Wheel spacing from arm

MTG

Caught the Bug
I was gathering info on these wheel spacers... wondering why one person had an opinion, but no info past that. I guess that is frowned upon... Info is good. I'm not a fan of "do it this way, cause this is how we always do it" If the info is good I will see it.

It's not frowned upon. The topic has been covered...ad nauseum. Let me summarize for you.

Spidertrax have a proven record of quality.
There have been 3rd party tests on them.
Can you buy other brands for less money. Yes.
Does that mean that mean brand X is worse? Maybe not.
Are they as good? Maybe so.
Should you save money and buy a different brand? That's up to you.

For most the people on here they buy ones they know work and are not going to take the risk with ones that may (or may not be) lesser quality (some would say crappy, but not me). Saving $100 on a product that serves such a vital role on your vehicle seems foolish, but not everyone sees it that way. I'm sure some member's sister Sally knows a hairdresser who has brand y wheels spacers and doesn't have any issues. If that is what you want to hear, good for you, I say go out and take that advice.

If you really wanted to gather information try the search feature and doing some reading before running your gums (or fingers as the case may be).

Last edited:

Army_Vet

Banned
With my very little research that I've done the Spidertrax are dipped for corrosion. The ebay/amazon spacers seem to need extra parts like after market wheel nuts. I've looked at the Teraflex which are the same price as the Spidertrax but haven't looked into what's up with them. Poison spyer is a good company and they have wheel spacers which looked to be dipped for corrosion as well. I did notice the Spidertrax and the Poison spyder inter ring is a different width. With the 1.25" wheel spacers you need to cut your factor posts. With the 1.5" spacers you don't need to modify anything since it just misses the post.

Hope this helps.
thank you sir, sorry this got off track for a bit....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Does this information help you Army_Vet?

He's not looking for information. He is trying to make it look like I started storm thing with him (which is not the case). If he wanted info on spacers all he would have to do is type it in the search bar and see a thread that was posted a few months back about the spidertrax spacers and others. It was between sharkey and ticitaci if anyone cares to look.

Army_Vet

Banned
It's not frowned upon. The topic has been covered...ad nauseum. Let me summarize for you.

Spidertrax have a proven record of quality.
There have been 3rd party tests on them.
Can you buy other brands for less money. Yes.
Does that mean that mean brand X is worse? Maybe not.
Are they as good? Maybe so.
Should you save money and buy a different brand? That's to you.

For most the people on here they buy ones they know work and are not going to take the risk with ones that may (or may not be) lesser quality (some would say crappy, but not me). Saving $100 on a product that serves such a vital role on your vehicle seems foolish, but not everyone sees it that way. I'm sure some member's sister Sally knows a hairdresser who has brand y wheels spacers and doesn't have any issues. If that is what you want to hear, good for you, I say go out and take that advice.

If you really wanted to gather information try the search feature and doing some reading before running your gums (or fingers as the case may be).

See; now isn't having an actual conversation much nicer...

And follow on question; the OP can ask this question, but I get a lecture and the suggestion to do research instead of conversating.... Who doesn't like who again...(rhetorical)

JK's JK

Banned
He's not looking for information. He is trying to make it look like I started storm thing with him (which is not the case). If he wanted info on spacers all he would have to do is type it in the search bar and see a thread that was posted a few months back about the spidertrax spacers and others. It was between sharkey and ticitaci if anyone cares to look.

OH MY GOSH...........I've been wondering where the search button was in this forum, Seriously. That's going to keep me from posting endless questions that have been already answered. Man I've been reading posts after posts everyday trying to keep up and then search for them pages after pages for reference.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
OH MY GOSH...........I've been wondering where the search button was in this forum, Seriously. That's going to keep me from posting endless questions that have been already answered. Man I've been reading posts after posts everyday trying to keep up and then search for them pages after pages for reference.

That was towards army vet not you. We answered your question and he brought it farther. I was telling you that he isn't looking for information.

JK's JK

Banned

And follow on question; the OP can ask this question, but I get a lecture and the suggestion to do research instead of conversating.... Who doesn't like who again...(rhetorical)

:drowninga:

JK's JK

Banned
That was towards army vet not you. We answered your question and he brought it farther. I was telling you that he isn't looking for information.

Oh I know. I was feeling stupid at times posting the things I've been posting since I've been here.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Is this post in case anyone was still wondering if you were a troll?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Oh I know. I was feeling stupid at times posting the things I've been posting since I've been here.

You shouldn't feel bad about asking any question on here.

And you certainly shouldn't feel bad when some self-proclaimed :asshat: shits on your thread under the guise of being helpful or looking for information.

Army_Vet

Banned
You shouldn't feel bad about asking any question on here.

And you certainly shouldn't feel bad when some self-proclaimed :asshat: shits on your thread under the guise of being helpful or looking for information.

Nobody was even talking to you; you didn't even have anything of value to add; you just decided to jump in with both feet to shit on my post asking somebody else a question. I believe that is more of a definition of a troll.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nobody was even talking to you; you didn't even have anything of value to add; you just decided to jump in with both feet to shit on my post asking somebody else a question. I believe that is more of a definition of a troll.

:sigh: Your really are special aren't you.

Army_Vet

Banned
And I think I hear her calling you now. Run along up stairs now. It has to be past your bedtime.

Yes Sir, West coast 37" club member tells me to run along.... I run along now Sir! Thank you for allowing me on here this long Sir!

Top Bottom