Which 37's for JK Daily Driver?

CJW

How do the trail grapplers do in the snow we have in Colorado? I want some but I am concerned with icy highway driving. I have the Duratracs now and wish they made them in 37s. I will have to look at those Toyos.

They do well in deep slushy stuff but suck on ice. In 4x4 though it does just fine.

jeeeep

Hooked
Anyone have any experience with the Falken AT in the snow?

I ran the falken wildpeaks and didn't like them in the snow, they're good on wet and dry but gave no traction in the snow. when in Colorado during a storm i was going so slow and was still losing traction. now running bfg KO2 and they do great

Pyro1415

You guys need to realize the only things that work on ice are an actual winter tires or chains. Winter tires being a compound specific stud less or studded tire, all seasons/ all terrains won't touch a blizzak or nokian winter on ice. That being said I ran mud tires all last winter, only had a few check my pants moments...

Last edited:

Journeyman

Hi everyone, new guy here.
I've got about 8k on my 35x12.50 toyo rt's. Love them so far! My only regret is that I didn't get the 37's. We just road tripped them from Julian, ca on a 5,000 mi trip through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Oregon and Washington with many side trips that were Offroad of course. We towed our little m-416 with RTT with no issues. I ran these at 15psi in Moab with no beadlocks. Last wknd out in the desert I dropped them to 10psi with no issues. They are all season rated (m&s) so the rubber won't freeze in cold conditions, unlike my last set of bfg mud terrains. Nice and quiet on the hwy so far.

jeeeep

Hooked
You guys need to realize the only things that work on ice are an actual winter tires or chains. Winter tires being a compound specific stud less or studded tire, all seasons/ all terrains won't touch a blizzak or nokian winter on ice. That being said I ran mud tires all last winter, only had a few check my pants moments...

the new compound on the KO2 is a lot better than the older KOs. so far I've been happy with how they handle in the snow.

Pyro1415

the new compound on the KO2 is a lot better than the older KOs. so far I've been happy with how they handle in the snow.

No I mean a cold weather compound and ice and snow are two very different things. At usually do really well in snow. I'm talking about when you hit a slab of black ice.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I have the BFGs but man they are wearing so slow and I drive a lot. I'm wanting new tires but I'm waiting for these to wear so I can move up to either 35s or 37s

Pyro1415

I have the BFGs but man they are wearing so slow and I drive a lot. I'm wanting new tires but I'm waiting for these to wear so I can move up to either 35s or 37s

Sell them and buy what you want. The stock tires worn usually go for 250 to 350 on cl.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Well I was thinking about re-gearing first. Yeah I could do that. I'm running a 16 wheel right now and want to go to a 17 so I can fit the right size tire.

Pyro1415

Well I was thinking about re-gearing first. Yeah I could do that. I'm running a 16 wheel right now and want to go to a 17 so I can fit the right size tire.

Oh the stock 16's yeah man put em on cl for 100 and enjoy the new shoes. Id take a look at the new mopar beadlocks they're pretty affordable. Make sure you give a detailed review lol.

n3tfury

Another vote for Nitto Trail Grapplers. Great on the freeway at 80 and do very well offroad (Southwest US).

Zstairlessone

I ran BFG KOs in the mountains up in Colorado, worked well in summer and great in winter. You might put the new KO2s in your to consider pile

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you know of anyone that has used the Toyos in snow and ice (on road)? I've been thinking of getting these since the on road snow performance of a mud terrain is typically below par. I only go off-roading about 12 times a year on difficult trails so am alright to think I wouldn't lose to much off road capability with a tire like this? I currently run nitro TGs and am considering a tire that would help more in the winters of CO.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to test these tires out but as is the case with any tire, the more siping you have, the better they will do in snow and ice. The RT's have a lot more siping than the Trail Grapplers and so they should offer better performance.

Top Bottom