What was done to your rig this week?

WJCO

Meme King
Changed the oil in both diffs on the Gladiator. With all the water crossings at Home Depot and Walmart, you can't be too safe. I don't have enough Biden Bucks for axles yet, so for now, I'll take care of the ones I have.

DSC09207 (1).jpg

DSC09208 (1).jpg

One cool thing about the front diff, is that the drain plug has an o-ring so I didn't have to fuck with Teflon.

DSC09210.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Changed the oil in both diffs on the Gladiator. With all the water crossings at Home Depot and Walmart, you can't be too safe. I don't have enough Biden Bucks for axles yet, so for now, I'll take care of the ones I have.

View attachment 360425

View attachment 360426

One cool thing about the front diff, is that the drain plug has an o-ring so I didn't have to fuck with Teflon.

View attachment 360424

I have to say, the drain bolt is one of the BEST things that Dana has done and I love that their axles come with them now. That being said, I'm still annoyed that the front axle has the drain bolt right on the bottom of the diff :doh: :naw:

WJCO

Meme King
I have to say, the drain bolt is one of the BEST things that Dana has done and I love that their axles come with them now. That being said, I'm still annoyed that the front axle has the drain bolt right on the bottom of the diff :doh: :naw:

Well I just found out something interesting. So when I was changing the fluid, I noticed the plug was recessed quite a bit, like a 1/4". I was thinking about Jet Li and was surprised the plug got so fucked up on yours. I just went back and watched your video; the plug isn't recessed at all on yours. I figured the axles have been updated since. Nope, our jl looks just like jet Li with plug right out exposed in the open. And our jl was built last summer several months after our gladiator. So it appears that only the gladiators have the recessed plug.

Gladiator:

KIMG0716 (1).jpg

JL:

KIMG0719 (1).jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I just found out something interesting. So when I was changing the fluid, I noticed the plug was recessed quite a bit, like a 1/4". I was thinking about Jet Li and was surprised the plug got so fucked up on yours. I just went back and watched your video; the plug isn't recessed at all on yours. I figured the axles have been updated since. Nope, our jl looks just like jet Li with plug right out exposed in the open. And our jl was built last summer several months after our gladiator. So it appears that only the gladiators have the recessed plug.

Gladiator:

View attachment 360427

JL:

View attachment 360428

Well son of a gun! I'm glad to see Dana got that fixed. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Gladiator:

View attachment 360427

JL:

View attachment 360428

Your gonna make me look at my JL now and see if they updated up for the later mode years

jamesish

Started my own hard top hoist. Bottom frame started, lots to go. Lots of little ideas, mostly combining different things I’ve seen.

I don’t have high garage ceilings and it’s an one car garage so I have to have an outdoor solution. Yet mobile on grass.

I suck at putting ideas in drawings so I just gotta do it like I see in my head.

IMG_1222.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspect

Finally got to install RR door sills. Definitely recommended. Time will tell but it seems like they functional and look good as weell View attachment 360302 View attachment 360303 View attachment 360304

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had these on my jk and they were great. I read some reviews that these mess with the weather stripping on the doors on the JLs to where it’ll create a leak when it rains or a hole that you can see through when the door is closed.

I’m sure it’s user error [emoji1787] but I figured I’d ask someone with them if they’ve experience that before I order

WJCO

Meme King
I had these on my jk and they were great. I read some reviews that these mess with the weather stripping on the doors on the JLs to where it’ll create a leak when it rains or a hole that you can see through when the door is closed.

I’m sure it’s user error [emoji1787] but I figured I’d ask someone with them if they’ve experience that before I order

I've had these on my JT for 15 months now. I've taken at least two road trips (several hours) where it was raining hard and constant. I've never experienced any water getting in.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
IMG_9836.jpg

So I did the Mopar 2” lift (that comes with that badass crate), daystar leveling pucks, Warn Epic JackHammer wheels, Falken Wildpeak MT01 -35”s.

This one is our daily driver, grocery getter, road trip vehicle so we wanted a mild build. I think we went pretty tasteful with the build. The Mopar lift is designed by the guys that designed the stock equipment. The tires are the same that came on it, only a little bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
View attachment 360488

So I did the Mopar 2” lift (that comes with that badass crate), daystar leveling pucks, Warn Epic JackHammer wheels, Falken Wildpeak MT01 -35”s.

This one is our daily driver, grocery getter, road trip vehicle so we wanted a mild build. I think we went pretty tasteful with the build. The Mopar lift is designed by the guys that designed the stock equipment. The tires are the same that came on it, only a little bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Perfect!!!

Top Bottom