Who named your JK, What do you call it, and Why?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
awesome thread!! :clap2:

moby dick was named by our good friend ken (happycurmudgeon) who called our white JK that after seeing it all built up. the name stuck ever since.

lil' Nemo kinda just fell into place following the acquatic theme after we got our sunburst orange JK.

RubiCAT took some effort to find as a lot of people wanted us to stick with the fishy name thing but, the color was just so demanding of something different. a lot of people wanted us to call it "dozer" but, we had a hard time going with the name of the color as a name for our jeep. but, CAT as in catapillar seemed to be a good reference to a dozer and it sounded right so, we went with it after several people suggested it.

last but not least, vengeance was given to JK we bought from our friend Ken just before he lost his fight to cancer. while this dreadful disease may have taken away his life, it couldn't take away the man he was, the life he lived and the people he touched. it is our hope that he can now take his revenge on cancer and keep on fighting for them now through the build of this JK.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
You drive a Crush Orange JK and you describe it as Nacho colored?

Actually I think its Dozer it just looks Crush in the pic. :)

last but not least, vengeance was given to JK we bought from our friend Ken just before he lost his fight to cancer. while this dreadful disease may have taken away his life, it couldn't take away the man he was, the life he lived and the people he touched. it is our hope that he can now take his revenge on cancer and keep on fighting for them now through the build of this JK.

Well said!!! :clap2::thumb: Vengence rules!

SxyVixen

I have one that is burnt orange in color, not that orange orange color I see now a days. My co-worker coined it TicTac and that's what we've all been calling her ever since!! I should have put it as my vanity plate, but went with BDASTRW ("Be The Straw" as in - suck it up and move on).

ResQace

2012 Crush JKUR on order...already named her JaK...I've got a few more weeks til she's built...should be just enough time to figure out the JaK-o-Lantern decal!

SoCalDozer

I have been calling mine Nova after Casanova haha. it's kinda cheesy but there is something about jeeps that just have a way with the ladies. I also met my current girlfriend the same week I got it.

DA RUNT

Everyone calls my jeep da runt cause its not lifted. So it just kinda stuck.

DARUNT.jpg

Last edited:

GCM 2

Proper name- Champion Flornell Spicy Bit of Halleston. Common name- EVOJEEP

Attachments

• image-389462826.jpg
    image-389462826.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 268

jktubby

Wife gives me and my son nicknames as tubby and tubby jr. So its only right that we name the jeep jktubby, she agrees. So thats what we call her jktubby

Blonda

Athough we got our JK early 2009 the 4 doors still were not that common. Mostly at work, but we would have people ask, is that your new yellow...ummmm "thing" out in the parking lot? :rolleyes2:

So combined with "it's a Jeep thing" and it being called a "thing" we came up with JK Thang

Anza Borrego Desert May 2012 414.jpg

MikeLisa

We haven't come up with a name yet. My wife doesn't understand the whole naming a vehicle but I had a F150 5.4 4x4 we called it big blue. But I can't figure out a name for my JK.

Attachments

• image-535306080.jpg
    image-535306080.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 215

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Our Jeep's name is Ruby-Connie for obvious reasons. Our first road trip the week we got her the GPS talked to us and we realized she is a female. The name was immediate ... Ruby-Connie.

RiverRat7799

My xj was named Frank the tank. Got it from the movie old school. When I got my JK I carried the name over or I just use frank for short. However, my fiancé affectionately calls him Frankie.

Top Bottom