Which/Best Gear Brand Thread

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I might have to do that today and get some on order.

While I'm in there, if the stock lower is in good shape think it's worth keeping? Or should I switch to like an arb

I assume you mean locker not lower lol. If it was me I would upgrade while your in there. Otherwise you will end up paying labor twice for them to go in the second time to install the arb

CCJKUR

I assume you mean locker not lower lol. If it was me I would upgrade while your in there. Otherwise you will end up paying labor twice for them to go in the second time to install the arb

yeah i ment locker, ok i figured it would be a good idea to thanks for the info

raginkgin1

Dana Spicer Ring & Pinion

I'm looking to move up to 4.56 on my 14 JKU Rubicon 3.6L Automatic. I was looking at the Dana Spicer kits but they seam to be on back order for the rear set. Is it with the wait or should I just go with Yukon, G2, or some other brand. I was told that Spicer is the only USA made set.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

My knowledge is very limited on Ring and pinion gears.
From what I've learned here on WAL I believe they are all made in the same factory in Korea. With each company having control of their specific quality control requirements. I'm sure some will chime in with more specific info.

WJCO

Meme King
Spicer does make a lot of stuff in the USA and I wouldn't be surprised if they did make gears here. Regardless, any major brand gearset should be just fine IMO.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Not sure about being made in the USA but I would go with Yukon and get the Y.E.S. warranty. It basically covers absolutely anything that could go wrong. Which includes anything from installer mis-installation to downright abuse and whatever else you can throw at it. It's $45 a piece for gear set and it is well worth the Peace of Mind. When I bought gears from my Ram I went with When I bought gears from my Ram I went with 4:56 gears and bought the warranty and I'll be damned if I didn't have to replace the rear set due to some unforeseen issue that I'm still not sure of. Because it was my daily driver they shipped the gears out immediately without having me send them the gears back first. And the best part is the gears I replaced are guaranteed just like when I bought the warranty originally. Once you buy the warranty for the gears they are covered for the life of the vehicle no matter how many times you have to replace them for as long as you own the vehicle. Well worth the peace of mind in my opinion and excellent gears.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

raginkgin1

Not sure about being made in the USA but I would go with Yukon and get the Y.E.S. warranty. It basically covers absolutely anything that could go wrong. Which includes anything from installer mis-installation to downright abuse and whatever else you can throw at it. It's $45 a piece for gear set and it is well worth the Peace of Mind. When I bought gears from my Ram I went with When I bought gears from my Ram I went with 4:56 gears and bought the warranty and I'll be damned if I didn't have to replace the rear set due to some unforeseen issue that I'm still not sure of. Because it was my daily driver they shipped the gears out immediately without having me send them the gears back first. And the best part is the gears I replaced are guaranteed just like when I bought the warranty originally. Once you buy the warranty for the gears they are covered for the life of the vehicle no matter how many times you have to replace them for as long as you own the vehicle. Well worth the peace of mind in my opinion and excellent gears.

I looked at the Yukon first but the shop I am going to use suggested the Dana Spicer. I didn't see the Y.E.S. warranty. Is that offered when you buy direct from the manufacture?

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
If there are no solid reasons to go with Dana Spicer over Yukon, I'm going with Yukon with a Y.E.S. warranty.

I personally think it's a good deal. And like I said it will cover you for absolutely everything you can imagine. And so far they've worked phenomenally well for me. The warranty in and of itself is what sold it for me.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Yukon or Revolution wil be great, but the Yukon warranty puts them over the top. Mine have worked flawlessly on all the Jeeps I've had them on...

BaddestCross

I'm talking to a shop that recommends Yukon but wasn't aware of their YES warranty. I see a mention of it on their site but can't find any literature. Can you point me in the right direction? Where did you order your parts from?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I'm talking to a shop that recommends Yukon but wasn't aware of their YES warranty. I see a mention of it on their site but can't find any literature. Can you point me in the right direction? Where did you order your parts from?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
I order directly from Randy's ring and pinion. The people there are excellent in customer service and that's who I would recommend talking to.

https://www.ringpinion.com
I hope this isn't against the rules to post this link but if it is I apologize. When you go to the website it talks about the Y.E.S. plan and gives you their phone number.

BaddestCross

I order directly from Randy's ring and pinion. The people there are excellent in customer service and that's who I would recommend talking to.

https://www.ringpinion.com
I hope this isn't against the rules to post this link but if it is I apologize. When you go to the website it talks about the Y.E.S. plan and gives you their phone number.

Thanks! It looks like the extended warranty can be purchased up to 30 days after gear purchase and it doesn't matter where you bought the gears from. Thanks for the info!

--

Top Bottom