What problems does your Jeep have this week?

dillard09

Thread bump...
So here is my current problem. So this is the drivers side rear upper control arm frame mount. Seen a small crack on it before the Rubicon and Barrett lake trip this past week. Didnt have time or a welder to be able to do anything about it before heading off. I think it got worse...🤪

Attachments

• 20180913_205402.jpg
    20180913_205402.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 20180913_205321.jpg
    20180913_205321.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 20180913_205123.jpg
    20180913_205123.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 20180913_205045.jpg
    20180913_205045.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 235

dillard09

Looks like it finished the Rubicon hanging on by tooth and toenail.

Glad you made it back safe

I'm back at work and my girl is sitting in my garage so I havent had a chance to really look at her but I think the bolt is the only thing keeping it together now. I think if i pull the bolt the bracket will fall off.

RedPool

Shocks. Yay.

Going out to the Jeep and see a small puddle under it. It didn’t take long to see the culprit. Should have went straight to Fox from thebget go. Thing was bubbling while sitting still.

Attachments

• AA1D5052-7BA7-471B-9C97-35A8BA680426.jpg
    AA1D5052-7BA7-471B-9C97-35A8BA680426.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 166

RedPool

What shocks are those?
Pro Comp Pro Runners. They have a lifetime warranty on them but after just shy of 2 years, I have to replace both front and 1 rear. The bad rear was previously replaced around march of this year. The pictured shock is by far the worst. The other 2 bad ones have the same issue but on a much lesser scale.

I pick up my Fox shocks on Saturday.

TomJK

Cut off and blown out

I had the right of way on a right hand turn, when some idiot came flying in on a left turn in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, and barely missed him. Since we didn't hit, I kept driving. A mile down the road, as I approached backed up rush hour traffic, I realized my brakes were out. I managed to clutch brake my way into a sports bar parking lot (hey, there're worse places to break down...) and got out. Sure enough, the front passenger brake hose blew. Had to have it towed home. Just ordered some Omix front hoses, since the drivers side is pretty corroded too. I'll likely have to do the rears soon, also.
As annoyed as i am, I'm glad it happened in a way which ended safely. Had that line blown a couple months from now, it would be on a frozen road, and the outcome would likely be much worse. WP_20181031_17_04_19_Pro.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked
I had the right of way on a right hand turn, when some idiot came flying in on a left turn in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, and barely missed him. Since we didn't hit, I kept driving. A mile down the road, as I approached backed up rush hour traffic, I realized my brakes were out. I managed to clutch brake my way into a sports bar parking lot (hey, there're worse places to break down...) and got out. Sure enough, the front passenger brake hose blew. Had to have it towed home. Just ordered some Omix front hoses, since the drivers side is pretty corroded too. I'll likely have to do the rears soon, also.
As annoyed as i am, I'm glad it happened in a way which ended safely. Had that line blown a couple months from now, it would be on a frozen road, and the outcome would likely be much worse. View attachment 314070

Damn. You got lucky. And perfect time to throw some new shocks on her too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Braided ground wire?

Sorry I don't have pictures. After installing my SwitchPros module to my fire wall behind the battery on my 2011 JKU, I notice a grounding wire hanging down. (It's about 12" long with a ring terminal on each end, like flat braided with no insulation) One end attached to fire wall behind the battery . Anybody know where it might of come loose from? I was thinking maybe the engine block or frame ? But not sure where. Everything seems to be working fine. Thanks

I finally got my rear lower adjustable control arms installed. Went to adjust the uppers to set the angle and my passenger side won't turn. Bad part was I had already adjusted the streetside. So I had to go back and reset that side again because I could move the curbside. I tried using a big pipe wrench with a breaker bar and still no luck. I'm guessing heat might be my next option, but afraid it will burn up the joint.

Edit:
Contacted RE and they are sending me a new control arm.

Last edited:
A grinding noise when coasting... which wound up sending me to the hospital. Landlord shut the water off to the exterior so ran a hose to the sink in basement in an effort to wash down anything that worked it’s way into the wheel on the trail yesterday. Rag-dolled down the whole flight of steps. Nothing broken but muscle spasms and swelling causing my spine to straighten resulting in numbness and tingling on my whole right side.

Not my day [emoji17] especially if the noise is something else

Jsouder53

Hooked
A grinding noise when coasting... which wound up sending me to the hospital. Landlord shut the water off to the exterior so ran a hose to the sink in basement in an effort to wash down anything that worked it’s way into the wheel on the trail yesterday. Rag-dolled down the whole flight of steps. Nothing broken but muscle spasms and swelling causing my spine to straighten resulting in numbness and tingling on my whole right side.

Sorry to hear that! I’m glad nothing is broken at least! Back and neck injuries are nothing to take lightly...

TrailHunter

Hooked

Damn... thats rough.

loonies

I just had the same thing just happen last weekend on my 2010, only it was the drivers side that blew. IMG_7133.JPG

Top Bottom