofmemi

Damn. What happened?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Skinny Pedal?

I was crossing the Tank Trap at Ocotillo Wells 4X4 playground. I high centered on the tall pipe, and tried harder than I should have to get out.
Turned full lock right, reverse, and it was twisting like I might make it, then the right front caught a rock, causing the telltale "snap".

After I broke, I winched out, drove the 1/4 mile to camp, and swapped my spare axle in.

If I was on a trail, I would have winched or jacked my way out without trying so hard, hopefully way before then.

That said, I'm considering a fuel tank skid plate. Mine is concave, and instead of sliding across an obstacle, I seem to get hung with the rock nestled in the crater in the center.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was crossing the Tank Trap at Ocotillo Wells 4X4 playground. I high centered on the tall pipe, and tried harder than I should have to get out.
Turned full lock right, reverse, and it was twisting like I might make it, then the right front caught a rock, causing the telltale "snap".

After I broke, I winched out, drove the 1/4 mile to camp, and swapped my spare axle in.

If I was on a trail, I would have winched or jacked my way out without trying so hard, hopefully way before then.

That said, I'm considering a fuel tank skid plate. Mine is concave, and instead of sliding across an obstacle, I seem to get hung with the rock nestled in the crater in the center.

Damn Pipes... lol.. I’ve been thinking about a tank skid too...

Top Bottom