Winch for JKUR HR

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The new VR series looks good for the price. It is still a Warn and has similar looks to the Zeon. They are quite cheaper if cost is a concern I think the 10,000 with synthetic line comes in around $750.00-ish. Steel line is even less, like $599.00 maybe. Something to look into anyhow.

Resqnu

Warn runs different rebates. I was able to get the warn industrial winch accessory kit rebate with my purchase of a warn winch. Plus tax free at the same time. Saved myself about $700.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow! That's a good deal as well. Would have to buy with that deal as well.
Best I have found so far is Zeon 10s $1249 no tax locally or shipped free. I did find $1189 free shipping on a prime site.
Then the Warn rebate $100

Basscat

Given your requirements (light/moderate wheeling, WARN, good quality) I'd go with a Zeon 8s or 10s. Great quality. No need to spend the extra money for the cti-s.

Resqnu

The new VR series looks good for the price. It is still a Warn and has similar looks to the Zeon. They are quite cheaper if cost is a concern I think the 10,000 with synthetic line comes in around $750.00-ish. Steel line is even less, like $599.00 maybe. Something to look into anyhow.

Thanks,
I've looked at the new VR and like the smaller size compared to the Zeon. Would probably be easier to mount and see the line spooling. I'm sure it's a great winch and I do like the price. I also see know that all Warns have the same warranty. I haven't read many reviews on the VR. Warns site doesn't specify that it comes with Spydura rope either. I can't speak if this is a big deal or not. I do not like all the wires that are visible from the frontal photos I've seen. IMO, the Zeon just looks so beefy and has sexy lines and would look almost factory on my HR bumper. I also like that it's made in the USA. And of course the one I like is more $$$...lol

Last edited:

Resqnu

Given your requirements (light/moderate wheeling, WARN, good quality) I'd go with a Zeon 8s or 10s. Great quality. No need to spend the extra money for the cti-s.

Thank you sir,
I am leaning towards those 2. Thinking the Zeon 10-s for the same weight and $100 more for the JKUR. But I'm open to listen to everyone's opinion and personal experiences.

Dustbowl

I run a Warn Zeon 10s with a Factor 55 Fairlead and Factor 55 pro-link. I also run a Warn Power interrupt solinoid wired to a cut off switch in the sPOD. The winch is mounted up front on a Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series Stubby bumper. I really like the setup and the low profile. Fit like a glove after relocating the vacuum pump and trimming the frame horns.

RK-JK2014

I have the WARN Zeon 10-S with spydra synthetic line. It is completely reliable, and as I am sure others have said, reliability counts for nearly everything.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

I have the new VR10-S, used it a handful of times and honestly it's a great winch for the price.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Like everyone here, I can't say enough good things about the zeon 10s. I would recommend the 10s vs the 8s as well, once you load a jku down with mods and gear and need the extra power, that extra $100 over the 8s will make all the difference getting out of bad situation. especially if you are by yourself. It's also a good idea to carry a warn or ARB 20k block. It will give you the ability to double the power of the winch or give you options on angles to pull your self free.

2015 JKUR AEV

Resqnu

I run a Warn Zeon 10s with a Factor 55 Fairlead and Factor 55 pro-link. I also run a Warn Power interrupt solinoid wired to a cut off switch in the sPOD. The winch is mounted up front on a Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series Stubby bumper. I really like the setup and the low profile. Fit like a glove after relocating the vacuum pump and trimming the frame horns.

Thanks, I am looking at the factor 55 pro link and fair lead as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom