What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Spazbyt

Hooked
Dropped the diff cover and found most of my spider gears are badly chipped. I didn't find a single chunk of steel in the bottom of the diff though. The fluid wasn't noticeable metallic either. I dont recall any snap crackle pop last time I went wheeling so I'm hoping it makes it till I have the funds for a regear and lockers. 20191231_103212.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Looks like my battery is on it's way out. Was looking to replace it with this;

X2Power Premium AGM BCI Group 34 Car and Truck Battery

SLI34AGMDP

653753.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dropped the diff cover and found most of my spider gears are badly chipped. I didn't find a single chunk of steel in the bottom of the diff though. The fluid wasn't noticeable metallic either. I dont recall any snap crackle pop last time I went wheeling so I'm hoping it makes it till I have the funds for a regear and lockers. View attachment 339363

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like some cracking going on there too, might not want to wait on that. Assuming the carrier is the same size for your current ratio as your future one, might want to get that locker now. Or I'm sure someone here has extra spiders laying around.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
I did something stupid today. While changing rear brakes, I decided to mess with my rear sway bar disconnects. I saw it on some YouTube video for removing them, so clearly this was a great idea. They were in bad enough shape that the Allen key area to keep the bushing in place stripped. So I got it loose, but then the screw into the bushing turned a couple of times. Did I kill the bushing? I managed to tighten it back down, so is it okay to drive the 30-40 mph to the dealership about 12 miles away? I’m not going to have the dealership install. I just want to pick up new stock ones and reinstall myself, so I’m open to opinions on aftermarket rear sway bar disconnects if anyone has some advice... besides telling me I shouldn’t have touched them in the first place.
I’m trying to learn how to do more with the Jeep, this was clearly something I just wasn’t supposed to touch today.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I did something stupid today. While changing rear brakes, I decided to mess with my rear sway bar disconnects. I saw it on some YouTube video for removing them, so clearly this was a great idea. They were in bad enough shape that the Allen key area to keep the bushing in place stripped. So I got it loose, but then the screw into the bushing turned a couple of times. Did I kill the bushing? I managed to tighten it back down, so is it okay to drive the 30-40 mph to the dealership about 12 miles away? I’m not going to have the dealership install. I just want to pick up new stock ones and reinstall myself, so I’m open to opinions on aftermarket rear sway bar disconnects if anyone has some advice... besides telling me I shouldn’t have touched them in the first place.
I’m trying to learn how to do more with the Jeep, this was clearly something I just wasn’t supposed to touch today.

Why you wanna disconnect the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

CalSgt

Hooked

Someone would probably give you a set of take off stock sway bar links for next to nothing...

Also disconnecting front and rear sway bar at the same time gets super sketchy, I've seen guys get excessive body roll just turning around in a camp site with no sway bars.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Someone would probably give you a set of take off stock sway bar links for next to nothing...

Also disconnecting front and rear sway bar at the same time gets super sketchy, I've seen guys get excessive body roll just turning around in a camp site with no sway bars.

I’ll see if anyone around has some stock. Thanks.
All are connected. I managed to tighten the rear one (drivers side) back up, but I was wondering if I ruined the bushing.

RedPool

According to the service dept at my local dealer, fuel injectors and an O2 sensor. About 900 mile on a new Jeep, I heard an odd tapping. They saw no error codes and said they couldn't find anything wrong. At ~1200 miles, CEL comes on and dealer says it is an air fuel mixture issue but they can not locate or replicate the issue. They also said the odd tapping was normal because the JLs are louder than the JKs. At roughly ~1850 miles, I get another CEL. This time they say it is the injectors and O2 sensor. I take it in Monday and am told they have to order parts, it will be ready Tuesday. Tuesday they say the parts didn't come in and it will be started first thing Wednesday and can be picked up that day. Wednesday, today, they call me at about 2 PM and tell me they are just starting it and it may not be ready until tomorrow.

JKbrick

According to the service dept at my local dealer, fuel injectors and an O2 sensor. About 900 mile on a new Jeep, I heard an odd tapping. They saw no error codes and said they couldn't find anything wrong. At ~1200 miles, CEL comes on and dealer says it is an air fuel mixture issue but they can not locate or replicate the issue. They also said the odd tapping was normal because the JLs are louder than the JKs. At roughly ~1850 miles, I get another CEL. This time they say it is the injectors and O2 sensor. I take it in Monday and am told they have to order parts, it will be ready Tuesday. Tuesday they say the parts didn't come in and it will be started first thing Wednesday and can be picked up that day. Wednesday, today, they call me at about 2 PM and tell me they are just starting it and it may not be ready until tomorrow.

I hope they gave you a rental

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well that sucks. As mentioned, I hope they're at least helping you out with a rental.

RedPool

I hope they gave you a rental

Well that sucks. As mentioned, I hope they're at least helping you out with a rental.

They gave me a little Cherokee to drive. Can't stand the thing but it does get me where I need to go. Last update on the JL was that they were wrapping it up at end of day and wanted to test drive and verify things in the morning. They claim it should be ready by 10 am. The absolute worst part of this is the service guy not not calling when he says he will and when he does, he pushes it back another day. I am far from a mechanic and cannot tell you if a fuel injector swap takes 5 minutes or 5 hours. All I ask is that you keep me informed and don't leave me hanging until closing time.

Top Bottom