Whiskey of the Day

JAGS

Hooked
Did a little bourbon hunting yesterday. Lots of bottle I didn’t get as some places were beyond price gouging.

That said, some places were not and I was able to check a couple coveted bottles off my list. Also added a couple of non-allocated bottles to the collection.

I also noticed something with the Wellers. The gold top is the newest release. The red top is a previous release. New bottle appears to be cork top now.

Attachments

• IMG_6623.jpeg
    IMG_6623.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6628.jpeg
    IMG_6628.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 15

JAGS

Hooked
Nice finds. Hard to say what my favorite bourbon is. But OWA is damn hard to beat. 👍
True story. I still remember (new years run?) many years back and you brought a bottle to share and we were in Eddie’s suite. I wasn’t as in to bourbons back then and thought I’d never pay that much for a bottle.

LOL. Appreciate you starting a spiral. 😂

RJV

Had the opportunity to take this bourbon flight at Bourbon in Nashville (best steakhouse I've been to, it's a Michael Mina restaurant). I'm decently new to bourbon, my "dailies" are either the normal Makers Mark (it's only 80 proof though) or Knob Creek Small Batch (100 proof).
The Makers Mark Private Selection was excellent - had more flavor than the normal MM for sure. The Old Forester packed a huge punch - it's a spicy bourbon! And the Huber's was excellent as well - had a strong Carmel apple flavor to it. I enjoyed them all and would recommend any of them. The MM I believe is about $70 a bottle, the OF is I think about $200 and the Huber's is around $140 I believe. They had some Pappy Van Winkle on the list, but I'm not sure I know enough about bourbon to appreciate that yet!

Attachments

• IMG_5801.jpeg
    IMG_5801.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom