When forum friends become real friends

Lane87

Awll Steve your gonna make me tear up haha it's always interesting to try and match faces and personalities through a forum. I thought tom was a young guy turns out he's got a wife and kids haha love meeting new guys and gals on the trails.

That's funny you thought Tom was young and everyone thinks I'm going to be old.. I'm barely older than Tom's oldest son. :cheesy:

Trembley

Nubs that was me that ate a bunch of that fruit.....

omg....

After the first time I hung out with the "East Coast Crew" I have come to expect everyone to be cool as shit and easy to get along with...this past weekend was no different.

Show up, be yourself....be accepted!

omg....

After the first time I hung out with the "East Coast Crew" I have come to expect everyone to be cool as shit and easy to get along with...this past weekend was no different.

The East Coast Crew have all been cool. From the forum to in-person, everyone has been great.:beer:

there are a few on the west coast I've talked to on the forum and were nice, then there is one or two that seem to be tool bags.
I'm curious to see if my opinion of these guys change or stay the same when I make it out there next year:thinking:

Tackerdown

Banned
i was a little nervous to meet Tackerdown (Tom) and SeanB123 (sean) the first time i went to Rausch with them. never meet up with anyone like that before off of a forum. Turns out that we had one HELL of a time that day and i made some great new friends.
I don't know that I was nervous as much a concerned. lol but that was one hell of a fun time. I was behind you in line that day trying to figure out which one you were. lol

Just leave the cash on the dresser, and stop asking so many questions, you're freaking out the girls.

Try blackpeoplemeat.com. Oh how much one letter can change!
The whit is with you young jeepi :cheesy:
The moonshine this weekend.... damn lol
I was worried about loosening up ha that didn't take long.although I think my A d d was acting up that night
OK let me jump in here ... I met Ray (ramin) at the 2010 Rocktoberfest which was my first outing with Project-JK. If I only knew then ...
Then at the 2012 EJS ray and I met Tony (JeepFan). We have been inseparable ever since. Who would have ever guessed that middle-aged guys would become such close friends in such a short period of time? Believe me, they text me all day and night ... worse than our kids! :yup:

Also, I have been blessed to become very good friends with so many of the Project-JK/WAYALIFE crew. Since 2010 we have shared condos for 3 Moab EJS's, ran the Rubicon a couple of times, the Wine Tour, Fordyce Creek, Devils Canyon, and many, many more trails! :thumb: Mod parties, Suds/Grubs, and the list goes on and on. This truly is a WAYALIFE! ;)

View attachment 38321

View attachment 38322

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I hope we all get to share the same story down the road.:thumb:

Awll Steve your gonna make me tear up haha it's always interesting to try and match faces and personalities through a forum. I thought tom was a young guy turns out he's got a wife and kids haha love meeting new guys and gals on the trails.
LOL you can say it I'm old

That's funny you thought Tom was young and everyone thinks I'm going to be old.. I'm barely older than Tom's oldest son. :cheesy:
That is funny

omg....

I watched you chug the last 1.5 inches of that and that was after I passed on it 3 times. You must have been feeling pretty good or not so good later.

So the first WALer I met was Lane I believe. He joined a group of my friend that went up. First I thought he was full of shit because his bio said he lived in Korea and then we were late to get to Rausch because my kids wanted to eat at McDonald and ate inside , then another friend was late to get to the meeting spot.I thought for sure he was going to be pissed after driving 2 hrs and I was only 50 min away. turns out we had a great time and became good friends.

then Sean and cozdude _Steve . he said his pops was comeing along. I figured they were young and was hoping they weren't punk ass kids LOL turns out they werent much different than my kids.

Jkmadness I thought he was going to be a ruff neck. But turned out to be a nice guy.

Hinrich hmmmmmmm I thought he was going to be some kind of philosopher driving around with a pipe and some books in the back of his jeep. turns out he's balls to the wall git er done and all around nice guy.

As for the rest of the crew I didn't get enough time to form an opinion before I met them but think we have many more years of wheeling to come.

Drayko88

OK let me jump in here ... I met Ray (ramin) at the 2010 Rocktoberfest which was my first outing with Project-JK. If I only knew then ...
Then at the 2012 EJS ray and I met Tony (JeepFan). We have been inseparable ever since. Who would have ever guessed that middle-aged guys would become such close friends in such a short period of time? Believe me, they text me all day and night ... worse than our kids! :yup:

Also, I have been blessed to become very good friends with so many of the Project-JK/WAYALIFE crew. Since 2010 we have shared condos for 3 Moab EJS's, ran the Rubicon a couple of times, the Wine Tour, Fordyce Creek, Devils Canyon, and many, many more trails! :thumb: Mod parties, Suds/Grubs, and the list goes on and on. This truly is a WAYALIFE! ;)

View attachment 38321

View attachment 38322

I agree with tacker
I hope we all have stories like this down the road : )

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I don't know that I was nervous as much a concerned. lol but that was one hell of a fun time. I was behind you in line that day trying to figure out which one you were. lol

The whit is with you young jeepi :cheesy:

I was worried about loosening up ha that didn't take long.although I think my A d d was acting up that night

I hope we all get to share the same story down the road.:thumb:

LOL you can say it I'm old

That is funny

I watched you chug the last 1.5 inches of that and that was after I passed on it 3 times. You must have been feeling pretty good or not so good later.

So the first WALer I met was Lane I believe. He joined a group of my friend that went up. First I thought he was full of shit because his bio said he lived in Korea and then we were late to get to Rausch because my kids wanted to eat at McDonald and ate inside , then another friend was late to get to the meeting spot.I thought for sure he was going to be pissed after driving 2 hrs and I was only 50 min away. turns out we had a great time and became good friends.

then Sean and cozdude _Steve . he said his pops was comeing along. I figured they were young and was hoping they weren't punk ass kids LOL turns out they werent much different than my kids.

Jkmadness I thought he was going to be a ruff neck. But turned out to be a nice guy.

Hinrich hmmmmmmm I thought he was going to be some kind of philosopher driving around with a pipe and some books in the back of his jeep. turns out he's balls to the wall git er done and all around nice guy.

As for the rest of the crew I didn't get enough time to form an opinion before I met them but think we have many more years of wheeling to come.

Awesome use of the multi quote post sir. You may hold the WAL record for most quotes in a single post. For that you will be receiving some random ads and such in the mail FOR LIFE! Congrats.

Lane87

Awesome use of the multi quote post sir. You may hold the WAL record for most quotes in a single post. For that you will be receiving some random ads and such in the mail FOR LIFE! Congrats.

If I were him I would have done them in individual posts to get my post count up.. :cheesy:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
excuse me while I go welcome every newbie...

Actually Overlander (Adam) is a very cool and down to earth dude. I mess with him here cause we are buddies. If people meet him in person they would understand his sense of humor. 👍

Miramontes

Then at the 2012 EJS ray and I met Tony (JeepFan). We have been inseparable ever since. Who would have ever guessed that middle-aged guys would become such close friends in such a short period of time? Believe me, they text me all day and night ... worse than our kids! :yup: ... Pals.

View attachment 38321

View attachment 38322

The Wine tour was my wife's first and my second trip. It was kinda odd to drive early in the morning doorless topless freezing to meet up with people I had never met. We ended up having a great time. Everyone was so welcoming. It's been awesome to have hung out with you guys. Look forward to continue the adventure with good friends.

Chris

JAGS

Hooked
Actually Overlander (Adam) is a very cool and down to earth dude. I mess with him here cause we are buddies. If people meet him in person they would understand his sense of humor. 

You mean lack of humor...right. :thinking:

I kid OJK. Just realized it has been a hell of a long time. When you coming up for a SnG again? Or do I need to head to SD?

Lane87

Actually Overlander (Adam) is a very cool and down to earth dude. I mess with him here cause we are buddies. If people meet him in person they would understand his sense of humor. 

I was just joking around as well, I'm sure he's a great guy and I wish I could get out there to wheel with you guys.

Tackerdown

Banned
Lol thanks kind sir.
Taking a page out of the ol' Overlander book I see.... Very clever.
Haha that was the first guy who came to mind,I've been following in his foot steps.
its like a "sixth" sense...

andrew-
He does have a Sharp whit and always find it funny.
I thought I was the only one who did that lol

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Well let me tell you I have a pretty hi post count and its not due to my knowledge of jeeps more the lack of ,but learning.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

funny you say that since thats what the ny guys were calling me friday night

Top Bottom