When forum friends become real friends

KPM171

Being a web based community is great, I've met a lot of great people on Wayalife. So I thought I'd start a thread about what it's like to meet people in real life after talking to them on the Forum.

For instance, I thought Hinrichs was going to be about 6 foot 4 before I met him..

Now it's your turn!

I expected Hinrichs to be a devious super villain in a cape welding crazy Jeep parts deep into the night. I don't know why on earth I would think such a thing... :D
Thadious.PNG

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So is this the thread where I am supposed to apply for friends? Or is this where you buy, sell, trade friends? I am new to the internet dating scene so I am not sure what happens next......do I pay you to leave? Are we supposed to exchange numbers?

It's turning into J-date here.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I expected Hinrichs to be a devious super villain in a cape welding crazy Jeep parts deep into the night. I don't know why on earth I would think such a thing... :D
View attachment 38231

hahah too good. To think I do have a tophat I could have worn

trying to think of anything good i thought about the guys ive met so far but cant think of what I was going to expect really. I am amazed every time tho how well everyone gets along even from just meeting a few times.

Last edited:

Drayko88

View attachment 38231

That's too funny

I had no really expectations when before meeting anyone but I couldn t believe how quickly we all fell into place and just starting hanging out and bull shitting like old friends on both of my trips so far with the guys and gals on here. It's been a blast and I've definitely made some great new friends

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
OK let me jump in here ... I met Ray (ramin) at the 2010 Rocktoberfest which was my first outing with Project-JK. If I only knew then ...
Then at the 2012 EJS ray and I met Tony (JeepFan). We have been inseparable ever since. Who would have ever guessed that middle-aged guys would become such close friends in such a short period of time? Believe me, they text me all day and night ... worse than our kids! :yup: ... Pals.

Also, I have been blessed to become very good friends with so many of the Project-JK/WAYALIFE crew. Since 2010 we have shared condos for 3 Moab EJS's, ran the Rubicon a couple of times, the Wine Tour, Fordyce Creek, Devils Canyon, and many, many more trails! :thumb: Mod parties, Suds/Grubs, and the list goes on and on. This truly is a WAYALIFE! ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372812504.664925.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372812519.938453.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

seanb123

i was a little nervous to meet Tackerdown (Tom) and SeanB123 (sean) the first time i went to Rausch with them. never meet up with anyone like that before off of a forum. Turns out that we had one HELL of a time that day and i made some great new friends.

Awll Steve your gonna make me tear up 😭haha it's always interesting to try and match faces and personalities through a forum. I thought tom was a young guy turns out he's got a wife and kids haha love meeting new guys and gals on the trails.

Lane87

OK let me jump in here ... I met Ray (ramin) at the 2010 Rocktoberfest which was my first outing with Project-JK. If I only knew then ...
Then at the 2012 EJS ray and I met Tony (JeepFan). We have been inseparable ever since. Who would have ever guessed that middle-aged guys would become such close friends in such a short period of time? Believe me, they text me all day and night ... worse than our kids! :yup:

Also, I have been blessed to become very good friends with so many of the Project-JK/WAYALIFE crew. Since 2010 we have shared condos for 3 Moab EJS's, ran the Rubicon a couple of times, the Wine Tour, Fordyce Creek, Devils Canyon, and many, many more trails! :thumb: Mod parties, Suds/Grubs, and the list goes on and on. This truly is a WAYALIFE! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great story!

Top Bottom