What problems does your Jeep have this week?

bigcale

Caught the Bug
With the fearless way you drive off-road, I can't see how that happened.

Only smacked the gigantic rear muffler twice, I swear. I think it is more from ripping down fire roads more than the wheeling, that and maybe the JKUR springs that I am using for a lift. Need to decide on some softer set up.

dillard09

Well my gas tank skid is once again hitting my rear driveshaft. Dropped transfer case skid and driveshaft and beat it away again on the trail. Going to take a cutoff and trim that part of the gas tank skid. Think that should solve that.
20180127_140756.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedPool

Took another rock off the windshield. No way to live with this one. It hit right next to a couple other small cracks and crosses over the bottom right corner, edge to edge. The new one should be installed on Wednesday. Of all the problems that I have had, I think this one troubles me the most. Mainly because it will definitely happen again. Yay.

rmilobrown

IMG_20180205_201512.jpg
Oops! Time for a new SS and a relocation bracket! BTW, I bought this used from a dealer. Can you guys tell by the pic if the first owner installed exhaust spacers?

HAPPYTRAILS

BaddestCross

Changing the oil today and found that my trans cooler lines are leaking up front. I was gonna get replacement lines, but I want to get an aux cooler, so seeing as though funds are a bit light, I picked up some TC hose and I'll just cut out the bad factory fittings and do a temp fix for now. 😬

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

HoosierWolf

Radio got wet in a rain storm. Shorted out. Quit working. Pretty sure it drained my battery so maybe the battery isn't actually dead but I need to replace it anyway so that's on the way.

Radio has started working again even though the jeep won't start. Ugh. Still need to pull it and at the very least ship swap the harness with Crutchfield. Probably still need to have the radio repaired. The power button sticks and I don't trust it since I think it drained the battery.

Really I'm happy that I get a better battery because the winch was going to kill my 5 year old factory battery. So that's kind of an upside. I'm not happy that I have to rip apart my dash board again for a stereo I've grown to dislike. The real kicker is that my wife's boss who just got a TJ for his son is meeting us for dinner and is bringing their jeep and of course my jeep won't start. Seriously, that's the part that actually pisses me off. Its the weekend and I can't take my jeep tonight. I know the steak and beer will just not taste the same tonight.

*update* Radio dried out and works fine now well, the harness is likely still bad but at least the radio works and is no longer draining the batter. Kid up the street has a bad battery so I'll probably give him my old one if it will fit in his car once I get the new one swapped in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom