Winch for JKUR HR

Resqnu

Like everyone here, I can't say enough good things about the zeon 10s. I would recommend the 10s vs the 8s as well, once you load a jku down with mods and gear and need the extra power, that extra $100 over the 8s will make all the difference getting out of bad situation. especially if you are by yourself. It's also a good idea to carry a warn or ARB 20k block. It will give you the ability to double the power of the winch or give you options on angles to pull your self free.

2015 JKUR AEV

Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards a 10s winch for the enable capacity for $100 more than the 8s

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Resqnu

Ok guys, I need to know the winch mounting plate y'all recommend for my 2017 JKUR HR bumpers. I have read guys have mounted the Zeon winches using the Mopar, Maximus-3, and the Rock Hard mounts. Is one mount preferred over the others? I have read elsewhere that the Mopar is 1/4" steel, and the Maximus-3 is 3/16 (I think). Which some say the thicker is better. I'm only repeating what I have read. The Mopar comes with a front support brace that mounts in front of the winch but behind the front bumper. Some say this offers better support, but doesn't the bumper mounting to the frame offer the same support? The Maximus-3 and Rock Hard basically just come with the bottom plate. Has anyone had any issues with either mounting plate?
Thanks

3TV

I've used a Warn M8000s on a few other vehicles with good results. I used the same winch on my Rubicon Recon for a couple of reasons, ... its reliable and works well enough for my two door JK, it cost less than other Warn winches, it only weighs 55 lbs, you don't have to cut the frame horn or relocate the vacuum pump.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I don't want to be the guy that bursts the Warn winch bubble but about 8 years ago the two owners had a falling out and one left to help run Badlands winches. The winches are just about identical except they don't have the Warn tag on them that jacks the price up, just something to think about.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I don't want to be the guy that bursts the Warn winch bubble but about 8 years ago the two owners had a falling out and one left to help run Badlands winches. The winches are just about identical except they don't have the Warn tag on them that jacks the price up, just something to think about.

Welcome to Wayalife..

WJCO

Meme King

As already stated, cool story bro. Thank you for your contribution to the forum. Your opinion has been noted.

200_s.gif

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Welcome to Wayalife! Make sure you give us a full review of your Badlands winch once you get it?

An intro would also be nice:

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Maybe they had a falling out over moving manufacturing to China, or keeping it here.

Awesome first post! Welcome to Wayalife.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Maybe they had a falling out over moving manufacturing to China, or keeping it here.

Awesome first post! Welcome to Wayalife.

I think it did have something to do with that but I could never figure out which one it was, anyways I've been using Badlands on the front of my ATV for years and as soon as I finish my motor swap my next purchase is one of those for the front of my Jeep.

JeepinDingo

Ok guys, I need to know the winch mounting plate y'all recommend for my 2017 JKUR HR bumpers. I have read guys have mounted the Zeon winches using the Mopar, Maximus-3, and the Rock Hard mounts. Is one mount preferred over the others? I have read elsewhere that the Mopar is 1/4" steel, and the Maximus-3 is 3/16 (I think). Which some say the thicker is better. I'm only repeating what I have read. The Mopar comes with a front support brace that mounts in front of the winch but behind the front bumper. Some say this offers better support, but doesn't the bumper mounting to the frame offer the same support? The Maximus-3 and Rock Hard basically just come with the bottom plate. Has anyone had any issues with either mounting plate?
Thanks

20170114_164526.jpg

Rugged Ridge also has a winch plate designed for the HR bumper. At about $200 it's a cheaper option, but has performed great for me. It mounts behind the front of the frame horns as well as the top, and it even has a built in vacuum pump relocation bracket. Sorry, I'll have to double check the steel thickness. 20170115_133444.jpg
I have it holding my DV8 12k winch. No complaints on either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlacknRedJK

I don't want to burst you bubble but I heard you need a pacemaker. The two original designers had a falling out and one makes them for half the price. The pacemakers are about identical except they don't have the same tag on them that jacks the price up. Just something to think about. Oh did I mention one is made in China, but you'll be fine.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug

I don't think it is possible to burst the bubble of the most reliable, well known and trusted winch on the planet. But you are right about one thing, I put a Warn sticker on a pack of gum and sold it for double what I paid for it, so I guess there's a sucker born every minute. :bleh:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

I've rebuilt a lot winches from all different manufacturers and I can tell you they are all basically the same inside. The big difference is the materials used and the small details in the design.

I run a WARN because the quality is just that much better than the rest.

Resqnu

I've used a Warn M8000s on a few other vehicles with good results. I used the same winch on my Rubicon Recon for a couple of reasons, ... its reliable and works well enough for my two door JK, it cost less than other Warn winches, it only weighs 55 lbs, you don't have to cut the frame horn or relocate the vacuum pump.

Thanks. I like the size and weight of the m8000s. The price is lower too. Just wonder if it's 8000lbs capacity will. E enough for a loaded JKUR. I also like the slick look of the Zeon and looks almost factory when installed in the HR bumpers.

Top Bottom